Laughing City
Poops McGee
Sea Post King

Another good Eisley show! I can't wait for them to come back and headline, opening sets are far to short when it's Eisley playing them.

Boyd played drums on NFG's "I don't wanna know"! Has he done this at other shows? I knew Sherri had been singing with them but I was surprised to see him playing drums. Boyd, you rocked!

I was standing pretty close to the pirate guy, his outfit cracked me up. And someone had a plastic sword, I assume that was him? Funny stuff.

Somone post pics please, because I forgot my camera.

~Poops McGee
ptah
Sea Post King

Boyd played drums on NFG's "I don't wanna know"! Has he done this at other shows? I knew Sherri had been singing with them but I was surprised to see him playing drums. Boyd, you rocked!

~Poops McGee[/quote]

This was a first! Boyd drumming for NFG. They'd been asking him all tour, but he declined. He finally did it last night. That was a highlight of the evening. Sherri & Stacy singing and Boyd on drums...greatness. I took pics of Boyd, but in all the craziness of that I forgot to grab pics of Sherri & Stacy with NFG. They were on the far side of the stage from me anyway - couldn't have gotten a good shot.
Boyd needs to start recording his own stuff...I'd buy it.

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

nfgluver1423 wrote:
JBaker wrote:
It's personal preference. I'm just not a fan of whiny pop-punk.
The crowd was very supportive of Eisley tonight which I am very happy to report. Nobody seemed to be giving off any negative vibes like I've heard about at some other shows with the NFG fans. There were some pretty big ovations after every song. Of course, they do have the homecourt advantage.

i know its liek personal preference and stuff but you dont need to come on here and say you left because you think NFG sucks and stuff because there are a lot of people who know about eisley now because of NFG and I'm sure no one appreciates comments like that. if you dont like them just keep it to yourself.. you dont need to announce it to everyone.

sorry if this is a bit mean but its getting annoying...

EDITED: DUE TO RUDE AND UNNECESSARY COMMENTS
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

No one has to keep their opinions to themselves, but "whiney pop punk" is at least semi-insulting, and we could do without insults.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
em-tucky
Sea Post King

and if you don't like a band think of something more intelligent to say besides "they suck" I really hate when people just go around saying "so-and-so sucks" it doesn't give me any information as to why you don't like them so you look like a jerk using such 1st grade words.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Well in that case, they suck because they are whiny pop-punk. Razz
nfgluver1423
Sea Post King

wow umm could you just please stop talking about NFG and find something constructive to do....
pat kauchick
Sea Post King

There is an old saying"your friend is my friend" Eisley could not have better friends and support than they have had from NFG. With that in mind be at least civil toward NFG. The negative uninformed reactions from some Eisley fans to NFG's music might be a little hurtful to the Eislians because your are basically insulting family. NFG has treated Eisley like family. In my older age I guess I have a bit more of an open mind. I watched the NFG show and perhaps it could have been thier best ever but regardless I really liked it. As I said on another post it was exciting and the fan connection was great.So, if you care about Eisley maybe you could cease the negative comments about NFG.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

pat kauchick wrote:
There is an old saying"your friend is my friend" Eisley could not have better friends and support than they have had from NFG. With that in mind be at least civil toward NFG. The negative uninformed reactions from some Eisley fans to NFG's music might be a little hurtful to the Eislians because your are basically insulting family. NFG has treated Eisley like family. In my older age I guess I have a bit more of an open mind. I watched the NFG show and perhaps it could have been thier best ever but regardless I really liked it. As I said on another post it was exciting and the fan connection was great.So, if you care about Eisley maybe you could cease the negative comments about NFG.

indeed. no one likes to see/listen to people making negative comments about their friends. as Kim has said many times, the kids in Eisley DO read this board. i guess it's generally good to think about that when you are going to post something.
telescope_eisley
Golly, Poster

i noticed everyone talking about trying to find people from the Laughing City, maybe next time we should wear name tags that have our Laughing City Names.
that way we can all have a big ol' laughing city group! it'd be fun!
yea!

erinbeth84: forget pro-choice and pro-life. i'm going pro-duck.

Mr. Sean
Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 598 | Location: The Colony, Tx
darknightholdtight
Lost at Forum

Tyler Durden wrote:
I agree with Chad on all counts. They also played Golly Sandra, but not Plenty of Paper. He just likes that song too much. Wink

Funny story though, I was wearing my iPod Genius shirt (I work at the apple store) and was taking a look at the stuff at the merch table, when Beardo noticed my shirt and asked me about it. Eventually, he offered to trade an Eisley shirt for my shirt, but I politely declined since I already had one. Laughing

Also, the girls were as nice as ever when I talked to them after the Reggie set. Smile

dude i totally saw you last night lol.......i knwo this is totally random but i thought i would say it Razz
Joined: 15 May 2005 | Posts: 1470 | Location: Mansfield,Texas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
daniel t hall
Sea Post King

i came and then left as soon as i realized that slipknot wasnt playing.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

pat kauchick wrote:

Again, (assuming this post was directed at me) I never said anything about NFG other than that, IN MY OPINION, their music sucks. I made it perfectly clear that this was just my personal preference, and that not everyone has to feel this way. I have never interacted with any members of NFG (excluding James), but I don't doubt that they are great guys, and even agree that it's great for them to be taking Eisley on tour with them.

I don't care, you can have your opinion that NFG rocks, but I should be able to have my opinion that they don't. And the fact that the Eisley members read this message board isn't going to influence my opinion. My opinion expressed to one person is the same opinion I'll express to every person. I don't believe that I should censor myself based on the fact that friends of the band might read it. As I've said, Eisley put on a rocking show, and they're all really nice people. I'm sure NFG are too. I like one band, I don't like the other. The end.
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

telescope_eisley wrote:
i noticed everyone talking about trying to find people from the Laughing City, maybe next time we should wear name tags that have our Laughing City Names.
yea!

At the BBQ, I wanted everyone to swear t-shirts with our forum names on them. But someone *coughJDcough* didn't think it would be "cool". As if a bunch of forum geeks meeting for the first time in a park in East Texas isn't nerdy enough... Razz

But yes. I think It's a great idea.

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
telescope_eisley
Golly, Poster

The5thavocado wrote:
telescope_eisley wrote:
yea!

At the BBQ, I wanted everyone to swear t-shirts with our forum names on them. But someone *coughJDcough* didn't think it would be "cool". As if a bunch of forum geeks meeting for the first time in a park in East Texas isn't nerdy enough... Razz

But yes. I think It's a great idea.

true enough, and thank you. its not any worse than a bunch of star wars fans going to the midnight showing dressed up in costume...hmm, really its alot less worse...but im sure if we had the chance we would...im rambling now...

erinbeth84: forget pro-choice and pro-life. i'm going pro-duck.

Mr. Sean
Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 598 | Location: The Colony, Tx

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>