Laughing City
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Squirly wrote:

and thens there be fans who post their undying love, stay on the forum day after day, and are in the chat room whether the girls are or not. some people could just not have time to come on alot.

I wasn't saying anything against the real fans of the band,I was saying it's naive to think everyone likes the band for the right reasons

Vintage Newbie

i suppose your right, but i liked to think the majority love the music at least a little more then the attractiveness of the girls (which is pretty freakin attractive)
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 | Posts: 5464 | Location: Galt, California
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Squirly wrote:
i suppose your right, but i liked to think the majority love the music at least a little more then the attractiveness of the girls (which is pretty freakin attractive)

I agree 100% with you Nick...and most do like them for the music

I can't say anymore because we agree haha

Sea Post King

i don't know that there are actually a bunch of people who just like eisley becaise of how the girls look (or the guys for that matter, lol)

i think there are alot of people who were captivated by the music and thus have a strong endearment to the girls (most specifically sherri/stacy who write and sing), but i don't think i'd characterize that as sexual.

i mean i've done silly stuff like declaring my undying love and all that crap but i wouldn't actually want to sleep with them! LOL
but maybe i just like being ridiculous, and the rest of you really ARE weirdos! Shocked Rolling Eyes

oh well i think everyone needs to take a chill pill. random a-holes aren't just showing up and calling us drooling psychos for nothing. i think the envycorps if nothing else makes a valid point in that despite how involved boyd and the band are with this website, we're all just human beings and at least i don't know these people personally, however much i might feel an empathic connection by virtue the music they make. and most importantly it must be realised that they already have way too many fans for them to be able to cater to each and every fan on a personal level.

not that i'm a spokesman for eisley, but i think they would appreciate if we understood that more thoroughly. i think that's what theenvycorps ultimate point is, at least from that i've personally talked to him. maybe there are other things as well that reflect on the forum, that are opinions i might not share. but the bottom line is: EISLEY'S MUSIC IS GREAT. AND THIS SITE IS A GREAT PLACE FOR PEOPLE OF SIMILAR MUSICAL TASTES TO HAVE FUN.

mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

Jonathan wrote:
whoa this is crazy and weird.
all these things going on and i have nothing to do with them.
hmm...i love you.
xoxo.

Well, I thought it was a given that the kids come for the relevant lyrics and great singing but stay to ogle the rhythm section.....

RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

i know i do.

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1152 | Location: San Benito, Texas
Spydog1985
Sea Post King

hmm....

those reviews had some really good points...
Joined: 30 Sep 2003 | Posts: 92 | Location: Arlington, Texas
Squirly
Vintage Newbie

like that one guy said, most people are confessing their undying love more jokingly.
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 | Posts: 5464 | Location: Galt, California
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
April
Sea Post King

This is all very action packed and interesting.
...I guess that's it...

giant_
Laughing Citizen

people will love your stuff or not. who cares. i think joes review was pretty good actually, as far as being well written and thoughtful. half the time i read music reviews and it doesnt even seem like they listened to the the music they are reviewing more than once. I too agree that the EP was a little slick for me, but i still love it.
prettypeacock
Sea Post King

interesting thread - but maybe missing a point - it's not that they are good looking - because they are but so are the boys in the band and thier not super models right. it's that they are GIRLS and YOUNG GIRLS. it's a sick society an wheather Eisley trys to pander that or not it's going to get brought up over and over. the best thing they could do (in my opinion) is be intelligent and put themselves out there so that people no longer have the opportunity to assume thier cute dumb young blondes or whatever dumb stereotypes will get applied. which is what i came to this forum for - to find out if these girls are willing to be defined by the media and thier label or if they've got something to say. songs about fairytales are fun to listen to - but it doesn't quite devulge what they are about unless you take into thought the analogies thier making. and how many people will do that. what could these girls do to mold thier image in the way that they choose to. also i read that they were raised in a christian home is it true that they are christians and is that part of thier image? i haven't seen anything about it really but it seems like bands like swithcfoot and stacy o are putting it out thier openly. if that's important to the girls then hopefully thier label won't hold them back or they won't hold themselves back on account of being marketable to those people that want to look at some young hot blondes. what a world. i don't envy thier position - allot of choices and pressures. good luck girls!
theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

great post, you say eloquently what I say rather barbarically.
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Well, I had something to say... but now I don't because I just read everything and now my head and my eyeballs are spinning because you all write so maturely and it suffocates my brain.

