Laughing City

dimbox, firebox, lunchbox, porcelina, residual, ropeswing, saint salvation, like sand, black saturn, saint icarus, cosmosis, saint saturn, faded, fading spaces, screaming saints, the gestures, saint sputnik, the substitutes, jump roap, placid, the plaintifs, Question Question Question Question Question Question
 |  | 
WeAreTheEggmen
Sea Post King

i honestly think that thet best band name for the band will not be something that people vote on... it will JUMP OUT at them, and hit them-- they will know in an instant that it fits for them--they'll just feel it.
Joined: 21 Dec 2002 | Posts: 116 | Location: lawrence, kansas | dallas, texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
letdowntourist
Lost at Forum

how about the relentless weeds?

Shocked sorry.

to what i did and said

piccysssssss

Hey, they've been asking......... as long as they do, we'll keep on giving! How cool will YOU BE when they choose a name you came up with and then they go on to be huge????!!!!!!!!!
 |  | 
DanielsonFan
Sea Post King

ya'lls name should be marry me sherri, oh wait thats the name of my band
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bartman
Golly, Poster

Prancing Pony (name of the pub from Lord of the Rings) J.R.R. Tolkien's stuff is all in the public domain now right? No copyrights or registerd trademarks to worry about.
spheric1
Sea Post King

Well I've been trying to work on an idea using words begining with M and E or F. Here's some that I came up with:
Mostly Family
May First
Mauve Forest
Main Event
My Friends
Moving Forward
Flood
Manor Free

I'd suggest mixing and matching...some more M words:
Meridian, Mile, Maximum, Marathon

more E/F words:
End, Extra, Earth, Experience, Evening, Friends, Forever, Enter, Exit, Electronic, Express, Excitement, Eternal, Everybody/one

Other ideas: flip through a dictionary, go to the library and check out books, etc.

"Whoso knoweth himself well, is lowly in his own sight and
delighteth not in the praises of men." Thomas A' Kempis
Ubernerd Moderator

i feel all weird for not contributing to this one much, but it seems to me like the best idea would come from the heart of the duprees (and wilson) themselves. maybe i'm wrong. i've just read some of these that just don't fit. i'm crazy, i'm sure of it. Shocked anyway. you guys are so cool to come up with all these. yeah. like i said, i feel dumb and stuff for not having anything to contribute. sorry.
gRegor
the gEek

Eh, I wouldn't feel dumb about it kris. Most, if not all, of my ideas have just been humorous ones, haven't really made any serious suggestions (at least as far as I can recall). Heh heh.

Either way though, I'll still be sad when they announce the new name. I mean, I'll love them, their music, and I'm sure eventually their new name. But the name Moss Eisley is just too stinkin' cool!!

Blast you, George Lucas' lawyers.

jbudzz
Sea Post King

I mean has George Lucas heard the ep? i am sure he would surely not care about your band name once he hears some tunes. You'd probably even get a cameo in episode 3. And even John Williams might borrow some moss melodies for the movie score.

I am sure the Coldplay guys have some creative bandnames, since they have a skyrocket level of creativity....and the fact that they are british.
Gilligan
Sea Post King

Has anyone tried to conatct George Lucas? I mean, there are quite a few bands out there who have used names from movies and tv (Nerf Herder, Foo Fighters, etc). It might be worth trying if it just means sending an e-mail or something, right? Save the hassle of re-building under a new name. Just a thought.
vanityfair
Sea Post King

so i was thinking....what does mosseisley represent?
i think you tend to be obsessed with sleep, nighttime, and winter...and yet you are a religious band without being religious...you love God, you love music...its intertwined..
how about VIASOMNIA?

in greek it can be loosely translated as the way to sleep or the road to dreaming....

how about just dupree. dupree is a lovely last name. i mean nothing beats the name radiohead or coldplay or mosseisley or the beatles or bjork or polyphonicspree------i kind of created the name in the same way in which polyphonicspree created theirs. what's in a name anyways. i know plenty of people with awesome names that aren't cool. i also know a few bob's that rock hard. it just seems to me that it has to be something ecclectic and fabulous.
how about the "eisley dreamers" or the "eisley trees" because moss kind of reminds me of trees and eisley is smooth against the tongue. and old george can get over it. will he sue everyone using the name star or wars? maybe. goodluck mossers. I vote VIASOMNIA or how bout the midlakets. i'm sure they wouldn't sue.

dpwrchix

Midlakettes, haha that's great!
I'm sure they'll go with that.

