Laughing City
FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

I received the CD yesterday from Tower, and it is beautiful. I like the tracklist just the way it is, and I hope we get to hear the other tracks someday.

I blasted, "Room Noises" out of my surround speakers with candle light and it was an experience I will never forget. Thank God for Eisley.

swtcatastr0phexx
Sea Post King

Smile i got my copy in the mail yesterday, and i was literally screaming and jumping for joy! man oh man, i've never been so excited for an album before, and finally, I was playing it on my way to work. I love every second of it! and Trolley Wood as the last song was such a nice way to wrap up Eisley's first album. Is Chauntelle singing parts of the song? I couldn't tell. and wow- the design graphics, overall look, colors, everything- looks so amazing and beautiful. like always, beautiful job Boyd. Congratulations Eisley! yay!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
visualartist
Sea Post King

I bought mine in a store Thursday... don't ask( they put it out too early, I was in shock,...but I already had the press release)
bocnore
Sea Post King

Near Harad wrote:
just to do some bragging,there is this part in the last song where Chauntelle sings solo. Absolutely Beautiful

Where is it that Chauntelle sings? By "the last song" are you referring to trolly wood? Because I can't hear her....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
librariman
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
librariman wrote:
So I got the album in the mail today from the WB. I didn't get the buttons either because they're on "backorder". That's cool though...I like getting things in the mail so now I'll get another package.
Why are the printed lyrics different from what is actually sang? Does that mean some WB lackey tried to transcribe what they heard and got them wrong or I am just hearing what I want to hear?
Anyway...it sounds beautiful and I'm lookin' forward to seeing them in Detroit even though I'll have to endure the other bands on the tour.

The lyrics are different? Boyd did all of that himself, I've even heard him check lines with Sherri.

Hmm...Maybe when I get a chance I'll give it a good hard listen and read at the same time...then I'll repost this query. No audio at work so I'm singing the songs to myself in my head, which means that I'm just making up the words...

bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

bocnore wrote:
Near Harad wrote:
just to do some bragging,there is this part in the last song where Chauntelle sings solo. Absolutely Beautiful

Where is it that Chauntelle sings? By "the last song" are you referring to trolly wood? Because I can't hear her....

She comes in at around 38 seconds or so on "Trolleywood." Her voice sounds very similar to Stacy's on there, but a bit lower and softer, I think.
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

hisownshot wrote:
bgburroughs wrote:
I would've taken off:

"Telescope Eyes"
"Brightly Wound"
"My Lovely"
"Plenty of Paper"
"Lost At Sea (Remix)"

And added:

"They All Surrounded Me"
"Lady of the Wood"
"Mr. Pine"
"Sunfeet"

But that's just me... I hope that what was decided on for the tracklisting does the job in earning them widespread enough success that they have more freedom to do what they want with their albums in the future.

Hm, I would agree with Telescope Eyes being taken off... but then again I think that song has been so beaten to death, that mostly everyone here would... but for the rest I'd have to disagree.

I'd probably take off Telescope Eyes, I Wasn't Prepared and Marvelous Things. I would leave Memories because I love it. However, I think that since those songs were on the EP, they should have been let go. I love them and all, but it's not as exciting when you get a new CD, and you already know 50% of the songs because you have the EPs with them.

I would have replaced them with Mr. Pine, Sunfeet and Silver Bugs.

But no complaints from me. I love the CD.

yeah i dunno i think mr. pine is such a great song(and a lot of people agree) that i think theyre crazy for not adding it but it's ok. but then again i havent gotten my CD yet so i guess when my jaw drops i wont be talking anymore lol.
end MORAINE
Golly, Poster

The mail hasn't come today, but even if the album does come today I will still be very unhappy. The purpose of preordering music is so that you get a week in advance. I mean, c'mon I don't think Eisley is going to fly off the shelfs at my local best buy. So basically I feel like I just paid $5 more than I would at Best Buy (not too mention shipping costs) just to get the cd the day its released or if I'm luckier a couple days after.

I got my Bright Eyes albums 3 weeks in advance.
FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

librariman wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
librariman wrote:
So I got the album in the mail today from the WB. I didn't get the buttons either because they're on "backorder". That's cool though...I like getting things in the mail so now I'll get another package.
Why are the printed lyrics different from what is actually sang? Does that mean some WB lackey tried to transcribe what they heard and got them wrong or I am just hearing what I want to hear?
Anyway...it sounds beautiful and I'm lookin' forward to seeing them in Detroit even though I'll have to endure the other bands on the tour.

The lyrics are different? Boyd did all of that himself, I've even heard him check lines with Sherri.

Hmm...Maybe when I get a chance I'll give it a good hard listen and read at the same time...then I'll repost this query. No audio at work so I'm singing the songs to myself in my head, which means that I'm just making up the words...

There are plenty of instances where the lyrics are incorrect. Starting off with Memories and almost for every track. It's not a huge deal, but I would have thought that someone would have sat down and listened to the record and compared the lyrics before finalizing them for print.

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

end MORAINE wrote:
The mail hasn't come today, but even if the album does come today I will still be very unhappy. The purpose of preordering music is so that you get a week in advance. I mean, c'mon I don't think Eisley is going to fly off the shelfs at my local best buy. So basically I feel like I just paid $5 more than I would at Best Buy (not too mention shipping costs) just to get the cd the day its released or if I'm luckier a couple days after.

yeah true thats why i ordered it w/the button package. something special.
but it is their first full length cd i think they need a break..and most likely it's the record label's fault or whoever does that stuff.
FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

end MORAINE wrote:

It also was stated on the Saddle Creek website that the Bright Eyes albums would ship a couple of weeks early.

I have the album and i'm going to pick it up tomorrow because one copy just isn't enough.

end MORAINE
Golly, Poster

Five minutes after that post, my mom walked in with the album. I got it a day early. I don't blame the band at all or anyone. No one ever said the album had to arrive earlier than expected, I just figured it was an unwritten rule.

Either way, I'm happy listening to the album so I'll shut up.
Greeneyedjeffrey
Sea Post King

oh my gosh its so good!

The rival, pulling himself up to his full height, said
haughtily, "I never make way for fools!"

Smiling, the professor stepped aside and said,
"I always do."
Joined: 13 Jun 2004 | Posts: 42 | Location: Springfield, Missouri
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

FrozenEye wrote:
librariman wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
librariman wrote:

There are plenty of instances where the lyrics are incorrect. Starting off with Memories and almost for every track. It's not a huge deal, but I would have thought that someone would have sat down and listened to the record and compared the lyrics before finalizing them for print.

haha that bothers me somehow..maybe im too much of a perfectionist but half the art of the album is also the writing/lyrics in it. oh well im sure its a great cd (but i still havent gotten it). tomorrrrow or im gonna go crazy ! ha.
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

end MORAINE wrote:
Five minutes after that post, my mom walked in with the album. I got it a day early. I don't blame the band at all or anyone. No one ever said the album had to arrive earlier than expected, I just figured it was an unwritten rule.

Either way, I'm happy listening to the album so I'll shut up.

yeah...i preordered it from amazon, and it comes in 10 days, so thanx for not complaining anymore.

-ben

PS™ Neutral