Laughing City
TheContrabajo
Sea Post King

I have been joyfully listening since Monday night...definitely worth the wait. Very nicely autographed as well...thank you very much Tower Records. Oh, and Eisley. Thank you more. Eisley is the coolest thing in the continental United States. Maybe Alaska and Hawaii too. Certainly Canada. Probably Guatemala as well. No doubt.
Joined: 07 Feb 2005 | Posts: 19 | Location: The University of Illinois
endlessdays
Golly, Poster

I love the vintage Eisley bits in the packaging.
TheFly7
Sea Post King

My Room is officially full of Noises.

I love it. I obviously like the songs I've heard already, but I'm impressd with the newbies too. Especially Memories and Trolley Wood. Cool Songs. Oh and anyone notice they thank the Laughing City forum? Yep, that's my first album sleeve mention. We're all friggin famous now. Cool

Great work, guys. Can't wait for more...

Your heart understands what your head cannot yet conceive; trust your heart.

I look cool, I am cool -Larry Mullen
midnightmourning
Sea Post King

Ah I can't wait I'm leaving at 6 to go get it.. maybe if I just turn my clocks forward now..

Livejournal. Xanga.
MySpace. Hah, I have no friends on it.
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 | Posts: 485 | Location: Oceanside, New York
The Spark
Sea Post King

I went to the mall to find it. Target didn't have it, (how dare they)so I went to Best Buy. I looked all over for it, all they had was one copy of Marvelous things, so I asked someone if they had it somewhere. She looked on the system and said she was gonna go look in back. I swear she was gone 15 minutes at least. Finally she comes walking out, and has one copy of it. She said "it was really buried back there". So I said "Oh no it's not burried!!! I want at least 35 copies COVERING that so called "new music" section in five minutes!" ........well, ok, maybe I was just thinking it. Ok, acctually I just said thanks and went to buy it. While I was waiting in line I read the Entertainment Weekly review for it (it got a B+ by the way). I listened to it (loudly mind you) on the way home, and ran to my room to listen to it on the better sound system. It's absolutley amazing! Thanks Eisley
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Skabro1005
Golly, Poster

So, I was planning to get it at the concert tonight....but I think Im gonna go get it now cause I cant wait and am about to pee my pants if I dont listen to it. Its definatly commin with me to the concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skabro Mr. Green

i spit out a flury of rude language at garron like, "UGH!....DUMMY!" he flips out and crys for the next couple of hours, then we stop at subway my favorite restaurant and buy him a sub and things are cool now.

You will be greatly missed Jonathon David Wilson. Great bassist, great guy.

*caution*
*Myspace-caution*
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 | Posts: 931 | Location: Where I currently am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
babysweetwolf
Sea Post King

i got it in the mail and i haven't listened to anything else since.
like seriously.
nothing else.

sizeablescars
Golly, Poster

oh well, let's talk about my experience. I decided not to preorder the album because I wanted to walk into the store today and buy it. I like that feeling. Of course, all the stores around here ordered 1 copy and there are none left. Who orders 1 copy? Evil or Very Mad
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

well, i arrived at this ginormous music store called cheapo at 11:45 and asked the nice boy behind the counter about the cd but he didn't know what i was talking about. but the boy at the counter next to him was a little wiser and said it was already out and that i could buy it right away as long as i kept it secret. oops.
lostjeremy
Sea Post King

unsuprisingly great...also saw where they gave thanks to our church and pastors family....very awesome
Joined: 09 Aug 2004 | Posts: 189 | Location: Tyler, TX & Mililani, HI
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

i couldn't get mine until 3:48 pm today. stupid school, and stupid me for not having a car to skip free and buy it.

it's amazing!!! i can't pick a favorite because i love them all(though i do like old telescope eyes better than new). "brightly wound" made me get teary-eyed. no idea why, but some songs do that to me. i am so happy.

ptah
Sea Post King

endlessdays wrote:
I love the vintage Eisley bits in the packaging.

I love that too. I mentioned it in another thread. You have to know where you've been to know where you're going, right? Good job Boyd to include the old pics and names.

While I preordered a copy, I still picked one up on the way to work today. Tower Records had Room Noises playing when I entered the store - made me happy. I played it three times in a row at work...loved every minute. Great variety. The songs I knew sounded great (even Tele Eyes - I'm getting used to it.), and the others were even better. I LOVE Golly Sandra's country/western twang, and the keyboard-worbly intro to Plenty of Paper is great. Trolley Wood's finger-snaps intro and clapping/cheering at the end are perfect.
Love it!, Love it!, Love it!

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

i've been a member in this forum for over a year, and this is my first post...i'm a lurker..hah.
anyways, i skipped 5th period to listen to this cd ( i couldnt wait ! )
and this is the BEST cd i have ever heard, hands down. this cd provokes happiness and emotion and not many cds have done that for me. i'm a long time eisley fan and i can't believe the lp is finally here. its absolutely wonderful. its been on repeat for about 4 hours now. plenty of paper is my favorite, and i love trolley wood. and i can't stop listening to just like we do....and my lovely is wonderful too!
AH
BEST
CD
EVER
IN HISTORY
OF EVERYTHING.
indykitty
Sea Post King

I was having boy troubles (to say the least) and gRegor was trying to cheer me up so he bought me my very own copy of Room Noises. I just wanted to say that gRegor is awesome and Eisley is awesome.

I've been "lurking" on this forum for a year probably 'cause gRegor was always saying something about something someone said here or something like that... I never posted b/c until about a month ago I'd never even heard Eisley. But yeah... I finnally listened and loved... and I just had to post today since Eisley and gRegor made me smile when all I could do was cry.
Zeek
Sea Post King

seriously, it's wonderful.

Especially Trolly Wood.
And Marvelous Things.
And Lost At Sea.
andiwasn'tpreparedbrightlywoundgollysandramylovelyjustlikewedo pleantyofpaperandonedayislowlyfloatedaway.

Oh, and I really like the Zelda-esque chord ending to Just Like We Do.

Yeah, Trolly Wood made me so happy, just listening to it. It also made me load the CD onto my iPod shuffle and promptly spin and dance around my room while listening to it.

and I'm a 17 year-old boy. [one not usually prone to spinning, atelast]

seriously. very nice, guys.