Laughing City
pedro_rocker
Sea Post King

Dont worry about MExico, Everybody here loves Eisley!

And its growing more and more...
You should come to Mexico soon!

And sherri's twin down here would be so happy to meet her sis... hehe

see ya

swtcatastr0phexx
Sea Post King

Whenever the topic of music comes up among my friends, softball team, classmates...etc, I'm always the first to bring up Eisley. People are always interested in new music, and sometimes I'll burn them a few samples of Eisley. Honestly, almost every person (many) that i've introduced Eisley to, has fallen in love with them, or showed good interest. I've had only one person, ironically my best friend, tell me that she didn't like Eisley. but then again, she lovesssss country music.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
somethingnice
Sea Post King

unfortunatly only one of my friends is as turned on about eisley as i am...it's a tough crowd around here in rockwall. but that doesn't mean that they all don't know about them. everyone who i have let listen to eisley has positive response..and i would say that most of them would even buy the cd when it comes out...... they're just not obsessed like me Very Happy but when i meet someone new..we usually end up talking about music at some point and when i talk about music, i hafta talk about eisley.
Joined: 23 Sep 2003 | Posts: 41 | Location: TEXAS(rockwall)
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I plug Eisley every chance I get... Back when iTunes released Marvelous Things, I gave a copy to my friend Natalie, and she loved it. Then when one of my friends' little sister turned 13, I bought her a copy of the EP as well. She loves it too.

Also, I wear my Eisley merch (t-shirt, pin, bumper stickers) proudly, and almost every time I do I run into someone else who's heard Eisley.

And I plugged the band when a friend and I covered "I Wasn't Prepared" at our coffeehouse gig.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

i sent my sister home with all the eisley stuff i have. I told her she better like it or else she's grounded.

btw, i wear my eisley shirt every chance i get but *noone* has recognized it yet! i hate fort worth. in cowtown's defense ( yes they actually call it that ) its the black one so its kind of hard to recognize.

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

My friend Kelly who I just sent some songs to:
Quote:
Eisley is like nothing i've heard before, it's retro and contemporary all at the same time. Stacy's voice is amazing for someone her age. As a new fan i'm impressed

Edit: here she goes again...
Quote:
kelly (10:36:16 PM): OMG CARRIE
kelly (10:36:26 PM): MARVELOUS THINGS IS MY ABSOLUTE NEW FAVORTIE SONG
kelly (10:36:33 PM): I'M IN ABSOLUTE LOVE

annnnnnd she's still going ten minutes later:
Quote:
kelly (10:44:53 PM): Carrie, Marvelous things is one of those songs where you want more of it, but all you can do is listen
kelly (10:44:56 PM): i loooooooooooooooooove it
his own shot (10:45:24 PM): OHMYGOD I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN
kelly (10:45:37 PM): it's amazing
his own shot (10:45:54 PM): LIKE... YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH, YOU WANT IT TO ALMOST BE MORE THAN A SONG... BUT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW, SO ALL YOU CAN DO IT JUST LISTEN TO IT OVER AND OVER... BUT IT JUST DOESN'T CUT IT
kelly (10:46:04 PM): YES YES YES YES YE SYES YES

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
john2
Golly, Poster

to be honest, everyone where i used to live is just not into good music like eisley. everone is to self conscious about everything. that's why i moved far away(for college). whenever i go back, however, to give my little sister and her friends rides to school and what not, we'll listen to the radio(top 40 stuff) each time cus thats what my sis wants to listen to. everyone sings along to nelly, c. aguilera, etc., then when i put on my eisley ep's everone gets quiet until i take it out or we get to their destinations. i asked my sister if her or her friends liked the songs and she said they thought i was a wierdo for listenging to a chick band. they just don't know what good music is. whatever.
all of the people i hung out with when i went to my sisters school listened to hip hop and RnB. the high desert is a bunch of fake people.

nonetheless, i have both eisley ep's in constant rotation where ever it can be. i've told one person about eisley at school and he says he likes them but, i got one of those feelings that thinks im wierd for listening to them because he didn't want to hurt my feelings or something. i don't really care though what everyone else thinks. i love them.
i drew "GoLLY SANDRA" on my body board the other day, now its the only board i use.

i think when the full length gets out, eisley will be in total domination.