Thank you. Love,
Your 14 year old undeveloped brain,
Carrie

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

AHH GIL WOULD YOU JUST LEAVE THEM ALONE AND LET THEM WRITE INCREDIBLE SONGS FOR ME TO SING LOUDLY TO. I don't really get the feeling that they are being controlled at all or that they are just some pretty faces. But man do i feel their pressure to try to please everyone. Not so much in a way that they would compromise their values, but more in way that they would feel bad at the thought of letting people down. What’s different about eisley is that they weren’t selected by a record company and made into a band. They played and wrote their own kind of music without any help and were discovered by a label that believed in them. Their music is all Eisley. When you read the journal you pretty much see they are fighting to keep things the way they want them to be, under their terms. Gosh I’d hate to be a rock star. All you want to do is make music you believe in and hopefully other people will enjoy and relate to but all people want to do is pick at you. I hope they can handle these pressures gracefully once their populairty begins to grow even more. As for the forum, I think almost everyone here does care about the band because they do put themselves out there but I think it’s mostly because they do believe in their music.

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1152 | Location: San Benito, Texas
ideal
Sea Post King

prettypeacock wrote:
interesting thread - but maybe missing a point - it's not that they are good looking - because they are but so are the boys in the band and thier not super models right. it's that they are GIRLS and YOUNG GIRLS. it's a sick society an wheather Eisley trys to pander that or not it's going to get brought up over and over. the best thing they could do (in my opinion) is be intelligent and put themselves out there so that people no longer have the opportunity to assume thier cute dumb young blondes or whatever dumb stereotypes will get applied. which is what i came to this forum for - to find out if these girls are willing to be defined by the media and thier label or if they've got something to say. songs about fairytales are fun to listen to - but it doesn't quite devulge what they are about unless you take into thought the analogies thier making. and how many people will do that. what could these girls do to mold thier image in the way that they choose to. also i read that they were raised in a christian home is it true that they are christians and is that part of thier image? i haven't seen anything about it really but it seems like bands like swithcfoot and stacy o are putting it out thier openly. if that's important to the girls then hopefully thier label won't hold them back or they won't hold themselves back on account of being marketable to those people that want to look at some young hot blondes. what a world. i don't envy thier position - allot of choices and pressures. good luck girls!

regarding your comment that "fairy tale songs are fun to listen to but [yada yada].... " i think i have to disagree. at least with the idea that eisley need to have some lyrical sophistication or deeper transcendental meaning or important social or intellectual message in their music. that isn't what makes eisley good. in fact, i think their lyrics compliment their music quite well, and their music is what's important. i personally love the "fairy tale" theme inherent not even in the lyrics but just from the atmosphere of the music and the vocal harmonies.

there is something eerily beautiful about eisley, and i just want eisley to know that trying to come off as more grown up or more serious by shortcutting the whole whimsical fantasy thing is a big mistake. i make this comment partially in reference to boyd's comment that stacy had originally been embarassed about the dragon lyric in 'they all surrounded me'. i think the changed lyrics sucked in comparison to the new ones, and when i discovered the motivation for the decision i thought that was terrible. that's the type of thing that makes me agree with theenvycorps' pessimistic feeling that the label is going to ruin this band.

i trust that no matter what, eisley can't be anything but eisley, and that is what will come through on the record to some extent., but a song like 'my lovely', as highly as i have come to regard it, shows some sign of the possibility at least that eisley's music itself is being influenced by the expectations of the label. is this to be expected? sure. i'm not saying that i'm disappointed in eisley for whatever they're doing. i don't even have the right to express such judgmental sentiments. but i would like them to know that there's nothing wrong with the whole eerie fantasy thing, and whatever original vision they had with their music that comes through in songs like silver bugs, memories, and over the mountains. i say this because that whole thing with the lyric change in 'they all surrounded me' really disturbed me, and i just wanted to show my support (however meaningless it is) of the band as it is.