Laughing City

Which of the following song lists should represent the new 4 song US ep?
Mr Pine, Memories (musical seeds - new song), Sea King, Sun Feet (mike mogis - remixed)
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Mr Pine, Marvelous Things (new song), Sea King, Sun Feet
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Mr Pine, They All Surrounded Me (new song), Sea King, Sun Feet
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
I made up my own 4 songs list below.
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Mr Pine, Memories, They All Surrounded Me, Marvelous Things
30%
 30%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 50

AearTeilu
Sea Post King

I played the video for my roomie, and as soon as we'd crawled out of out beds this morning, she remarked, "Wow, that song's been stuck in my head for two days straight... any more out there?" So, I connected her to the mp3's on the site and congrats, you have yet another new fan.
Just thought I'd share.

swiss army romance
Golly, Poster

Is it possible to play the marvelous things video on real player 8 plus, cause I can't get it to work on that player. And for some reason, realone player wont install on my computer.

Joined: 26 Jul 2003 | Posts: 754 | Location: Good ole' Goshen, Oh-hi-Oh

It works great for me!!!! I love it. I have watched it a couple of times. I need to download it and put it on DVD so I can watch it in my car while I am driving. (Just Kidding)

I dont know why some of you are having trouble getting the file. I even tried it on my old PC and it worked fine. You could have a firewall blocking access or something like that... I am just glad I can see it. I showed it to my friends and they totally got into it. There is just something marvelous about Eisley live. Thanks Boyd!!!
 |  | 
boyd
Eisleyoid

sorry...I've been away, except for the fat post I've been working on which some of you may or may not know of:

http://www.eisley.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1954

Juan: also...sorry. The UK ep will be different. yes. I believe it will include a combination of the best songs from both Laughing City and the new US one...but, I'm not yet sure whether it will have something nobody has, yet. Perhaps, though, it's a good opportunity to specialize towards the British market - that is to say, if a few of the songs on L.C. might suck for one of "your types" (that's a joke...), it could be deleted and a new one off the new US ep will be added to round out the list.

Which songs of LC might should be dropped? I wasn't prepared? or what other ones?

ON REAL PLAYER. I know I have the very most lastest-est Real player product on my OSX (sys) MAC. It's called "Real One" (player) That's all I know. Try opening Window's Media Player or someother programs to see if it'll load once "they're" open.

Thomas, from this very forum is helping me prepare the files. I wouldn't want to bother him, but...he should know the answer. I have to get backto CD graphics, yo. Laughing
Thanks guys. take care.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

many thanks boyd
theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
Which songs of LC might should be dropped? I wasn't prepared? or what other ones?

I would drop Telescope Eyes personally. Definitely keep Tree Tops, Laughing City and I Wasn't Prepared.
juan
Lost at Forum

ignore the above, he/she isnt from the uk, so doesnt have a say Very Happy

hmm dont think i'm at liberty to speak for the whole of the uk but i would drop telescope eyes, unless they record the old version. and tree tops. they are both good songs but i love they all surrounded me (not to be released?) and marvellous things is pretty cool.

ah idont know cos mr pine HAS to be on it and actually i love all the songs i have heard but i'd say tree tops is the weakest (but not bad), sorry. so in conclusion if i had it my way i'd say release them all on one cd, but that would prob amount to an album.

its all good, but the weakest imho are the new telescope eyes and tree tops, though that isnt to say they are bad.

oh sea king was wicked at the v fest as well, the boootleg i have from some show somewhere isnt great(sound) but cool song.

erm, yeah. just release something Smile

steven

oh and thanks for replying. (didnt PM as i thought other ppl would want to know).

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

juan wrote:
ignore the above, he/she isnt from the uk, so doesnt have a say Very Happy

Whatever. I'm going to import it! Smile
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I so love Tree Tops. Makes me think of my childhood. That said, I'm buying the UK CD, too. No matter how hard it is to get.

That will be all.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ali
since 1979

oh no, boyd! don't drop i wasn't prepared.. it's the perfect song to wake up to in the morning. and people in europe need to wake up, too!
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i clicked on the video link, but didn't think to download it.

how big is the file? (i'm 56k, so this is important info)

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The file on my desktop says 4K. But I suspect that's not exactly right .. The thing says 223.something kbps. I'm pretty sure that would be decent on 56k.

I may be wrong about all this Real Player stuff. I hardly ever use it.

I have empathy for your connection speed ... The only thing I miss about dialup is the modem noise.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address