Laughing City
chubbygumby

the songs are great! will vintage people and tree tops be on the telescope eyes CD single? (sorry that i already posted the question in the other itunes thread)
 |  | 
Matthew
Sea Post King

Vintage People is unbelievable......what a chorus. ! it's been on repeat for the past 24 hours.....WOW
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Vintage People is inCREDIBLE ... FANTASMAGORICAL ... the exact opposite of my favourite word(craptacular). I've listened to it about 25 times since I bought it ... the strange singing lady in my shower sings it over and over and over again. It's a refreshing change from hearing 'All Er Nothin'' from the Oklahoma! musical all the ding dang time.

This is by far the best 'Tree Tops' I've ever heard ... ever ... I LOVE it.

And now that I can hear 'Telescope Eyes' in a higher quality version, I can yessinitely, definitely see why WB wants it for radio. I'm still indifferent, but I can now see that it really is a pretty good radio song ... I would've picked a different song, but that's only because I'm tired of TE. So I'm biased.

(The EP is now #25 on the top 100 rock albums in iTunes!)

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

How the heck do you see the top 100 rock albums?

Tree tops threw me off at first, but I actually like the extra instrumentation stuff. Sometimes, it feels overdone for me when songs do that. Like "Hey! We're in a studio, let's make funny noises to go with our song, especially ones you'll never hear live!" but ... it really works on this song. heh. Confused

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
giant_
Laughing Citizen

yes sir, this tree tops demo is so so so so so good. love the instrumentation and experimentation
Burnout Kid
Sea Post King

I think it's safe to say that Vintage People has quickly become one of my favorite songs of all time!
Joined: 14 Jun 2004 | Posts: 264 | Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

yes, same as all others, vintage people is amazing. i'm still processing tree tops. i'm just too hooked on vintage people right now so tree tops will have to wait its turn.
Lisa
Golly, Poster

I'm sure they are great and I would even join i-tunes, pay for them and wait for my rubbish dial up to download them very very slowly

BUT

They are not avaliable to the UK so I wouldn't know

Yes I am angry

'It's never over, shes the tear that hangs inside my soul forever.' - Jeff Buckley
Joined: 27 May 2003 | Posts: 904 | Location: West Yorkshire, England
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

i cant get enough of tree tops. i made all my roomates listen to it, over and over again yesterday. I like vintage people because it's such a simple elegant song. Nothing too much. Different from tree tops, but just as good.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

boyd wrote:
So...that's that. "Thank you and on the behalf of the band, I hope we passed the audition..."

Congratulations, you got the job, when can you start?
Jay
Golly, Poster

to be very honest, treetops sounds overproduced. but i heart vintage people. its such a grower.
yssirhcmik
Sea Post King

i may be the 44372894th person to say this... but vintage people FRICKIN' ROCKS. MY SOCKS. it's so awesome. i bought the song right away on itunes and was listening to just that one song alllllllllll day. i love how sherri sings in this. but i'm really mad because my ipod's not turning on and i can't put vintage people on it and spread eisley love to friends in school tomorrow. :[

has anyone, btw, have this problem before? my ipod worked perfectly fine yesterday, but when i went to charge it last night, it just won't turn on. i've been pressing the play button (actually all buttons) repeatedly, but it won't turn on. :[ this happens often. i hope it's not a bad sign that it's already messed up. 'cause that would suck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
even though tree tops and (especially) vintage people are demos, i think the songs are amazing. A-mazing.

i now have 5 versions of telescope eyes Wink Rolling Eyes

i can only think of 3:
1. original indie recording
2. Laughing City EP version
3. Room Noises version

what are the other 2?

p.s. about singing into pickups - i know Thom Yorke has been doing that on Climbing Up the Walls when they play it live for a few years, but i imagine people have done a long time before this.

ptah
Sea Post King

bgburroughs wrote:
ryan fisher wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
boyd wrote:
On the Stacy vocal (ahhhh) solo - she sings into the pick ups on an electric guitar. There'z yoo sum trivial spew.

The first person I saw do that was Incubus's Brandon Boyd

isaac brock's been doing it for ages

As has Jónsi, for one section of "Svefn-g-Englar."

I'm sure it's been done for eons, but I first saw Scott Wieland(sp?) of STP do it for the beginning of their song "Dead and Bloated" on their Core album.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
swtcatastr0phexx
Sea Post King

news of Eisley on itunes compelled me to download itunes.
the beginning of Tree Tops reminds me of a Pilot Drift song Smile and the last verse sounds so cool- i guess that's what it means to "sing into the pick ups of an electric guitar"?
and village people! ayayaay! what a treat!

just another reason why i love Eisley- their songs help me survive a night of studying biology and plants.