Laughing City
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

jbudlives wrote:
ZooeyGlass wrote:
I'm travelling all by myself from New London or Henderson... none of my friends like Eisley...

As the saying goes, "Friends don't let friends dislike Eisley"

I know... I'm working on it... I've got to free them from their Creed addictions first... Rolling Eyes

ambientgecko
Lost at Forum

I'm hosting theenvycorps and livetoenjoy, then we're driving from Fort Worth, what a drive!

"even on the drearest day
a loving hand won't turn away
God's greatest gift to man
how sweet is love"

http://www.myspace.com/ambientgecko

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Joined: 24 Dec 2003 | Posts: 1334 | Location: Fort Worth is my home... I'm at OU now though
abductee
Laughing Citizen

my friends' dad lives in texas. and he's visiting him for christmas this year as he did last year.

so he might be showing up.

as he did last year.

however, I think the show he saw before was in austin.

he also told me the crowd was much more responsive there, than here (in san francisco) the lucky jerk..

so you know.

I just gave him the info after talking to him at practice today.
good times.

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
rooeeez
Sea Post King

For all you out of towners coming to Deep Ellum for the first time: try not to get lost! One way streets and whole lot of crazyness.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

All depending on one PM from chad and i should be on my way.

(surprise)

yea i'm nuts.
Shane_yourspacecowboy
Sea Post King

I went to the door to see Stavesacre and Ethan Durelle last spring, It was so strange in deep ellum because we walked down the strip during the daytime and you know you had your usual stuff going on, but it was really empty. Then after the show we walked back and all kinds of people we Everywhere, it was awesome. It seemed that once the sun went down everybody and their mother was there.

www.xanga.com/Shane_yourspacecowboy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
daniel t hall
Sea Post King

ill be driving from plano..which will take like 30 minutes..or i might be driving from dallas..which will take maybe 10. does that count?
ali
since 1979

i don't suppose austin is considered that far, compared to a lot of these folks.
PoorWriter
Lost at Forum

ali wrote:
i don't suppose austin is considered that far, compared to a lot of these folks.

yeah. nice try.

Blake_Wolf
Sea Post King

I want to come from Oklahoma, but the girl i was going to go with is only 16...any suggestions? Here was the full message I typed out:

Hey guys, um, I'm not very good at making myself sound important without sounding desperate, so I apologize for the stupidity of this message, yet please see it as valid. Please.

So, I have this ex-girlfriend, her name is Meghan, and we're both pretty decent looking people. And we had been planning on going to the Eisley New Year's Show in Dallas at Tree's. The conversation went something like this: Meghan:”Hey, Eisley's playing a New Year's in Dallas.” Me: “No way…well…uh, um, do you wanna go?” Meghan: “Sure” (this is usually when I crash and burn, so I had to be cautious about what I say” Me: “Well, then I’ll check for tickets online”) We then checked for tickets, saw that the show wasn’t sold out yet, and got increasingly excited. “Hey, this might actually work”, said I to myself. SCORE! So we then agreed to ask our parents, because we are ages 16 (her) and 17 (me) respectively. So my parents said yes. Her parents pulled a ‘parents’ and said “yes”, then “no”, then “yes”, but only if we promised to drive back to Oklahoma that night. We said, “Okay” at just about the same time.

So that’s where we were at, when I had gotten the Dad’s credit card, gone through, like, 50 different websites. Found where to buy tickets, and then saw something: It said (something to the effect of, though I’m not great at impersonations: “Ages 17+ ONLY”. So I crapped my face, because I’m 17, and she turns 17 on January 16. Just 17 days or so after the show. (that date might be wrong, don’t tell her this, but I forgot her birthday. I remember it was only two days away from a different ex-girlfriends birthday, which was January 14th, so Meghan’s is either the 12th or the 16th, but don’t tell her I forgot, please) So I called her, and we both went: “(crapped our faces)” at approximately the same time…

So this is our cry of desperation…is there any way you could help us stick it to the man by helping us out? Does someone have a suggestion, i.e., We could get someone on the phone with our parents, give parental signatures (even though permission slips are like, so second, grade), and do basically anything, maybe even to the point of providing some of her parents own human blood, maybe in a zip-loc baggy, maybe in Tupperware, whichever you prefer. Anyone know how we could get in?

So I guess I said all of that to say this: We would be one million times thrilled if you could help us out, in any way. We are from Oklahoma City, so it is quite a trip, but it would be more than worth it, not only because Oklahoma gets old, but because Eisley is incredible musical fusion. Please help us stick it to the man with some information. My e-mail address is blakewolf@cox.net and hers is Idonteatmeatsogivemeacarrot@hotmail.com (don’t tell her this, though I may have forgotten it, and that could be wrong, so stick with the first one). We would be thrilled to hear back from someone with any information, or anything. Thanks, Bye.
-Blake
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I'm coming in from the great city of Tyler, TX.
I'm gonna get soooooo lost. Sad

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

my tickets just came in today Very Happy

just a few more days
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

jamiga wrote:
I'm coming in from the great city of Tyler, TX.
I'm gonna get soooooo lost. Sad

I drove there today from Henderson... It isn't too awfully confusing, though I was a little lost for a while... Considering that I had only been once and from College Station, it wasn't unexpected...

Shain
Vintage Newbie

I tried to come... didnt happen. dang long distances.
Sea Post King

I tried to go even harder. even got the tickets, but decided the weekend before that I couldn't go. no money and I had to get a job...man, freakin' everything!

But of course I'd like to sit around and chat