Laughing City
Street_Armstr0ng
Sea Post King

I only had one other post here, which was in reference to me being the only 6'9" black guy at the Coldplay show in 2003 that was cheering for an encore from Eisley (oh, and I'm straight too...imagine that! Very Happy).

Anyway, after checking the stores pretty much every month for the past year or so for Eisley music, I quit checking around January. Then I found out yesterday through Metacritic.com that their album had dropped in February, so I rushed out and bought it.

I gotta say that after hearing their live show, and their songs that I downloaded (shh), their better known songs like "Marvelous Things" and "I Wasn't Prepared" have a lot of subtle and not-so-subtle differences on Room Noises. Not better or worse, just different. Telescope Eyes almost sounded like a totally new song (which I liked). I've only listened through it once, but I really enjoy it.

Plus, it's really an interesting contrast after I just got finished listening to the new 50 Cent and Roots albums.

Street_Armstr0ng: Yeah. I do like Linkin Park's new album "I Hate You Dad! I Hate You Dad!" With that smash hit "Nobody Understands Me Because I'm 14!" and their sleeper hit, "Everybody Leave Me Alone, But Everybody Listen To Me!"

I also can't wait for the video for "Don't Ignore Me! Hey You! Yeah! You Over There! Don't Ignore Me, Okay? No, Not YOU. HIM! The Guy In The Red Hat! BILL JOHNSON From 6th Period Study Hall! Don't Ignore Me!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

here's the story:
i intended to get Room Noises the day it came out. so i trekked off to best buy...no such luck, they no longer carry Eisley or somethig ignorant like that. wal mart doesn't have it. target doesn't have it. my computer has a virus that prevents me from going online. i was so sad.
so, finally, last week, i got online on my new computer and ordered Room Noises from amazon.
i got it, and it was love and first sight. it's just the prettiest record ever made, and i love Just Like We Do, and now i can tell Sherri and Stacy's voices apart, and i'm just happy about it all.

the end.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
Street_Armstr0ng
Sea Post King

I gotta say that it's pretty good. It's not the prettiest album ever, but it is pretty. It's not the best rock album I've heard, but it is very good. This is one of those rare occasions that I'm proud to say that I'm a fan of this young band......much different from when I tried to explain why my copy of Hanson's "Middle of Nowhere" was always in my car's CD player. Man...I even got my arse kicked by 4th graders for that. And I was 18 at the time.
Street_Armstr0ng: Yeah. I do like Linkin Park's new album "I Hate You Dad! I Hate You Dad!" With that smash hit "Nobody Understands Me Because I'm 14!" and their sleeper hit, "Everybody Leave Me Alone, But Everybody Listen To Me!"

I also can't wait for the video for "Don't Ignore Me! Hey You! Yeah! You Over There! Don't Ignore Me, Okay? No, Not YOU. HIM! The Guy In The Red Hat! BILL JOHNSON From 6th Period Study Hall! Don't Ignore Me!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kristina7
Sea Post King

I found out about the cd at the end of January, ordered it right away on Amazon, and expected to recieve it by the 14 of Feb. When it didn't arive on time I went to four local stoes to look for it and it wasen't there.... and then two weeks ago I recieved the copy I ordered online.... it came two weeks late!! drove me nuts!
haileyisonfire
Sea Post King

WELL, I waited for like a hundred years because I live in good old Canada where everything happens late. And when the Canadian release date finally came, none of my nearby stores had it. So I ordered it online, and in came in TODAY and I am so thrilled. I've been listening to it nonstop and I'm just so excited. It's a great record.
Suupersunny
Sea Post King

I can't believe i hadn't herad of them bfore two days ago!!! They rock!! I love them, and I'm seeing them again in two weeks I hope!
esperanza
Sea Post King

i think room noises is pretty darn swell. best cd i've ever heard? well, no. (sorry.) but it's lovely and eerie and i think it's the kind of cd that gets better with each listen. my friend bought it too... he wasn't too impressed at first, but then he listened to it again and started liking it better.

i like brightly wound, just like we do (what can i say, i'm *a sucker for anything acoustic*), and trolley wood the best... for now. (who knows what will be my favorite tomorrow?)

aiight... for real for real.

this forum keeps presenting itself as a good procrastinating tool, and that's dangerous! eek!

emilyrebecca.easyjournal.com
kaiseiken
Sea Post King

So after seeing them open for NFG in Atlanta, I decided to go check out this band because they didn't really sound like anything that I had heard before. I really wanted to meet them afterwards but my friends were not too impressed with them and they convinced me to leave.

So, in short, Eisley really kicks out some quality music, but the album is too short! No one said this whole music business was easy; they need to give more love to the studio. Plus, they have a plethora of unreleased songs that I feel should have made it onto this album.

Anyways, I'm just complaining; this album is awesome.
TheLuckless
Sea Post King

This is my story. I found another song on a website called telescopic eyeballs(I know) by some drunk moron. Anywasya I downloaded it and it was stupid but fnny so I asked a friend if he had heard it. He asked if it was by Eisley and I(And to think I have lived in Tyler all my life and not heard of them!) was like what who are they. So he was talking about how they were from Tyler and his brother used to listen to them in cofee shops and what not so I(Don't tell anyone) I "Found" the EP2 songs on a website and downloaded them. Horrible quality, they sounded like they were form a cassette. I listened to them and listened to them and listened to them! I love them! SO I bought ROom Noises and I have been listening to that over and over for the last week! I must say though that the EP2 version of Telescope Eyes is alot better than the one on Rooom Noises! But I love Eisley now! I love it!
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

the band owns all of the pre Laughing City recordings and they can be shared freely. before they made the new site (to coincide with Room Noises' release) they had the mp3's to download there free of charge.

what is this telescopic eyeballs?

Misery is a butterfly
Sea Post King

Best damn album EVER!
gerry
Sea Post King

Well i got the album eventually,I had to go 100 miles to get it, but still.
Anyway I think it is a rather beautiful thing altogether, and it presently
sits at number one on my favourite records of 2005 list Very Happy
kajqrd
Golly, Poster

After waiting for what seemed like forever I finally got Room Noises today. I have been listening to crappy streamings of the album and watching the videos for about a month and to finally have the album is great. It is everything I expected and more (music is what I expected since I have heard it all in streams. Artwork is way too cool). Best three songs: Memories, I Wasn't Prepared, and Marvelous Things. Worst 3 songs: Lost At Sea, One Day I Slowly Floated Away and My Lovely... I guess I feel quite the same way about the album as I do with U2's Achtung Baby: Every single song (with one possible exception on Achtung Baby) is a real beauty. Some I find better than others but a week from now the Best 3 and worst 3 might have switched place. Really a great album where it's very hard to point out something negative.... Perhaps a bit on the short side though...
Joined: 19 Feb 2005 | Posts: 743 | Location: Herning, Denmark
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

yeh i thought Lost at Sea was pants, too... but trust me, it's a grower. I'm luvin' it now.

Before I finally recieved Marvelous Things and Laughing City EPs and Room Noises through Amazon i had to make do with my own little recorded CD with loads of live tracks. i've still got it. but it aint a proper CD so it goes along with the other mixes in my collection. It's the most listened to mix i have at the mo.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
.dj
Sea Post King

I love this album and the 2 EP's as well from the music right down to the artwork. It's kind of dreamy in an innocent kind of way. - if that makes any sense anyway - I had to get my copies shipped halfway around the world but it was worth it. The only dissapointing thing is my room noises doesn't have the 13th bonus track remix of lost at sea ... so I might have to buy another one. Very Happy