<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

welcome y'all!

Very Happy
undun
Sea Post King

Hey all! I'm Chris. I used to live in Dallas, and now I work at a club in Cincinnati area. I was stoked to see that Eisley would be playing at my club tonite! I'm going to miss most of their show (due to work), but hope to catch some of it. Gonna show up early tonite to see if I can't catch some of the soundcheck. I'll be getting off right about 8:30 (they're scheduled to start 7 - 7:15ish). Good times, and glad to see a Dallas familiar band in Cincy!
SebastianValmont
Sea Post King

My name is Preston and I'm originally from Grand Rapids, Michigan (big shout out to the Great Lakes' state!)--I currently live in Ann Arbor (MI) for school.

In my younger years (like...16) I, too, was a rockstar--not so much in a literal way, but definitely in fantasy. Now that I'm the ripe old age of 21, I'm just a huge groupie.

I first encountered Eisley on the Snow Patrol tour, and have thought them revolutionary ever since. And they are pure aural bliss. Magnificent. Marvelous. In the words of Dave Chapelle as Morgan Freeman as the President of the United States of America: "Splendiferous!"

Or In the words of Will Ferrel as James Lipton from The Actors Studio: "Words cannot explain your wonder--so I shall make one up: Scrumtrulescent. You are scrumptrulescent!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
nfgluver1423
Sea Post King

Retrovertigo lol ya I am the one who played guitar with NFG. how'd you know that?
alma
Sea Post King

Hello my name is Alma. ive been an eisley fan since before they became quite famous (which was a while ago). i turn 17 in a couple more moths. I love eisley and their lyrics and their music.
Joined: 11 Apr 2005 | Posts: 5 | Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Igaveflowerstostacy
Golly, Poster

My name is John Michael, I live in Franklin Tennessee, been an Eisley fan since 2002. Living in nashville I wasn't able to see Eisley live 'till march 16th.
I proposed to Stacy Dupree when she came to nashville and I gave her flowers... yes I know, I rock.
0jm

"I was on tour in the United States back in '89 and we did a show in Cincinnati. During that show I shouted out, 'It's great to be in Cincinnati!' That was a lie."
-David Bowie
Joined: 17 Mar 2005 | Posts: 649 | Location: Gotham City, Tennessee
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

nfgluver1423 wrote:
Retrovertigo lol ya I am the one who played guitar with NFG. how'd you know that?

Hahaha, I've read like, every show review involving Eisley in existence, and I believe it was your sn I recognized. Congratulations, by the way, that must be so cool to play live onstage with a band you love Smile.

Neo_Vincent
Sea Post King

Hi. I'm Vincent 20, from Baltimore.

I saw Eisley on MTV's "You Hear It First" program a couple of years ago, and earlier than that, read about them in CMJ Magazine.

A couple of months ago, I saw their video for "Marvelous Things", which was so good and slightly left-of-center that if "American Beauty" was a teen movie, "Things" should have been the trailer.

I picked up "Room Noises" in March. And I like it alot. Smile

(I meant to see you guys when you came to the Ottobar, but it was sold out Crying or Very sad So, please tell me you guys are coming again, because if you do, I will show up and buy everyone boas. The feathery kind.) ^_^

MrDave
Sea Post King

Yeeeeeahh party people.

I'm David Francis Seton, i was born on 3rd February 1985 at approximately 1:15am at St Albans City Hospital. I have since grown up to be a very small person with an appearance that defies my 20 years.

I first heard Eisley when my friend Guy "Johno" Johnson showed me the Marvelous Things video at university about 3 months ago. I then proceeded to listen to the band on a daily basis by streaming songs over the university network from his iTunes to mine. Ever since i have tried in vain to find a copy of Room Noises but one has not yet been forthcoming. Therefore i have not listened to Eisley for the 3 and a half weeks that i have been on Easter holiday. Guy is moving to a different university to learn how to make computer games at the end of this year so i will have to buy the CD soon.

I play the drums in a band called Dexters Fish. We're rather amateurish but perhaps you'd like to listen. If you would, you can hear some music at www.purevolume.com/dextersfish I also play in another band called Flatline but you can't listen to us because we're not technologically savvy enough to have music on the interweb.

My favourite colour is blue and my favourite character from Top Cat is Top Cat.
HobbitNobbit
Sea Post King

A poem:

How do.
I am new.

That is all for now Very Happy
Joined: 13 Apr 2005 | Posts: 4 | Location: Warrington, United Kingdom
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

MrDave wrote:
I have since grown up to be a very small person with an appearance that defies my 20 years.

I play the drums in a band called Dexters Fish.

its true you know.
but he's awesome.

and I'VE seen that band!
at least...twice... Laughing

i even have a sticker, right here in my room.
Futon_Revolutionist
Sea Post King

okay so yah.. im new to this forum but not to eisley..

Im from Califony and im getting married in OCt and moving to Seattle..

im a starving musician and i work at a job that i hate..

but what gets me through the day is music.. good music.. feel good music like Sigur Ros, Ida, Owen, Mirah, an angry mob with torches and of course Eisley..

im a sucker for female vocals..

anywho.. Rock on people..

foghorn908
Sea Post King

Hello,My name is Brian.I am new to the forum but I have been listening to Eisley I guess for about a year now.I am a very selctive music fan.If its a song that I cant stop listening to then it will become part of my vast music collection.
Joined: 14 Apr 2005 | Posts: 24 | Location: prattville,alabama
Last edited by foghorn908 on Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kid A
Sea Post King

Guess I'm the newest of newbies to this forum. There's always going to be one eh? Let's see...I'm from Cali...heard of Eisley a while ago actually...and have just been addicted to Room Noises since release.

Ironically, I work for WB, not in music division but home video. So i'm linked to the band sorta...but not really. Wink

That's all for now. Cheers to more good music!

TK

-DM
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Howdy, everyone. Smile Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about being new or anything, just jump right in. We're good people for the most part, so it's always nice to have an intelligent (or at least fun) new voice pop in.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>