Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
Schizorage
Lost at Forum

hmm... still being a newbie i guess i can post a more in depth and formal introduction in here

My name is Brian, 19, I'm from Cincinnati Ohio, I work for Adecco employment agency and am currently on placement at Procter and Gamble as a temp... fun times. I enjoy playing guitar and singing, as well as playing lead electric guitar in a local praise band for a Methodist church... but i make my church home at a Church of the Brethren nearby... why do i mention these things, you ask? because simply, im not an interesting person. i have very little social interaction offline, but that is because im backward and timid, not because i'm uninteresting. I want to someday move away from here, and perhaps have a family... right now i am at a very dry period in my life that is dominated by sometimes crippling depression and anxiety, but im not TOO crazy... i'm just a good kid who is very misunderstood and likewise unappreciated... i enjoy listening to all kinds of music, and i also write poetry... my favorite bands are Jars of Clay, Jennifer Knapp, Tool, Five Iron Frenzy... and if you know those bands... you'll realize that my tastes are EXTREMELY eclectic... i listen to just about anything... i just love music... i revel in the ability of people to express emotion in a way as intimate and accessible as music... in short, i'm a music nerd. I guess i'll stop rambling about my messed up and sometimes seemingly meaningless existence... i just figure it's a good idea to introduce myself here. thanks for reading that...

jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

Schizorage wrote:
my favorite bands are Jars of Clay...Tool

hahaha Laughing that's different, Hi , and welcome!

jane doe
Sea Post King

hey! i'm taylor and i'm 15 and eisley is the greatest band ever. this is so cool, untill about an hour ago i didn't even know if anyone else had ever heard of eisley.
other bands i like include: nirvana coldplay taking back sunday and sunny day real estate

Eis_Fan
Vintage Newbie

OH ! Kentucky? I have this....Kentucky obsession...and I'm NOT joking...I've never been there...but but-

Well...okay!

HELLO AND WELCOME....taylor

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Shay..you get weirder by the day Laughing

its funny though

the gEek

Eis_Fan wrote:
OH ! Kentucky? I have this....Kentucky obsession...and I'm NOT joking...I've never been there...but but-

Of all the states to be obsessed with...

Eis_Fan
Vintage Newbie

gRegor wrote:
Eis_Fan wrote:

Of all the states to be obsessed with...

Hmm....ohhh.

Today I bought a crappy green shirt with cowboys on it...and it says,"You'll get lucky in Kentucky".

Ahhh....Okay. I'm going to welcome the newbies BEFORE they post...so...WELCOME...

I hope they see that I thought ahead. Hehe.

(actually...I didn't want to mess up the thread...so I added that bit)

BridgeToNowhere
Sea Post King

Hello everyone! My name is Sabrina! I found out about Eisley from a friend of mine. I love their fantasy type sound, it really takes you to a different place when you need it to. I hate being the newbie on boards because they usually get much crap, but i hope it's different here. Well that's all folks! Later days... Smile
Hwin
Vintage Newbie

Hello Sabrina!! No crap here. As Boyd once said, once you've posted in here you are no longer a newbie. Yo old timer. Wink

muh space
BridgeToNowhere
Sea Post King

haha, all i have to say to that is cool...very cool! Smile
niftylikenifer
Sea Post King

Hm. I don't think I'm all that good with introducing myself, but I'll give it a go. My name's Jenna, and I'm 15. I'm from Massachusetts. I've known about Eisley for a while (I saw them on some site and went to find out who they were), but only just joined the forum recently. I listen to lots of different music, but mostly emo/screamo stuff. Yep, I suppose that's it. :]
sizeablescars
Golly, Poster

Welcome Smile
systemnoise
Sea Post King

Hi, I'm Malcolm from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I've actually been lurking... reading the posts for the past few months and I just decided to join now. I'm usually not very consistent with posting and reading on these bulletin board systems, but I heart the band Eisley so very much that I check back here regularly. The forums and topics aren't convoluted with silly jibber-jabber, and everyone seems to be real neat.

I first heard of Eisley from Relevant Magazine and then I realized they were on the Coldplay tour. I didn't find out they were on the bill until after they came through town. I really wanted to go to that show to see Coldplay and it would've been a nice suprise to see Eisley live. Alas, they are coming back to Vancouver. Good times.

----

More about me:

I likes: God, music, U2, kittens, power outages, learning, sleeping, reading, eating, live sound reinforcement, rain, guessing ethnicity/heritage of people i meet based on last names and physical features... just to name a few...

I dislikes: people standing in doorways/small hallways, 'tude, sudden personal space interferences such as bodychecking, angry rich people. (rich people i can barely tolerate, but the angry ones.. hoo boy, watch out.)

I'll also have "y'all" know that I've developed a strong interest for things that happen to be from or of the state of Texas.

The bands: Eisley, The Mars Volta, ATDI, Sparta, ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Midlake, Los Lonely Boys, Dixie Chicks

The cities: El Paso, Tyler(!), Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Ft. Worth, Amarillo ("north in the panhandle")

Other: The weather, NASA, the accent, the ladies(jennifer love hewitt, shannon elizibeth et al. Very Happy), etc.
---

So, yeah... uhm... Any questions?

Peace out,

Malcolm
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Welcome! Don't worry, I barely knew how to use these forums when i got here. Now I'm an old pro. Ha.

Anyway, thanks for all the info. I'm Jamie (the male variety), 24 and I'm from Longview, Texas (near Tyler). Stick around, this is an awesome place. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
robbie
Vintage Newbie

Hello, I've been lurking around this site for almost a year, I think that I changed my name at some point when I lost my password, but I've never posted before. My name is Robbie, I am 22 years old and from Kansas City, MO (or just south of). I won't go into some long diatribe about all that is me, but the byline would claim that I am a musician and I had played in a band for over 6 years until last month, I am solo now, but my newest project is called the Abstractionists. I am a writer (I used to say aspiring writer, but then I figured out that either you write or you don't... regardless of monetary issues or success), I haven't had more than a few reviews and children's stories published though. My occupation is Network Administrator right now, but that will surely change. I have worked at guitar stores and for CMJ magazine for a while. I'm a big fan of using various styles of ellipses to cover my cognitive dissonance when posting on the internet so be prepared for lots of... . . . . . . . . . ....
Joined: 17 Jun 2004 | Posts: 2249 | Location: Kansas City, MO

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>