-Boogie Nation-
Joined: 17 Jun 2004 | Posts: 598 | Location: long beach, CA
Last edited by john2 on Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
isabell
Sea Post King

Oo oo! my friends like eisley...two of them have the ep's. my sister enjoys as well. I LOVE eisley...come to jersey again!! now? Wink
JDRagz
Sea Post King

My friend and I are the only two people I know that are really into Eisley. And my friend hasn't even been able to get the EPs yet. Anywho, I told my cousin about Eisley, and he seems to enjoy them. I told another girl about Eisley, and she doesn't really care for them. But look, she's into people like Usher and Avril whatshername. I have another friend who knew about Eisley, but I didn't know that, and he flipped when he saw my AIM buddy icon. He seemed glad to find another Eisley fan. heh

Anywho, I still think Eisley rocks no matter who says what. Alot of people I think are self concious to what they listen to because they're afraid of bein' judged. So maybe, they really do like Eisley, but they just want to mantain their music "image". I myself, say "Who cares." And, if you don't like Eisley? Your loss. heh

Anywho, whenever I talk about music with anyone, and I haven't told them about Eisley, they soon find out.

Linkage: blog|xanga|myspace|deviantart|YouTube

Joined: 10 Jun 2004 | Posts: 275 | Location: Indianapolis, IN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BenC
Golly, Poster

well i use an eisley avatar and have links in my sig at the donnas board so guess every time some one reads my post they'll see it Very Happy but I'd have to get friends first before I can tell them about the band

Shocked <- these aren't big eyes they're nerd glasses
Silver Star Rain
Lost at Forum

I wear my Eisley pin proudly on me jacket (and I am the kind of person who wears jackets if it is 95 degrees outside). I recently told some of my band members about Eisley. One had heard them on the Christmas CD with all the different groups. Luckily, I got most of my famile into them. Even convinced the record store near by to carry their stuff. Who wouldn't want to hear about a hip group of musicians like this.

(L)
Joined: 01 Sep 2003 | Posts: 1061 | Location: The Stoned Mountain
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
My friend Kelly who I just sent some songs to:
Quote:
Eisley is like nothing i've heard before, it's retro and contemporary all at the same time. Stacy's voice is amazing for someone her age. As a new fan i'm impressed

Edit: here she goes again...
Quote:
kelly (10:36:16 PM): OMG CARRIE
kelly (10:36:26 PM): MARVELOUS THINGS IS MY ABSOLUTE NEW FAVORTIE SONG
kelly (10:36:33 PM): I'M IN ABSOLUTE LOVE

annnnnnd she's still going ten minutes later:
Quote:
kelly (10:44:53 PM): Carrie, Marvelous things is one of those songs where you want more of it, but all you can do is listen
kelly (10:44:56 PM): i loooooooooooooooooove it
his own shot (10:45:24 PM): OHMYGOD I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN
kelly (10:45:37 PM): it's amazing
his own shot (10:45:54 PM): LIKE... YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH, YOU WANT IT TO ALMOST BE MORE THAN A SONG... BUT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW, SO ALL YOU CAN DO IT JUST LISTEN TO IT OVER AND OVER... BUT IT JUST DOESN'T CUT IT
kelly (10:46:04 PM): YES YES YES YES YE SYES YES

She had her younger sister (her sister is going into 6th grade next year) listen to it, and at first she didn't care much for it, but the second time she LOVED it and now she loves Eisley.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
tApiokA
Lost at Forum

i do it all the time...especially when i get promo swag. great conversations arise.
Golly, Poster

I was DJing last week at a big outdoor event, and there were a few kids hanging around my desk, so I asked them if they ever heard of Eisley. They all said they hadn't then I told them how Eisley toured with Coldplay and some stuff about the band, being three sisters, one brother, and one neighbor, and from Tyler, then I proceded to play the Marvelous things video on my laptop (which was playing music over the PA system) and told them how this vid was on MTV. They all stood around kind of mesmerized by the video, then at the end of the song, they all seemed like hmm, yeah, different, kind of good, but it's not rap. (Typical middle school age kids response.)
Firestarter17
Sea Post King

I actually just played all the Eisley stuff I have for my uncle and he loves how unique they are. And this man is picky about music. Most people I tell about Eisley fall absolutely in love with them. And anyone who rides in my car with me finds out about Eisley real quick because I'm usually listening *and singing* to Eisley. The only person I've ever known not to like Eisley is my mother...she says "too weird" and "too loud"...but then again, her musical taste is very questionable.

My brand spankin' new xanga! http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=matchbox17

~Madi