Laughing City
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
No offence intended but I can't listen to the new telescope eyes,It sounds like a bad dance remix or something.I love the song itself,in fact it was the first eisley song I ever heard but I don't like this version...not at all.

sorry Crying or Very sad

it's ok, paul, we all know you're only here because you mistaked this place for the muse forum anyway. Wink

the only song that i'm not sure is better is memories. see the thread i made... which i'm pretty sure inspired this one.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

I'm all about the new stuff.

It's kinda been like watching my kid's grow up. Things change, and it's cool Smile

Of course I still cherish the old, (like looking back at pictures when they were younger), but don't regret that they have grown, changed, and matured.
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

I love it when Kim puts everything into perspective for us.

JD

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

I feel kinda bad now,like im trashing eisley when thats the furthest thing from the truth.It's rare for me to love every piece of material a band makes,muse is probably my one exception.I love eisley and their songs,I just don't like this one version.
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
I'm all about the new stuff.

It's kinda been like watching my kid's grow up. Things change, and it's cool Smile

Of course I still cherish the old, (like looking back at pictures when they were younger), but don't regret that they have grown, changed, and matured.

awww *sniff* i've been watching them grow in retrospect, not the same, but as a historian it works pretty well, it's awesome, they have grown a lot, a lot a lot, physically, and maturity wise. Their music has definately evolved, it's so awesome to see that progression. It sucks when you see bands NOT change over time, just stay stagnant and churn out the same stuff...

so yeah...post some more embarassing childhood pictures? Very Happy

RicardoIncognito
Sea Post King

i like all the new versions of the songs better except for marvelous things, while the room noises version is not bad, i highly prefer the EP version. I equally enjoy both versions of i wasn't prepared.

...life should sparkle and rush, burn with fire hot like melting steel, like freeze-burn from a comet.
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

I still like the EP version of "Telescope Eyes" better. Fits the lyrics better, captures the emotion.

For the rest, Room Noises version; sounds grander and more defined in all cases.
cactus hands
Sea Post King

yeah i like memories on the rn too.
i like all the ep versions and i love the moss version of telescope eyes.. but i lke the new ones a lot too.
put it this way.
im glad i was exposed to all of them..
cause they are all fantastic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sendoutSOScalls
Laughing Citizen

i still prefer the old marvy things, its more fragile and whimsical....it also has more of a feeling of secresy or darkness behind it.

and memories, i like the other version a little better and im not sure why.

i love all versions though!

http://www.last.fm/user/Untitled_9/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86438423@N00/
Joined: 13 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1749 | Location: In the courtyard waiting on the breeze to float after me
Marloes
Sea Post King

I definately still prefer the old telescope eyes, further I love room noises!

What's the use, but ok Xanga
Joined: 16 Aug 2004 | Posts: 183 | Location: the Netherlands
boone
Vintage Newbie

The Room Noises version of "Telescope Eyes" blows the Laughing City EP version out of the water. The EP2 one was the best version, but it's hard to keep an Eisley song down. They're just too good.

The rest of the old songs are better now. Am I the only one that thinks "Marvelous Things" sounds even creepier on the album?

But I still miss "Over the Mountains." How I miss it.

brady swan
Sea Post King

Last edited by brady swan on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

brady swan wrote:
I miss the Laughing City songs. Over the Mountains is me favorite. I still kinda like the stripped down eisley songs better. sorry everyone.

You can't get much more stripped down than what's on Room Noises. Save for like Golly Sandra or something. Better equipment, higher quality control, stuff like that. But otherwise, it's fairly bare.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ImmoralImmortal
Golly, Poster

My favorite songs from the ep aren't on the new one.
I liked Laughing City and Tree Tops best from the ep.
From Marvelous Things Marvelous THings was my favorite and the new Marvelous THings is growning on me.
I like the ahs, of the ep version better though.
They just sound more...smooth.
Telescope Eyes I really like it better in the original version, and the second version I like too, but the third version is too fast for me.
It would have been better if they made it just better sounding version of the first one.
Everyone has different opinions bout the TE thing
lol
They should remake the songs from EP1 and EP2 and call it EP 3...(how uncreative)
hahaha
yeah
I just can't help loving Head Against the Sky, it is just so....different, and strong, and I just liek it a lot, I wanted to hear it live an the Troubadour, they should remake it.
I DEMAND THAT THEY DO!
I mean...er...... Embarassed
::runs::

~ Ramón ~
Joined: 05 Apr 2004 | Posts: 508 | Location: Carson, California
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

ImmoralImmortal wrote:
From Marvelous Things Marvelous THings was my favorite and the new Marvelous THings is growning on me.

I believe it is spelled "groaning".

JD