mtv2....twice. im slow.
 |  | 
Brady
Sea Post King

Relevant magazine...
Joined: 26 Aug 2003 | Posts: 193 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN
jvy
Sea Post King

I was checking out ateaseweb.com and ran across a post for this band. Eisley's wonderful melodies haven't left my player since... currently in love with the lilt of "winter song" and the imagery of "marvelous things"; as I'm sure the rest of you are. (Yet i'll continue to preach to the choir).
Last edited by jvy on Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

I first watched Moss Eisley a while ago at the Curtain Club in Dallas.
I was totally in awe of what i'd heard. My jaw was on the floor for most of their set. I saw Sherri after the show, standing by the merch table, so I tenatively approached her, half afraid i would be ignored by such a "rock star", only to find her extremely nice and talkative, she sold me a CD, asked me what i liked about their show, and also invited me to watch them again the next night, where they were playing in Denton, TX (about an hour from Dallas). So i made the short trip, got there early, found Sherri, who promptly introduced me to the rest of the band and Boyd, and the rest is history. Many months and shows and visits later, i am honored to call them friends Smile Eisley are SO not "big rock stars", they are humble and cool and i laugh now at how i was so afraid to approach them that first night! I love all of you, Eisley and families!!
tmdrums17
Sea Post King

Red Rawks in June

Quote:
being stereotypical i thought they were a girl band and i was just not ready for eisley to hit me yet....I didnt really listen to it with great detail so I was just kinda like whatever

I felt that way for about 2.3 seconds.

Then they started playing Shocked

ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

tmdrums17 wrote:
Quote:

being stereotypical i thought they were a girl band and i was just not ready for eisley to hit me yet....I didnt really listen to it with great detail so I was just kinda like whatever

I felt that way for about 2.3 seconds.

Then they started playing

seriously.
johnnyactionfinger
Sea Post King

mostly from your MOM! OHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *slaps hands with sasquatch*
drumstik
Sea Post King

I wanted to go see Brand New in philly but it was sold out! I saw Eisley's name on the bill and it stood out to me so I came here to check them out. Later that day I also saw the you hear it first thing. Fast forward a week and I bought Laughing City and Marvelous Things on i-tunes. Haven't stopped listening to them since. Also found laughing city on CD in media play on tuesday so I picked it up again. Horray for supporting good music and the music industry!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Who let johnnyactionfinger out of his cage?!?

jk! Laughing
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

i heard about Eisley through a cover article in the Dallas Observer. That article ( i think it was titled "The Force is With Them" ) should be required reading for all Eisley fans but I can't find it ANYWHERE in the Dallas Observer archives. I'm thinking of going over to the Observer office before the Dallas concert ( its like a half block away ) and asking for a copy to put on teh web.
Shain
Vintage Newbie

Scott showed me eisley I guess about a year ago, maybe a little more. And i liked them.

I didnt get into them until I guess it was february of this year.... I dunno.

Golly, Poster

i have to admit i was also skeptical. why is that? why were so many of us skeptical in the beginning?
Shain
Vintage Newbie

I wasnt sure if I could like music written by a 14 year old. That was before I realized the entire band was genius.
Golly, Poster

I saw them open up for Coldplay in Cleveland.

Joined: 26 Jul 2003 | Posts: 754 | Location: Good ole' Goshen, Oh-hi-Oh
MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

chasd00 wrote:
i heard about Eisley through a cover article in the Dallas Observer. That article ( i think it was titled "The Force is With Them" ) should be required reading for all Eisley fans but I can't find it ANYWHERE in the Dallas Observer archives. I'm thinking of going over to the Observer office before the Dallas concert ( its like a half block away ) and asking for a copy to put on teh web.

Heard about them through the same article, though I didn't get around to getting Laughing City until VERY late summer.

Flickr
Transvaal IV - Myspace : Virb
Deep Thoughts About Shallow Subjects
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX