Laughing City
adamjk
Sea Post King

the minimum order is 500, and the sale price is $2.45 PER bracelet, when you buy 500.

It's a lot... But, for Reprise, which is gonna spend a ton on stickers and whatnot, it's probably not that much. They could order even more, and get it at even less per...

Who knows?
Joined: 17 Jan 2005 | Posts: 59 | Location: silver spring, md
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Random Person
Sea Post King

I bought an A&M wristband for $1 at the mall, so $2.45 actually seems kind of much to me in comparison. But I wouldn't mind paying that much for dear Eisley. Wink

Me and my wings are very fragile.
And is that what you want?
girl*from*mars
Laughing Citizen

Honestly, I think those bracelets are stupid. I mean, yeah, the whole yellow ones for Lance thing was creative but now it just overdone and everyone and there dog is wearing one in some color. I see them on people and don't even care what they mean. I think they should put all those colored bracelets(along with all those different magnetic ribbons for cars) in a giant bondfire.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

girl*from*mars wrote:
Honestly, I think those bracelets are stupid. I mean, yeah, the whole yellow ones for Lance thing was creative but now it just overdone and everyone and there dog is wearing one in some color. I see them on people and don't even care what they mean. I think they should put all those colored bracelets(along with all those different magnetic ribbons for cars) in a giant bondfire.

Laughing I don't really care overall, but you rock. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
adamjk
Sea Post King

girl*from*mars wrote:
everyone and there dog is wearing one

this is what I started the thread with:
adamjk wrote:
I mean, it's awesome that they've raised so much money, but it is just a little much when everyone from your great aunt to your neighbor's dog has one...

That's why we'll make them green or something. Besides, Eisley is cool, and it'd be cool to have an Eisley bracelet, or so I think...
Joined: 17 Jan 2005 | Posts: 59 | Location: silver spring, md
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

girl*from*mars wrote:

Here here!

...Here here.
Marloes
Sea Post King

girl*from*mars wrote:
I see them on people and don't even care what they mean.

Yeah I'm really annoyed by ppl wearing them just cos it's a hype as well!! Here there are those red and orange ones with RESPECT on them....and I see some ppl wearing them, and I wonder if they even know what the word respect means....at least, they don't act like they do.

About the bracelets themselves Wink those are funny, but I don't really care about them.

What's the use, but ok Xanga
Joined: 16 Aug 2004 | Posts: 183 | Location: the Netherlands
Eclectic Gypsy
Sea Post King

girl*from*mars wrote:

here here i agree, the bracelets have become like coachroaches in the ghetto..everywhere you turn you see one. But if there where to be bracelets made. I would get one if it was a slap-on like in the 80's just cause i find those things so amusing.

LifeIsShortFrolicHard
Sea Post King

I do agree that the bracelets have seen their days, but i'd still buy some! especially since i love green...
Joined: 20 Jan 2005 | Posts: 12 | Location: way down in kokomo!
endlessdays
Golly, Poster

Dude! Slap bracelets! Brilliance!
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I don't care for those bracelets. I think it's all a rip off of the Lance ones, which obviously has a much greater meaning than all of the other ones. I think everyone else is doing it because they saw the huge response the Lance ones got, and figured they'd get the same.

The lance ones have a much greater meaning, I think. One of my friends is a Lance-o-holic, and she's read his books and knows everything about him and watches Tour De France all the time, she got one of those bracelets before they exploaded and explained everything to me. Now those others just don't seem as... cool, or helpful.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
Eclectic Gypsy
Sea Post King

endlessdays wrote:
Dude! Slap bracelets! Brilliance!

thanks... i was actually playing with one when i read this topic and was like hey slap bracelets ...yeah Rolling Eyes

girl*from*mars
Laughing Citizen

Eclectic Gypsy wrote:
girl*from*mars wrote:

here here i agree, the bracelets have become like coachroaches in the ghetto..everywhere you turn you see one. But if there where to be bracelets made. I would get one if it was a slap-on like in the 80's just cause i find those things so amusing.

Slapbracelets... now that's an idea I could get into. Remember how when they were popular, suddenly they became dangerous because the fabric part could somehow come off and you could slap sharp flexi-metal against your wrists and slit them and bleed to death. Good times. Rolling Eyes