no
33%
 33%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 59

frozenlemon
Laughing Citizen

Paranoid Android v2.0 wrote:
Quote:
i'm am extremeley saddened and upset to have just found out today that my local parish is on the list from the arch bishop or whoever to be closed soon. they are going by the figures of who's been married there, how many baptisms theres been, and how many people attended. these figures are being taken from last year. however, also last year the church was being renovated. a MILLION dollars went into this renovation. that is a waste by itself! but the renovation obviously hurt the figures that the judge because the masses were held downstairs in a basement. a lot of people left temporalily to go to another parish but have now returned to our beautiful renovated church. and obviously no one wanted to get married in a basement, you know? and they couldn't baptise anyone because the fountain was replaced during the renovation.

so why would the people in charge do this to us? it's unfair! they could at least wait on us and see how we do this year. the pews are almost filled at the 1130 mass on sunday and it is that time of year when many get married. i think it's totally stupid how they are doing this to us.

I think churches are run as businesses way too much, especially when I see things like this. Closing because they don't think there are enough people going to that particular church? What are they, a network cancelling a TV show because the ratings aren't high enough? Church is church, they should keep going even if NOBODY shows up. Guess that parish wasn't making enough money, but then, what the hell is that?

amen brotha! hehe

www.xanga.com/wasteofrain
www.xanga.com/frozenlemon

my new webpage: www.geocities.com/wasteofrain
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
frozenlemon
Laughing Citizen

i have a question

ive heard alot of different answers to this question:

i've heard alot of people say that if you commit suicide, then you go to hell. even if you're saved.

im not sure what to think of that since ive heard so much about it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

frozenlemon wrote:
i have a question

i've heard alot of people say that if you commit suicide, then you go to hell. even if you're saved.

I think people should abstain from saying anyone goes to hell. That's not for us to decide. Who do we think we are? I know humanity as a whole is stupid compared to God. That's my view. Confused

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boone
Vintage Newbie

frozenlemon wrote:
i have a question

There's nothing you can do to take away salvation.

boone
Vintage Newbie

icurate wrote:
boone wrote:
icurate wrote:
boone wrote:

Baptists aren't protestants.

Oh, yes they are!

Any Christians that aren't Catholic are that way because leaders of
their denomination 'Protested' the leadership of the Catholic Church.
Unless, of course, you are a Catholic Baptist, in which case never mind...

Oh no they're not!

Because Baptists predate Catholics, and therefore did not "protest" the church. They have no part in Cathollicism, and no origin with the Catholic church. In fact, Catholics have been killing Baptists for over 1500 years. Protestants are only 500 or so years old.

We're not protestants. Don't call me one.

I don't know who's version of history you've been taught but, I was taught
that Baptists are protestants and below are 3 links you should read.

http://www.baptisthistory.org/baptistbeginnings.htm

http://www.mainstreambaptists.org/mbn1/baptist_history.htm

http://religion-cults.com/Christianity/Protestant/P-Denominations-1.ht m

Smile

You're looking up the history of the word Baptist. We weren't always called that. Partially because not everybody speaks English (Yes, I'm being smug). We've been known as many things throughout the ages--mostly by way of insult--including Anabaptist (Rebaptisers), and Paulicians. For a good, in-depth history of Baptists throughout the ages, try reading something like The Trail of Blood, a very interesting pamphlet, as opposed to a few paragraphs.

And to save you the time of looking for it, here is a link the the entire text of the pamphlet. Print it out, it's a good read.

http://users.aol.com/libcfl/trail.htm

Last edited by boone on Sat May 15, 2004 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

Denominations weaken the church. If anything will ever cause the church of men to collapse in on itself, it will be the bickering and nitpicking between the different religious denominations.

Quote:

Wouldn't that be a hypocritical statement? If no sin is too great, then why would suicide be?

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
frozenlemon
Laughing Citizen

Paranoid Android v2.0 wrote:

Quote:

Wouldn't that be a hypocritical statement? If no sin is too great, then why would suicide be?

i didnt say thats what i thought. i was jsut asking other peoples opinions of it. it didnt make sense to me why someone would go to hell for commiting suicide.

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

doesn't make sense to me either.I had a friend commit suicide and his family had so much trouble finding someone to do his service because nobody wanted to because of the way he died.
Lost at Forum

That's not right.
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
doesn't make sense to me either.I had a friend commit suicide and his family had so much trouble finding someone to do his service because nobody wanted to because of the way he died.

That's really sad, and wrong, like iampam said... Sad
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

homesick_alien wrote:

I agree that this was stupid. Horrible. These people should have their humanity revoked.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
frozenlemon
Laughing Citizen

homesick_alien wrote:

what jerk people!

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

they found someone the day before the funeral I believe,It wasn't exactly an added stress the family needed at the time.

<< prev | goto page