hey.....figured i would put this up in an effort to tickle somebody's fancy:

Marvelous Things

Brightly Wound

Plenty Of Paper

I Wasn't Prepared

Golly Sandra

Telescope Eyes

Memories

yep......and uh...so this is my first post (and i didn't post on that "newbie" thread or whatever cuz i don't want to) (whatever that's worth) and Baltimore wuz the first time i ever saw and/or basically ever heard anything from Eisley except for seeing the "Telescope Eyes" video a couple weeks ago on MTV2....and they were seriously probably the best band i have ever seen play live....they were just amazing..i wuz standing right up front on the far left right in front of Chauntelle (who is one of the most BEAUFTIFUL girls i have ever seen) and from the very beginning, when Stacey sing's the second line in "Marvelous Things"....that "ah ah ah ah..."...it drew me in and i wuz theirs for the entire thing.....i seriously had that line in my head through watching all 3 bands.....so i bought their CD when the show wuz over and it's an awesome album.....i'm not sure which my favorites are but i can say that "Marvelous Things" would definitely be one without a doubt...and uh, back to the show...i just wanted to say this....Eisley wuz awesome....Reggie wuz awesome (which is kinda the reason i went to the show).....but NFG wuz like.....eh......i dunno, i didn't think they were all that tight and they sounded kind of ~*lovely*~...and this really gets to me.....like, the NFG crowd wuz actin' like a bunch of nuts and i'm thinkin' like, did somebody forget to tell the people that the band playing wuz New Found Glory?....i dunno...i really think it's lame....i mean, i'm a fan of NFG, and i have their CD's and like them a lot (well, i don't have their newest but anyways)...yeah, it's just like, it's not some hardcore all-out show (i'm bad with band examples like this) but i think u guys will understand what i mean......so...whatever, wanted to get that off my chest........oh, and when Sherri sang on NFG's "I Don't Wanna Know" (which apparently from what i read on some threads, the Baltimore show wuz the first time she did that) i thought it wuz kind of nice i guess but i don't think it really fit......like, Sherri has a beautfiul voice, and she enjoyed it, and that's cool, and she sounded good....but eh.....like, she only sang the chorus or whatever when it says somethin' like "first comes heavy breathing..."........well......ok, guess i'm done now.....i also kind of put the setlist up cuz from what i gathered from the other threads, they don't normally play "Brightly Wound".....i dunno....not really sure...just seemed that way......and plus, on the setlist, the 2nd song is listed as "My Lovely" but then Chauntelle has it crossed out and wrote in Brightly Wound....so yeah......well......nice posting i guess...haha.....people seem cool on this whole site thing.........later people

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Welcome!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

thanks

you're right, brightly wound is not that common, it seems that that second song on the list alternates.
My Lovely, Escaping Song, Brightly Wound, Head Against the Sky

the rest stay the same

Silvestre
Golly, Poster

welcome...nice rant...but please write it better than that later...i almost didn't read it at all Very Happy
Vintage Newbie

Ugh...I wish they would have put the escaping song as an alternate for the Myrtle Beach show.... Sad
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Hey,
Welcome to Laughing City. You will find every type of person on here.
From English majors, to us more common grammer screw ups!

Anyway, I'm Kim, (4/5ths of Eisley's mom). I enjoyed hearing how you felt at the show and I'm glad you have found Eisley.

I hope you stick around, people will get used to you after a while Wink
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Welcome. Smile I was at that show, good time, huh?

And yes, I'm from Texas, but I was visiting so I went to that show. Laughing Anyway ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
yike517
Sea Post King

The Ottobar show was amazing I had a kick ass time and I hope that Eisley remains as down to earth as they were when I saw them.... the beautiful faces and voices sucked me in and I am proud to be a fan.........
vmiprestrain
Sea Post King

yes, it was a gooood show.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 434 | Location: Bridgewater, VA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ihadanepiphany
Sea Post King

I also extend a hearty welcome. I met Boyd once and he really is a great family man. And this forum is a family. So welcome new sibling.
leap
Sea Post King

I asked Sherri why they played Brightly Wound instead of My Lovely and she said it was a request from NFG.

I cut the moon in half
And stuck a piece to my hair
It made the back of my head glow golden yellow
Joined: 26 Mar 2005 | Posts: 40 | Location: Ellicott City, MD
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

Kimbrtones wrote:
to us more common grammer screw ups!

LOL@ grammar*
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion