Laughing City

Do I take a bus 550 miles to see Muse in Chicago, or do I save a buttload of money and have a peaceful, homework-filled weekend?
Go to the concert--duh!
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Do your homework, you lazy slacker!
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Why are you asking us? Make up your own mind.
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I'm torn, I really am.

If I leave work at 5 on Friday, November 12 and go to Greyhound station and catch the 6:25 bus to Chicago, I'll arrive at 7 a.m. Saturday. My friend Michael, who lives just outside of Chicago and has easy access to just about everywhere, will meet me at the station and we'll drop my stuff off at his place. We'll gallivant about town until about 4, when I'll stand in line until the doors open at 5:30, and then I'll stand around some more until 7, when Muse will destroy my auditory nerves and leave me very, very happy. Then I'll sleep, and leave Chicago at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday and arrive back home at 10:45 p.m. I'll sleep for about eight hours, get up, and go to work Monday morning.

It's airtight, really. Except for the fact that any number of things could go wrong and totally screw it up. But oh, I can feel it calling me... "Hannah," it says, "go see Muse in Chicago. You cannot resist. You so desperately want to be in the same room with Matthew Bellamy."

And I hear, and I understand, and I know what I must do. But I still need your opinions. So answer the poll. I'm dying here.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

you obviously want the concert, me and ryan are going to see em too, is gonna be SWEET
marv
Sea Post King

Thats one thing I can't really comprehend, living on a relatively small island.... travelling 550 miles on a bus to see a gig? To me thats insanity...

But my mind works on a smaller scale I guess. It *is* Muse... so... hmm...

"Wee would beeee so happy you and meee
Noone there to tell us.. what to do!" Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I just love how this poll is evenly split between the three choices. Kind of like my brain right now.

Last night I dreamt I was walking around a big shopping mall/convention center in Chicago, and I noticed Muse sitting on some couches, and I got their autographs before the show. If that's not a sign that I should go, I don't know what is.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
endlessdays
Golly, Poster

Augh! I want to go to that show. I just want to see Muse. I don't care where.

They were here! They were in my town, they were going to play a show, and then backed out. Injury, sminjury.

So then they said "Don't be mad! We'll come back! We'll play a show at... at... at... Gypsy! Yeah! Just because we stiffed you and we feel bad about that."

Then later they said "Eh. Don't want to play Dallas. Screw you."

Tossers.

But I still really, really, really want to see them. One day, one day.

sendoutSOScalls
Laughing Citizen

Muse in Chicago?? i had no idea!! can you give me any info on when/ what venue? id really appreciate it! how awesome. i wanna go. you should go if youve got time!

http://www.last.fm/user/Untitled_9/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86438423@N00/
Joined: 13 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1749 | Location: In the courtyard waiting on the breeze to float after me
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

sendoutSOScalls wrote:
Muse in Chicago?? i had no idea!! can you give me any info on when/ what venue? id really appreciate it! how awesome. i wanna go. you should go if youve got time!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0400392FA78B2DB1?brand=&artistid=710 165&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Smokemonster
trav
Lost at Forum

so i guess your going?
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

i gave up sigur ros once for homework. i still regret that decision. but if you really feel that you need to study, you should not go. but if you can swing it, go to the concert and then study extra hard for a few days. sometimes the best thing you can do for your academic life is have fun! keeps you balanced and energized.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

trav wrote:
so i guess your going?

Sigh. I still don't know. I have to decide fast though, otherwise they'll be sold out soon. And it'll also depend on whether my friend Natalie wants to come with.

Smokemonster
Robby
Sea Post King

i voted HW just cause i thought nobody else would...

i was wrong
trav
Lost at Forum

i also said HW.
1. b/c i dont really like muse
2. this may be the semester i fail out of college, and its not something i would wish on anyone. so kids, do your homework.

swtcatastr0phexx
Sea Post King

my opinion: go go go. for the love of music and your friend. and it's smart that you're planning way ahead of time. just do your homework and such before hand and have a worry-free weekend in chicago.
ambientgecko
Lost at Forum

Muse is overrated

homework sucks, but you'll regret letting it pile up.

even though I'm a college slacker I'd still go with the HW.

"even on the drearest day
a loving hand won't turn away
God's greatest gift to man
how sweet is love"

http://www.myspace.com/ambientgecko

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Joined: 24 Dec 2003 | Posts: 1334 | Location: Fort Worth is my home... I'm at OU now though