Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

If not, I'm asking for your help.

Find the stations that play bands like COLDPLAY and begin to call and request that they start playing the band EISLEY. If they blow you off, keep calling.

I've sent email to our A&R guy, to find out how we begin to make this happen.
Someone in Houston said that they heared them on a station there.

Thanks lovies!

kd Wink
sinead
Sea Post King

i posted this a while back, but the digital radio station from the BBC (that's the British Broadcasting Corporation folks...oooh!!! Shocked ) 6Music has played Eisley before, and the DJ Andrew Collins LOVES them. and when Chris and Jonny did an interview for the sation once they gave Eisley a little plug...so it might be a comfort to know you are ALREADY getting international airplay!! Smile
Sinead xxxxxxx
Joined: 30 Jan 2003 | Posts: 74 | Location: Northamptonshire, UK!!!
thejessicastar1
Sea Post King

Kim,
What Houston station is playing them?
Nathan
juan
Lost at Forum

sinead wrote:
i posted this a while back, but the digital radio station from the BBC (that's the British Broadcasting Corporation folks...oooh!!! Shocked ) 6Music has played Eisley before, and the DJ Andrew Collins LOVES them. and when Chris and Jonny did an interview for the sation once they gave Eisley a little plug...so it might be a comfort to know you are ALREADY getting international airplay!! Smile
Sinead xxxxxxx

Sinead, when was that on? i dont usually listen to radio anymore though i know 6 music has some cool live shows (if i'm thinking of the right stsation)...

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
FakePlasticPerson
Sea Post King

I would totally do this if the rdaio stations around here didn't absolutely SUCK!!!!
I'll send em to the college stations and stuff and see what happens.

sinead
Sea Post King

its the digital sattion so i have to listen to it on sky TV...but it was around the end of march that i heard them play "head against the sky"....talk about weird, i almost passed out! But yeah, it does have some cool shows....steve lamaq has a programme, and this andrew collins guy used to work for the NME (which isn't necessarily a good thing) but he's a big music geek, so that's cool.
Sinead xxx
Joined: 30 Jan 2003 | Posts: 74 | Location: Northamptonshire, UK!!!
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:

Someone in Houston said that they heared them on a station there.

Haven't heard them in Houston. Of course, I never listen to the radio any more.

KTRU, Rice University's radio station, plays lots of music by artists that "nobody's" ever heard of... of all genres. Maybe they've played Eisley?

94.5, KTBZ, Houston's rock station (which does play Coldplay), has a program in the evening that plays music by Texas bands. I figure there's a good chance Eisley could get played on that program. I'll do some emailing and see what someone has to say. Everybody else can email them too. Here's a list of email addresses at "The Buzz."

http://www.thebuzz.com/contact.html

Here's their current "Texas Buzz" playlist:

http://www.thebuzz.com/texasbuzzplaylist.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Windy_Willow
Sea Post King

The Buzz and 140 KRBE are the only ones I listen to. XD But yea...I'll go email or call them. They need to play eisley more often.
greeneyes
Sea Post King

the radio here pretty much is crap. every once in a while they'll play the good stuff but the rest is crappy mccrapperson.

mon

juan
Lost at Forum

greeneyes wrote:
the radio here pretty much is crap. every once in a while they'll play the good stuff but the rest is crappy mccrapperson.

mon

thats exactly why i often give up on radio, they have playlists, whilst this may be good if there is a song that is good on the playlist, its bad most of the time, ahh p2p is the bain of my life at the mo. sorry.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

i don't listen to the radio but i will call in to every station i know... even the country and rap ones
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

thejessicastar1
Asked me:

"Kim,
What Houston station is playing them?
NathanBack to top"

It seems like I remember reading somewhere on the board, that someone is Houston heard them on 97X?

Not for sure....sorry.
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

i live in Dallas, i have recently heard both Treetops and Telescope Eyes on 102.1 The Edge, both late at night, and both only one time.
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

they play eisley one the edge? I heard that josh plays them on the adventure club sometimes, but that was ep2. Its cool that they get real airplay. Has anyone heard if they play any of laughing city on matt mungles show on 89.7? I know he plays head against the sky and pretender (uh oh!) sometimes.
pat kauchick
Sea Post King

I SENT MESSAGE TO PROGRAMMING DIRECTOR ABOUT EISLEY SO HOPEFULLY THEY WILL ACT. RFSF IS A COOL CHANNEL YOU GET IN FOUR CORNERS AREA WHEN ON YOUR WAY TO NM, COLORADO,UTAH,AZ ETC.TOLD HIM TO CATCH THEM AT RED ROCK.