Laughing City
darknightholdtight
Lost at Forum

yeah...they suck......but meh everyones got their own opinion

^props to Patrock^\\Myspace Patrock is the world's best big sis!
Im going to marry Hayley Williams BOO YEA!
Joined: 15 May 2005 | Posts: 1470 | Location: Mansfield,Texas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
forumlurker
Sea Post King

well, i think the fairest thing to do is to wait and see if the murdered miracles end up going any further than eisley.

personally i don't think the miracles aren't without talent, i just get the feeling that they could only express anger, which has limited appeal. (in my opinion)
Last edited by forumlurker on Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Super_Dave
Golly, Poster

Yeah I know how you feel. My both band mates really doesn't like listening to them. One says it puts him to sleep. And well the other he's just not into that kind of muisc. But they don't give me a hard time about listening to them. Which I guess it's pretty cool.

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret"

www.purevolume.com/247
Joined: 18 Oct 2004 | Posts: 618 | Location: San Antonio, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
musicislove
Golly, Poster

not one person I've played them for has not liked it. seriously... maybe they see how truly excited and happy I am for them that they are listening to one of my all time favorite bands, and feel the need to say they like them so they dont crush me... Smile but yeah... I love them and we all love them so thats all that matters Very Happy

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

Super_Dave wrote:
Yeah I know how you feel. My both band mates really doesn't like listening to them. One says it puts him to sleep. And well the other he's just not into that kind of muisc. But they don't give me a hard time about listening to them. Which I guess it's pretty cool.

That's cool. It's nice when peope don't crush you for listening to something they don't.
kinz
Sea Post King

my entire family
including my kids,love it
so thats it for me,one you have the approval of yer kids and when your nephew says "the music is so preety",what more could you want

chris flynn
Sea Post King

those guys will be the first ones to jump on board when Eisley hits big, with just one hit single, and say " ahhh Eisley, I always loved them, they rock"..

good bands like Eisley, Genesis, etc... always start with with grass roots followers.. true believers, we be...

I remember when I was young, and I was listening to Kayaak, Be Bop Delux, Weather Report and classical music such as, Aaron Copland, Stravinsky and all my friends thought I was nuts...They all dug Smoke on the Water"... and Free Bird.... I was looking for the odd bands and odd music... the ones with talent, and the ones who had original songwriting/ and or an original take on life....

brian_nguyen
Sea Post King

chris flynn wrote:

I remember when I was young, and I was listening to Kayaak, Be Bop Delux, Weather Report and classical music such as, Aaron Copland, Stravinsky and all my friends thought I was nuts...They all dug Smoke on the Water"... and Free Bird... I was looking for the odd bands and odd music... the ones with talent, and the ones who had original songwriting/ and or an original take on life....

Who? Confused
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 472 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Skabro1005
Golly, Poster

Dude...I can kinda relate. My friends are either like, "Who is Eisley?" or I have them listen and they say the "Meh, they are alright." which really means, "I....dont really like them." I just dont get it. Whatever, they are awesome to me, and thats what really counts! Haha, but seriously, its cool, they continue to spread like wildfire, so it wont be long until they go mainstream. I have no doubt.
i spit out a flury of rude language at garron like, "UGH!....DUMMY!" he flips out and crys for the next couple of hours, then we stop at subway my favorite restaurant and buy him a sub and things are cool now.

You will be greatly missed Jonathon David Wilson. Great bassist, great guy.

*caution*
*Myspace-caution*
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 | Posts: 931 | Location: Where I currently am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

chris flynn wrote:
those guys will be the first ones to jump on board when Eisley hits big, with just one hit single, and say " ahhh Eisley, I always loved them, they rock"..

good bands like Eisley, Genesis, etc... always start with with grass roots followers.. true believers, we be...

I remember when I was young, and I was listening to Kayaak, Be Bop Delux, Weather Report and classical music such as, Aaron Copland, Stravinsky and all my friends thought I was nuts...They all dug Smoke on the Water"... and Free Bird.... I was looking for the odd bands and odd music... the ones with talent, and the ones who had original songwriting/ and or an original take on life....

Buddy, there are a lot of kids here. Many of them aren't going to get those references.

JD

gRegor
the gEek

ladiosadice wrote:
Have they heard of Camelot?

"On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

We're Knights of the Round Table,
We dance when ere we're able,
We do routines and chorus scenes
With footwork impeccable.
We dine well here in Camelot,
We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
We're Knights of the Round Table,
Our show are formidable,
But many times, we're given rhymes
That are quite unsingable.
We're Opera mad in Camelot,
We sing from the diaphragm
a looooooot.
In war we're tough and able,
Quite indefatigable,
Between our quests we sequin vests,
And impersonate Clark Gable.
It's a busy life in Camelot,
I have to push the pram a lot.

JD

chris flynn
Sea Post King

Quote:
Buddy, there are a lot of kids here. Many of them aren't going to get those references.

you mean they never heard of The Organic Peppers , either? Oh the humanity.... it must have rocked their world and sent them into an instant meltdown....to have mentioned bands that aren't on MTV or vH1

I get your point, THOUGH... HUMOR ME , OK... I'M OLD.. You have my permission to completely ignore me... after all---- we rattle on. us old'uns..

a caveat, all the bands I mentioned can be found with one click of a mouse in google, right up there on your browser... except copland and stravinsky--those are classical composers.

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

I let it go the first time, but the name is Aaron Copeland. Just FYI. Copland was a good movie though.

JD

noseatbeltxx
Sea Post King

aww, that sucks, but i know what you mean. my best friend despises eisley...says they sing "girly songs" or something like that. truthfully, i think she's hating them because i like them or just to hate something. Confused but thinking about it now, it's kind of worked out for the better because me and her like everything the same, and this is something that is just mine and is special to just me...maybe it could be like that for you? eh, i dunno, but at least all of us appreciate eisley!!!
<3

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>