(again i forgot to sign in first so i used a another form of my screen name!)
 |  | 
OrangeCreamsicleClouds
Sea Post King

my goodness.... 8 pages of names!!! ahem... okay... anyway... indeed... so far, out of what has been suggested, I like....
Pocketbulb
Morgenblume
Moc Fernia (gotta love it! straight from the heart of the band!)
Rigby Forest
Junestarr

one thing tho, the concept of calling it DuPree is just silly.. has anyone forgotten that there is a rather lovely member who is not a DuPree? if you have, shame on you, and you should get a spanking.

ahem, now, i am a moron, so i have no good ideas at all, but here are a few dumb ones that at least dont make me cry when i think of submitting them... by the way, when does the name have to be picked? umm, yeah, someone punch me if these are all crap...

Mime Glass
Chaos of the Moon
47 Lightbulbs (okay, I was desperate to use lightbulbs!) Laughing
Pocket Glass
August Dust (that one doesnt really roll of the tongue at all...)
42 Drops of Freesia (haha, a little feminine... sorry guys)
Revels (as in a mascarade)
Taming the Forest (ugh, that one might be pushing it a little far.. i dunno)
Woodland Folk (or anything with woodland really, it's a great word)
Teatime (for Nate.. umm, yeah, not in the band, just my brother whom MossE loves)
Dazed Spring/Dazed Spring Approaches

and the killer.... (jk)
Overprocessed American Pellets
(ahem)

okay, i cant think of any more... but yeah, I like the concept of moving away from Moss or Eisley (even though I adore the name with all my little heart!) because this whole new part of the Moss team's musical life is a beginning of something really really exciting, and just because the name is changing, doesnt mean that anything about the music or the band is, and even if it does, heck! they are so darn amazing that I dont care if they change everything, cause I know that whatever they do, it will be just as amazing, if not more, than it already is, so yeah, everyone, stop worrying, cause we all love them, and this is just a step further for them, a step that God is giving them, and that is so incredibly exciting.. alrighty, I'm shutting up now. Good luck! God bless!

p.s. can we maybe know what some of the names you guys are considering are?

p.p.s. hey... someday copies of MossEisley EPs will be worth a lot eh? Very Happy

boyd I guest

The Coming Announcement
Uhhh...we might be close. but first: wow...8 pages of loving, caring, nurturing....time taking.... painstaking.... creative energy. It's been great having this massive extended family to help raise the new barn. (oh wow. i said that)

Just to add a slice of life to the unfolding story: Just today I came home from work at lunch to see 4 beautiful heads popping out of Sherri's upstairs bedroom window at me...a fitting visage I beheld - peeping like Rapunsel's from the 30's English Tutor (castle): "dad, we think we have a new name!".... I only wish I'd had a camera. It was a moment. "Alright!!...what is it?"

Well, I'm sure we'll get to that part...but for now, they're just brooding over it a bit and will probably call Dave and Michael both just to make sure they buy in and there's no unforseen problems. Unless everyone is crazy or brain numbed, it's perfect...a very simple, accessible, memorable, one word name - unique to the band (feels like, works as a concept) a near perfect solution. Sure everyone will have to get over the attachment to Moss, but...that's just part of it.

When it's final, we'll make a bold announcement and maybe toss up a font with the new name. (or not) This post is to thank everyone for working so hard. Dang there are some amazing band names on this site now. Good food for new bands. Stay tuned.
 |  | 

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>