Laughing City
stpddrummerboy88
Lost at Forum

theenvycorps wrote:
who's mature here?

*raises hand and looks around*...*slowly puts hand down*

MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

It always amused me how the band has, amongst all of these big rock names like Bono and The Edge, a guy named Larry.

"And now introducing the members of U2. First we have iconic pop star and political activist; this is Bono! Next we have guitar virtuoso and musical innovator, The Edge! And then we have.......Larry!" Confused

Flickr
Transvaal IV - Myspace : Virb
Deep Thoughts About Shallow Subjects
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

MoreOfTheSame wrote:
It always amused me how the band has, amongst all of these big rock names like Bono and The Edge, a guy named Larry.

"And now introducing the members of U2. First we have iconic pop star and political activist; this is Bono! Next we have guitar virtuoso and musical innovator, The Edge! And then we have.......Larry!" Confused

Larry's too cool for a catchy nickname. Larry Mullen, Jr. just about says it all, really.

But that doesn't apply to Adam Clayton, 'cause, well, he's just not cool at all.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RogueBoy
Sea Post King

Are you dead???

Adam Clayton is one of the coolest people alive today.

Reasons:
1. His accent doesn't fit in with the rest of the groups, and is so different from theirs that he always sounds like he's taking the piss, even when he's telling the truth.
3. He always takes the piss.
4. His glasses.
5. All of his clothes. See? He's taking the piss.
6. The way he doesn't seem to 'play' the Bass, he 'humps' noise out of it (see Rattle & Hum film).
7. He's in U2.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

RogueBoy wrote:
6. The way he doesn't seem to 'play' the Bass, he 'humps' noise out of it (see Rattle & Hum film).

That's the best thing ever. Laughing

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

theenvycorps wrote:
iPod Photo = ripoff
U2 iPod = gay looking

yes.

-ben

PS™ i even like U2, but i dont want an iPod w/ them all over it.

Vintage Newbie

Last night I sat through twenty minutes of streaming video of Steve Jobs talking about the U2 iPod, the Complete U2 collection, all the exclusive stuff U2 was doing with Apple, and how great U2 is.

Finally it came to the moment I'd been waiting for: Steve Jobs ushered Bono and the Edge onstage. After twenty minutes of Bono and Edge talking about the U2 iPod, the Complete U2 collection, all the exclusive stuff U2 was doing with Apple, and how great Apple is, they declared that they'd be playing a song, and Edge sat down at the piano and began to play "Original of the Species."

Just before the first chorus, the video faded to black and there was silence. When it faded back in, the Edge was putting his guitar away after playing a second song, and Steve Jobs was declaring how amazing they were and thanking them for coming to perform. Bono and Edge left the stage.

Man, Apple sucks.

Smokemonster
Malfaiteur
Sea Post King

theenvycorps wrote:
iPod Photo = ripoff
of?

RogueBoy wrote:
3. He always takes the piss.

He does what? Eh? Sounds like a sloppy task to undertake. I shouldn't like it myself. Wink Oh, and uh, you skipped #2...

~!Matt

I wrote your name in red chalk on the sidewalk in front of my house.
Joined: 18 Mar 2004 | Posts: 343 | Location: Raleighwood, NC
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Maybe it could look like this...

Sadly, I couldn't find signatures of Weston and Jon. Hmm.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number