Laughing City
chris flynn
Sea Post King

agreed... this band is signed to a major label, and that major label has a major investment.. let's not get this site in hot water... if I were a mod, I'd delete any mentions to bootleg sites.... me, I'll wait for the DVD...
Wels0n
Sea Post King

just stunning. i dont even know what say, i was right next to chauntelle and she said hello, that made my life
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Wels0n wrote:
just stunning. i dont even know what say, i was right next to chauntelle and she said hello, that made my life

aww. it's a nice feeling when someone does something that to them is no big deal but makes a huge difference in a crazy way to you.
boyd
Eisleyoid

a nice review indeed. thanks Chris. i feel it.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
chris flynn
Sea Post King

you're welcome Boyd... I'm really enjoying your writing style in the tour journals, BTW.. your writing is fluid and very in-the-moment.
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

YAYNESS for the great report!
person
Sea Post King

chris flynn wrote:
agreed... this band is signed to a major label, and that major label has a major investment..

and that has little or nothing to do with this really. ever heard of jason mraz? john mayer? howie day? DAVE MATTHEWS BAND? PHISH? GRATEFUL DEAD?....all allow and encourage taping. www.archive.org/audio you'll find about 200+ more big label bands there that do as well...and that's not even close to all of them

regardless, the link being taken down is fine. i won't repost it on here or anything. have a good day.
chris flynn
Sea Post King

person, I feel you are incorrect. it could be that we are just coming from a different perspective... Look, I don't trust big business any more than you do... they are about one thing... making money for investors.. THe music biz completley screwed me... I never got my mechanical royalties on our first record.. do I care ?.. .... hmmm.. I won't waste good brain time on it..... that is what managers are for, they friggin worry... me, I just want to write songs..

I will not under any circumstances, take good money from this band... this wonderful group of youngsters... and trust me... with child support to pay, I HAVE NO MORE MONEY than you.... I won't take free music from them, unless they provide it...

If they say--- ok to tape.. then I'm right there....

that means... anyone that is onboard with them... the record company... anyone....I will help them..... I want them to fullfull their mission... their music is that important... I believe ... it has helped me... it makes me feel.... you'll see ...... when you get to be my age, you look for music that reminds you of that first walk in the woods... that first sail on a lake.... that first kiss.... God... all that.....

free music is only free when the artist says that it is free. This band is out sweating and playing for us... on grueling tours... in a van.... missing their mother... missing home..... granted-- having a hell of a time-- because there isn't any high... like playing live.... nuttin...

well... enough blather

no one sounds like them... no one..... they are the real thing... completely original.....

by the way... I love Jason Mraz... great voice.. great songwriter. My daughters turned me on to him.... they are an extra 2 pairs of ears.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

person wrote:
ever heard of jason mraz? john mayer? howie day? DAVE MATTHEWS BAND? PHISH? GRATEFUL DEAD?....

Of note, all of those artists are well established. An off-day recording of them won't hurt at all. I'm sure the Troubador show was good, but Eisley has off nights too (even if they are often the fault of equipment/sound people), and if one of those floats around everywhere, it has the potential to be destructive.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chris flynn
Sea Post King

good point antrider...
shortie
Sea Post King

http://photobucket.com/albums/v218/lpshortie/eisley/

here's some pictures from the concert if you like to see them check them out! Very Happy enjoyy! Smile
person
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
person wrote:
ever heard of jason mraz? john mayer? howie day? DAVE MATTHEWS BAND? PHISH? GRATEFUL DEAD?....

Of note, all of those artists are well established. An off-day recording of them won't hurt at all. I'm sure the Troubador show was good, but Eisley has off nights too (even if they are often the fault of equipment/sound people), and if one of those floats around everywhere, it has the potential to be destructive.

established NOW and that is in part due to their allowing taping. they all grew huge grass roots fanbases from it. jason has spread his own stuff for free and let others tape him since he was living show to show playing coffee houses. this includes his official cds. he used to say he hated for $10 to be the difference in separating someone from silence and sound. ultimately some of those recordings and word got to some labels and they made offers. mayer was not known when he allowed taping in 99. mraz was not known when he allowed it in 2000. DMB was not well known when they allowed it while playing the same clubs every week in 93. i'm not trying to change anyones mind, i'm just stating that artists do not only allow taping because they are well off (believe me, eisley is much better off than mraz was back then) and being on a big label does not 100% dictate it either. Smile
chris flynn
Sea Post King

Person... Eisley well off? I wonder if Jason Mraz had the tour costs that this band has..

It takes about 1 1/2 years for your ASCAP or BMI royalty checks to roll in (song airplay $) .... and I'm willing to bet, that is the only money this band will see for a bit, other than merchandising $, which probably offsets the tremendous cost of touring. The record label will expect to recoup their investment, and it cost about $250,000 to break a new band, and that was back in the 1980s when my band released a record.. I can only imagine what it costs a label now.. maybe double that..

It's their call... you make good points... but they are under contract.. That contract could stipulate, and I'm just guessing here, that they are not to encourage or promote the illegal taping of shows..

Wels0n
Sea Post King

starnothing wrote:
Wels0n wrote:

aww. it's a nice feeling when someone does something that to them is no big deal but makes a huge difference in a crazy way to you.

haha. yeah it was a thrilling experience because i missed two of their shows previously, first at coachella ( i arrived late Evil or Very Mad ) and then i couldnt go to their shows with nfg(ew) because of AP's since im still in high school so yeah it definitely was a good time
Wels0n
Sea Post King

shortie wrote:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v218/lpshortie/eisley/

here's some pictures from the concert if you like to see them check them out! Very Happy enjoyy! Smile

sweet, thanks for posting. i probably stood next to you at the show, looking at the pictures becuase i was close to the pole at the right.