christian hoard is a dweeb.
giant_
Laughing Citizen

i think dood is pretty hoard
Rafael
Sea Post King

rolling stone on brittney spears

"Britney Spears carries on the classic archetype of the rock & roll teen queen"

um.....i think my prior confusion just floated away. So not hot.

ROLLING STONE IS TRASH.

And as for the reviewer, WTF is this guy?

link

link

My highschool newspaper had stronger writers, why arn't they sitting in an office and writing ~*lovely*~ reviews.

I know that no one
No one survives

-Displaced, Azure Ray
FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

Rolling Stone does like Bright Eyes.
http://www.rollingstone.com/artist/_/id/9089/brighteyes

I don't care a whole lot about reviews because it is just one persons
opinion of an album; the reviewers are not going to buy the album,
and they obviously are not fans. I have not read anything in Rolling Stone
in awhile, and now I remember why.

chubbygumby

it seems like the eisley review was posted in the future...
it says, "Posted Feb. 24, 2005".
 |  | 
yoetheterrible
Sea Post King

Wow! I don't care if Rolling Stone gave them a bad review but the crap this dude was barfing up was amazing. Ok so they're Christian..who cares. Their faith probably makes them great people, their talent makes them kick ass musicians... so I don't see why he had to bring it up at all. Twisted Evil Rolling Stone munches major butt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

If you think this guy was off the wall, read this review
of The Frames, "Burn The Maps."

http://music.ign.com/articles/586/586971p1.html

ali
since 1979

EisleyForever wrote:
"... pretty Christian siblings (and one best buddy) should have performed at W.'s reinauguration."
1: Why do the religious views of the members of the band have anything to do with 'Room Noises'? I sensed no Christian rock undertones in any of the songs. His comment is irrelevant.
2: Why do the political views of the members of the band have anything to do with 'Room Noises'? I doubt most of us know for sure who in the band is a Democrat, Republican, or Third Party Supporter ... because it's not part of the music!
3: What an interesting comment coming from a man whose name sounds like Christian Horde. Razz

That was a weird review ... compliments mixed with "you suck"-age. Rolling Eyes

spot on, tedra.

merry andrew
Sea Post King

The Rolling Stone reviews of Eisley are awesome because they have the best quotables:

For 'Marvelous Things', Rolling Stone wrote:
It's music for Unicorn Barbie.

For 'Room Noises', Rolling Stone wrote:
... they're [Eisley] ... a killer talent-show entry.
Joined: 22 Sep 2004 | Posts: 196 | Location: Redmond, WA, USA
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Eno_Not_Emo wrote:
Saellys wrote:
"shall" is not a verb.

Um, actually it is. It's an auxiliary verb that supports the main verb in a sentence, just like would or will.

You can't go shalling, and you haven't shalled. Auxiliary/helping verbs do not a proper verb make. Call me nitpicky; it was just the straw that broke my Rolling Stone-hating camel's back.

i'm going to agree with hannah here. shall is a helping verb, not an actual verb. the point is, though, it was entirely silly for this guy to say that they use the verb "shall" as opposed to just saying they use the word "shall." and also, i'm confused as to how eisley's usage of "shall" has anything to do with anything. it was like a random comment. weirdo.

and i agree with the comments about how stupid mentioning religious/political things was. neither of those things influence the fact that the eisley folks are awesome musicians. if he thinks the harmonies are "cloying" or that the words are "teenage neverland"y, fine, whatever, that's his opinion. but don't bring stuff like they're christians into it. that alone shouldn't diminish their music.

i'm done.

Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

"around the angelic voices of Sherri and Stacy DuPree, which intertwine in melancholy harmonies that grow more cloying as Room Noises passes"

what the heck does Cloying mean? Cloying - To cause distaste or disgust by supplying with too much of something originally pleasant, especially something rich or sweet; surfeit.

i thought that was a complimentry part of the review. its half praise, half bashing, as i just found out. reviewer using big words...

Crying or Very sad

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

There's not really anything to add to this thread; this really is one of the most poorly written reviews I've ever read, regardless of my own mixed feelings about the album. Pathetic...
lloydobler
Lost at Forum

who wants to start a band called christian hoard?
any takers?
Joined: 09 Feb 2005 | Posts: 1275 | Location: Greenville, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vmiprestrain
Sea Post King

rolling stone really is a joke. It makes me mad how incredibly lame it is. especially their lists of top 100 guitarists, bands etc.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 434 | Location: Bridgewater, VA
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

lloydobler wrote:
who wants to start a band called christian hoard?
any takers?

LMAO Laughing

I'm not sure why everyone gets so wound up at every bad review the band gets.As stupid and pathetic as we think their opinions may be they are in fact just that...opinions.Not everyone is going to like eisley,not everyone is going to appreciate the things that we see in the band.We should just learn to live with it and continue to share eisleys music with people who do appreciate it.

Rolling stone may sell X million amount of copies but there is NO stronger way of advertising as word of mouth so as long as we keep telling friends/going to eisley shows/buying merch and wearing it around town there will be much more people seeing what we see in the band than there will be agreeing with rolling stone magazine.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>