Laughing City

who am i? someone that has nothing to do except listen to music and figure it out. that is pretty sad.. i know... tell us when you're band is playing jeremyb....
i hear somthing's happening tonight in dallas... are you going?
 |  | 
jeremyb
Sea Post King

yes, tonight in dallas. i will be there.
philippians 4:13
Amy
Sea Post King

Mad grrrr.........NOTICE that the subject was SHERRI-got a question for you...not anybody out there know the answer to this.....I did that on purpose so that there would be no "nu uh it's this chord and this progression and blah blah blah...let's argue some more about musicality and notation and it's in melodic major" I'm sure we all know plenty about music. THE ego on this post was ridiculous. I have a feeling this "guest" who replied with the correct answers cuz i checked it out...was someone in the band so thank you very much for answering my question. Rolling Eyes the irrelevant things in life of which we like to argue.
Amy
Sea Post King

And by the way, (to the comment of "all their songs are like so easy")I think all their songs are incredible, and as simple as they may be to play....I think that is the best part. Especially because of the moving lyrics and the different talents all five of them bring to the table. What other band do you know with a 14 yr old girl in it who can write and play music beyond her years?
jeremyb
Sea Post King

amy... i apologize - especially since my post took up so much room... i acted on the impulse to reply to the "no C chord in A" comment and totally forgot the fact that your post wasn't directed to anyone other than band members. and i apologize if my attempts at humor came off as ego...

i also totally agree with your comments on the "all their songs are like so easy" thing... yes, some or many of their songs may be simple, but how many of us can say we write songs as well as moss does? i know i can't.

well, it's late, i need to get to bed... thank God for no early classes tomorrow morning. good night everyone.

philippians 4:13

i agree as well. they write some of the best songs i know. thank you.
 |  | 
Iamthewalrus
Sea Post King

Just because a song is easy doesn't make it any less great. The Beatles and Radioheads songs are easy to play and they are incredible. what makes a truly great song is its power to move people, and Moss' music moves people and that makes it great
Jonathan Clark
Sea Post King

Well, I was going to say the exact same thing that Iamthewalrus said -- references to Radiohead included -- but I was beat to it. Very often easy music is the most effective.
The day it single with half is done. Today I questioned all never. I have two way to choose: To be forever to crush and miss of with relief compensating single close to the failure memory, or cynicism. No the exit. I do not want either or one. Do fact any life does it come here, or it is only myself? A choice between torturing or the very grotesque escape.

-Josey Price

comrade
Jonathan
Sea Post King

cool, guys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bartman
Golly, Poster

Iamthewalrus wrote:
actually I'm two classes away from having a college degree in music thank you very much you ignorant fart

I already have my Bachelors degree (graduated magna cum laude in 1997), so looks like I'm not so much an "ignorant fart" as you suposed.

Iamthewalrus
Sea Post King

Bartman
sorry I called you an "ignorant fart" that was uncalled for. I had just heard this song and I remembered that chords E and C off the top of my head, its not like i spent many hours trying to transcribe the score.

what exactly is your degree in
Bartman
Golly, Poster

My major is actually Electronics Engineering Technology, but I've had classes in music theory and voice, and I play guitar and piano as well. I was also invited to be a part of the "Singing Men of Texas", but I didn't have enough time to devote to another activity.

The only reason I commented in the first place is because you said most all their songs are C and E, and those two do not resolve nicely together, also I figgured you were just spouting off chord names just for the sake of saying something.

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Did Sherri ever answer this question Question
Amy
Sea Post King

I have no idea if sherri answered or not...but it sure did get alot of attention and cat fights Exclamation