visualartist
Sea Post King

I say plenty of paper
chris flynn
Sea Post King

Marvelous things..
Balanced1nsanity
Sea Post King

I'm a greedy Eisley fan, I think. I don't want them to get super popular. I am afraid that the band will become mainstream and change their style even more than they did on Room Noises, and that might just crush my world. I wish they would produce more music like back in their indie record days.
Joined: 07 May 2005 | Posts: 75 | Location: bremen, georgia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eatahouse
Sea Post King

Balanced1nsanity wrote:
I'm a greedy Eisley fan, I think. I don't want them to get super popular. I am afraid that the band will become mainstream and change their style even more than they did on Room Noises, and that might just crush my world. I wish they would produce more music like back in their indie record days.

Yes, you are greedy.

Although the old, unmarketed Eisley sounds better, shouldn't you be happy for the band if they make it big?

But I have heavy doubts that it'll ever happen anyways.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

eatahouse wrote:
Balanced1nsanity wrote:

Yes, you are greedy.

Although the old, unmarketed Eisley sounds better, shouldn't you be happy for the band if they make it big?

But I have heavy doubts that it'll ever happen anyways.

That's not greedy; I think most Eisley fans feel the same way. We'd be really happy for the band, but also sad because it wouldn't quite be a little community of Eisley fans anymore. I know I feel that way. As for whether "it'll ever happen," I think Eisley will make it very big, very soon. I kind of doubt they'll ever go mainstream and change their style more. They'll evolve, but they'll never be top 40 pop.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cityoflaughs
Sea Post King

I really like Plenty Of Paper. I could see that one doing well.

Telescope Eyes is a good song, but not my favorite.
Kit
Sea Post King

Reprise should not stop promoting Room Noises until the following songs have, at one point, been released as singles:

Golly Sandra
Plenty of paper
My Lovely