Laughing City
wowsunshine
Sea Post King

wow i just heard them and they sound totally different from the live versions. they are incredible and very addictive to listen to haha. can't..stop.....! very excited for their full length.
also..i couldnt help but to notice that stacy's voice sounds incredibly different on the new songs. don't get me wrong...it still sounds beautiful, but it's so different...did her voice change overnight?
Last edited by wowsunshine on Sat May 28, 2005 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zombie-Face
Sea Post King

I totally agree.

Everyone is going to be angry at me for this one, but I'm not crazy about the new Telescope Eyes. I like the new guitar solos, but it is way too fast. The original version TE was the first Eisley song I heard, and it is what made me fall in love with the band. It was slow and sad and beautiful (I am not emo, but I liked the song's dynamics). For the lauging city EP, they sped it up, but it was still pretty cool, especially the new vocal harmonizations and guitar intro/solo. This version is even faster, its almost bouncy. Maybe I am crazy, maybe everyone will hate me, maybe my opinion is totally unvalidated, but it is just how I feel.

theufbproject.com
boyd
Eisleyoid

totally ok. it slowly grew on me... but that's just me. Now i can't
remember how slow the slow ones were. i keep saying, that's probably
"the sacrificial radio-ish song". Eisley was ready for it to go away. We'll
see how it does. ...we're all too close to it.

Stacy's voice? huh? I dunno. she's turning into a great vocalist...growing
from the age 10, 13, 14 with respect to old cd's...these were tracked at
15. But she's pretty much the same as she was on Marvy Things, except
she's tighter. Have you seen the band live?

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

yeah that stacy girl she's growin up on us, fuller voice and all. sounds real good, when she comes in on the new I Wasn't Prepared i was floor, i couldn't believe that somehow she had gotten better. I dare say i'm an even bigger Eisley fan now than i was before...uh oh...better start locking the doors and windows boyd...
wowsunshine
Sea Post King

nope never got the chance to see them perform live. im always so late on notices..and by the time found out that they were playing in my area, it was either sold out, they were playing on the day that i found out, or they were playing on the day before or after. darn
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Stacy sounds a lot more confident. Sherri sounds great, too. Stacy has made the biggest change, though. I like how you can tell them apart easier on the new recordings than in the past. Should help the new people who are still trying to figure it out. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eclectic Gypsy
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
Stacy sounds a lot more confident. Sherri sounds great, too. Stacy has made the biggest change, though. I like how you can tell them apart easier on the new recordings than in the past. Should help the new people who are still trying to figure it out. Smile

i think that somebody made a thread with/about the differences between sherri's and stacy's voice...though i am not sure where it is or how old it it?!

ideal
Sea Post King

Now I can tell the difference between Stacy and Sherri's voice virtually upon command... The latest songs I can remember being confused (already months ago) about are The Winter Song and surprise that Stacy sang the first verse of Silver Bugs.
runaway
Sea Post King

see them live..
arrrgghh
i still have my tickets from the canceled show!
astronomyluna
Sea Post King

new version of Telescope Eyes? where are these songs? Clue me in. I'm a little bit out of the loop.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

astronomyluna wrote:
new version of Telescope Eyes? where are these songs? Clue me in. I'm a little bit out of the loop.

They're at this wonderful "Emerge" thing: http://reprise.fanpimp.com/eisley/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
standingcareful
Golly, Poster

I really haven't noticed that much of a change in Stacy's voice. It's matured, but I haven't seen anything very drastic.
berlies_
Lost at Forum

Yeah, I'm not too hot about the new recording either. Maybe I was just too used to the old one so the new one just sounds 'weird'. I bet if I had heard the latest one first and then heard a new recording with it slowed down, it'd probably sound weird as well. Whatcha gonna do, right?
fatesrelease
Sea Post King

Most of the songs I listened to that were previous songs that had been re recorded made me sad to listen to because they were sooo different.
It just seems like...I dont know.
They changed to much.
I mean I support them in whatever they do, but like the voices sounded like they were changed with a machine, and you could barely hear them clearly.
It was very popish.
I just got very sad. When I was all happy to hear they were coming out with a Cd.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The bad polish in pop is the stuff that compresses sound and makes it brittle and saccharine. The stuff I've heard from Room Noises is more about clairty. Maybe a little more polish than I would prefer, but it's a first major label album, and it doesn't hurt to wax the car now and then. I was really worried when they started the album that it might be overproduced. I can be really anti-production, but I haven't seen it hurt any of those songs.

All we know is Eisley in cheap studios, on demos, live recordings and bouncing around random producers. I really don't care much about whatever the production is, I just want the songs to be there and for it to have passion.

I still don't think we should be allowed to comment until we're used to the new versions. And, we completely arent' if we've been listening to Eisley for more than a couple of months.

Anyway, most people here haven't even heard a CD-quality recording yet. So hold off until April or so. Smile

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Very Happy