Laughing City
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

^^^ Gotta agree with Admiral here. I think the people making the Shocked comments were young ones with only pennies in pockets. Please don't be sad over it Kim. SadSadSadSadSad
Squirly
Vintage Newbie

my brothers a janitor.. good work there.
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 | Posts: 5464 | Location: Galt, California
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
maladroit_me
Lost at Forum

i agree with admiral79 and jamiga, i'm sorry you feel so flustered there kim. hope you feel better.
Joined: 09 Apr 2005 | Posts: 1299 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama
springriver
Sea Post King

Hi all. I am kind of a new member..well not really because I'm a long-time lurker but never got around to making an account (I know...horrible) until now.

Anyways...to all who is about to read the rest of my post, please do not take it into any offense. It is just my opinions and in no way am I writing this to deliberately hurt any of the Eisley members, the fans, the DuPrees, and especially Kim’s feelings.

Edit: This post edited by Kim D. and taken to a pm status.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Squirly wrote:
Quote:
my brothers a janitor.. good work there.

Janitor work is good work. As a matter of fact, I have the utmost respect for people that do janitor work. My dearest neighbor, and close friend does this job, and it is extremely, physically cruelling.
(When they city trash collectors come by to pick up our trash, we run popcicles out to them). I have sympathy, and respect for people that do these types of jobs. It is one of the hardest physical jobs to do on many fronts.

THAT IS WHY IT WAS BAD FOR ME. For those of you who do not know, I had heart surgery last year, and when I did the janitor work recently, it caused severe swelling in my ankles, and other physical symptoms that they still don't know what it is.
This past week, I had to go back in for another stress test, because the doctor thinks there are still problems with my heart. My comments were not meant to say that janitor work was below me.
NO ONE HERE has ANY idea of the personal sacrifices I have made, or the hard jobs, or projects that I have taken on to help bring Eisley's music to the world. I don't expect sympathy, or expect anyone to appreciate this fact. I DO WHAT I DO BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN THEIR MUSIC.

There is a double edged sword on this board. People want to know us, want to feel like they really know us personally, but there are some that are quick to judge us, when really they have misunderstood us, and don't know us at all.
(not you Squirly)
After the last few days of people misunderstanding and misjudging me, I have decided to slip more into the background.
Sorry if my open book life, and comments have offended anyone here.
I have always been a complete open book. I feel like people are just people and we can all learn from each other's experiences in life, but apparently, there are some here that don't feel that way and have taken things personally, and become offended by me. For that, I feel sad, and extend my sincerest apologies.
So, another page turns, and our lives become more private.
All the best to all of you.
You all are loved much by us DuPree's.
kd Smile
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Aw, not you too! Sad

I guess one or two people will take things the wrong way, but that's just one or two people. The increased population hasn't helped much around here, but we're dropping like flies. It's so sad. I'm still meeting and making new friends here, and there are new good posters popping up (along with people I might possibly wish would go away or grow up) but it's like everyone I came here and shared an incredible forum with is fleeing. How can we keep it up if we're all hiding?

Gah. Neutral

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AdrianA
Sea Post King

"You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie "

Well...i'm here even though i'm not awesome. Anyway, read your signature, and ok, what is the meaning of emo? I mean i heard it used quite alot by now, does emo mean pretending to be sad? Excuse my ignorance. Wink
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

AdrianA wrote:
"You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie "

Well...i'm here even though i'm not awesome. Anyway, read your signature, and ok, what is the meaning of emo? I mean i heard it used quite alot by now, does emo mean pretending to be sad? Excuse my ignorance. Wink

Emo - basically a type of punk...

These two links may help more:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo&r=f
http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=14994&highlight=emo +farm

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
AdrianA
Sea Post King

Thanks...so am i right if i say that Sherri is trying to emo in the telescope eyes video?
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Kimbrtones wrote:

After the last few days of people misunderstanding and misjudging me, I have decided to slip more into the background.
I have always been a complete open book. I feel like people are just people and we can all learn from each other's experiences in life, but apparently, there are some here that don't feel that way and have taken things personally, and become offended by me. For that, I feel sad, and extend my sincerest apologies.

I'm sorry you feel that way Kim, but remember who a lot of your audience is. A lot of people on this board are very young and aren't quite socially mature. They're going to post stupid things. But, you knew a time would come when you had to be more private. I encourage you and Boyd to continue to post on here though. I know your posting is a huge draw to most of the people on here and to new people that come everyday. I think the intimateness of this board is a main reason why Eisley has grown in popularity as fast as it has. I know I probably wouldn't have done a lot of the street team stuff if it was just something posted by a web guy. Its a different story when its someone like you telling me to go vote for Eisley in a contest. All I'm saying is don't be so private that we lose touch with the heart of Eisley on here. Keep the personal stuff private, but don't lock us away from the rest. Oh, and keep on putting stuff on eBay. Very Happy
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

No...Kim... Crying or Very sad

JD

livewirerach
Sea Post King

i just wanted to throw my two cents in and say that $150 is a DEAL for a very nice skate bag and artwork. as an artist myself, i know artwork is not cheap - you are lucky to find anything below $300 usually, and the pieces are reasonably priced. it is just flat-out what it's worth.

and kim, i think we all appreciate your posts a great deal and definitely admire you for what you've done (or something like that, it's still early for me =)). thank you for always posting and keep us updated, because it's not something that you have to do but it really quite nice.

-from someone who sweeps cigarette butts off of sidewalks for a venue...and enjoys it.

Antiarches
Sea Post King

ohhhhh... you all make me smile... i heart this forum

don't stop. believin. hold on to that special feelin.

whoo, i'm a nerd.

Joined: 10 Apr 2005 | Posts: 341 | Location: Tinley Park, IL
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

AdrianA wrote:
Thanks...so am i right if i say that Sherri is trying to emo in the telescope eyes video?

Not exactly. Emo is basically an adjective some people use for a style of music that tends to be highly "emotional" or "emotive." Think really sensitive set to hardcore rock toned down to various levels (some to the point of just being slow acoustic guitar, for example).

And Admiral tactfully said what's has needed saying. The forum audience has dropped drastically in age, and it shows through a lot of immaturity. This forum has gone from an average age of probably 18-20 to close to 16 in just about a year. There are still many really sharp, mature younger forumers, as there have always been, but the group is more average now. And some of those "average" people have been stirring up a lot of crap as of late. Not to be condescending to anyone. I know a boatload of 12-17 year olds who are more mature and awesome than a lot of people I know who are creeping toward their mid-20s. So, take it for what you will. I've been here almost two years, and that's how I see it.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
brian_nguyen
Sea Post King

Admiral79 wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way Kim, but remember who a lot of your audience is. A lot of people on this board are very young and aren't quite socially mature. They're going to post stupid things. But, you knew a time would come when you had to be more private. I encourage you and Boyd to continue to post on here though. I know your posting is a huge draw to most of the people on here and to new people that come everyday. I think the intimateness of this board is a main reason why Eisley has grown in popularity as fast as it has. I know I probably wouldn't have done a lot of the street team stuff if it was just something posted by a web guy. Its a different story when its someone like you telling me to go vote for Eisley in a contest. All I'm saying is don't be so private that we lose touch with the heart of Eisley on here. Keep the personal stuff private, but don't lock us away from the rest. Oh, and keep on putting stuff on eBay. Very Happy

Werd.
Kim feeding us with interesting info on Eisley is one of the reasons this forum is so enjoyable to read and post in.

You know, if you would like... we can always go find these little annoying kiddos and chase them with water balloons... Wink
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 472 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Last edited by brian_nguyen on Sat May 07, 2005 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>