Laughing City
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Friends and members of Laughing City,

Another year has passed for me in this community… a sort of home within my home. It is hard to believe that it has been a year since I last made an address of this sort, and it is even harder to believe that two years have passed since I first discovered Eisley and became a member here.

Over the course of the year, membership in this community increased 97%; it has almost doubled in size. We watched our membership numbers surpass both 3000 and 4000. Even more of the world is now represented here; we have members from France, South Africa, Singapore… and many other places that I cannot recall.

We saw not only changes in membership, but also in the look of our Eisley haven. The forum recently got its first significant facelift to coincide with the release of Eisley’s debut album.

This forum allowed us to witness the creation of that album… a long, complicated process that we saw and read about with unwavering fascination. We also watched another successful tour, this time with Snow Patrol. To say it was a big year is an understatement, and we had the honor of experiencing it all, thanks to the unimaginable dedication and the detail of Boyd’s words, videos, and images.

But despite all this growth and change, the wonderful essence of this community has remained unaffected. It is still a place where we can gather to exchange thoughts and ideas (both the profound and the inane) without fear of attack and ridicule. It is a place that allows us to meet new people… both online and in person. It is a place where courtesy and kindness still prevail. It is a place where support and encouragement continues to be the rule and not the exception. This forum is, essentially, the perfect representation of Eisley and their music. This is why I still visit daily… even after two years. And I imagine many of you feel the same way.

I can’t help but be a little fearful that everything is going to change for the worse very soon… that the release of the album will cause a major disruption to our online sanctuary. But you know… I had similar fears a year ago.

I wish Eisley and all the members of Laughing City the very best as I enter my third year as a member.

Feel free to post your own feelings about your time here. Thank you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Holy crap! It's been another year?! Shocked

Ok, shock aside, that was yet another very awesome SOTFA. Smile

I agree, pretty much in whole. Nice work. Cool

Here's to Year 3 of Rizobness.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

what a post.
good words dude.
Cool Very Happy
clearly_invisable
Sea Post King

Well addressed.

Stewie: Hey, mother, I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.
swtcatastr0phexx
Sea Post King

cheers to another awesome year.

like you said, it's been an honor to experience it all. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

hmmm...dont know what to say, but i do want to say something...oh well, Good Adress, and im glad the forum is in a good state, hopefully it always will be
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

That was a very pleasant address...

I've been a fan for a bit over a year now and a forum member for a lesser amount of time, though I began reading when I first started listening to the band... I don't know that any worries are in order, since I know I received a nice welcome into the Laughing City and I am sure that many more new members will be welcomed as warmly...

Congratulations on your forum anniversary...

leighish
Vintage Newbie

woohoo!

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Now that I think about it has been a year since I saw them on Subterranean.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
midnightmourning
Sea Post King

Very well put.

Livejournal. Xanga.
MySpace. Hah, I have no friends on it.
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 | Posts: 485 | Location: Oceanside, New York
stpddrummerboy88
Lost at Forum

i just wanted to say that as of today i've been here a year and you guys are the reason i stay seriously!!1 you awl rock so dang much i love you all
Buckethead
Sea Post King

Crying or Very sad hey guys where are the tissues..pass them here. Im merely a newbie of two posts but yet i feel so emotional. Its no use im going to have to go hug something
Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

I think this counts as my one year anniversary too. I remember watching MTV2 last winter and going into chat.
Joined: 25 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1546 | Location: Look under your bed...
Silver Star Rain
Lost at Forum

Word.

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

Joined: 01 Sep 2003 | Posts: 1061 | Location: The Stoned Mountain
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

Lovely address.
Although I've only been a member of the forum for a short time, I have been watching and reading for months, and listening to the music longer.
I have similar fears... how can you not with all this change?
When bands get bigger they go through such beatings, it's terrible. As they receive more and more attention, the negative attention gets larger as well.
But if any band can pull through it all with grace and humility, I think it would be Eisley. So lets all have hope.