I have tried them once.
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 109

lostjeremy
Sea Post King

jdstories wrote:
lostjeremy wrote:

So you use and you say Im not an addict and I dont have to do the drugs then why do you do them? That no make sense to me. I was an addict and depended on them physically and mentally.

I appreciate the fact that you had problems with drugs, and I can see why you no longer partake. If I were you I would have quit also. However, most of us are not you. Anything that is potentially psychosomatically addictive requires that people have a certain amount of self-control before they partake, and physiologically addictive drugs should not be used by anyone. However, I do not believe the latter is what most people are talking about when they speak of their own drug use. People that can handle drugs do them for recreation. People do lots of things for recreation that aren't necessary. People that can't handle drugs get addicted. What people don't understand is that we regularly avoid that sort of addiction from other sources, such as sugar and caffeine. Don't think for a minute that caffeine doesn't alter your body chemistry the same way other drugs do, but it will never gets persecuted quite like drug use does, even though it is physiologically addictive.

JD

I agree. I actually quit smoking at the same time (cigs) Also quit caffeine as well about 6 months back but drink a cup of coffee at church every sunday morning so I guess I havent totally quit. I know you are refering to weed in most of your posts and everyone has their own opinion. Im just sharing what Ive been thru mainly for the sake I know there is a younger crowd that visits these forums that may have yet to be exposed to the "scene". Just think kids should know all facts before partaking in anything wether in be a bong hit or an 8 ball. But weed can also be psycologically and physiologically addictive as well. Everyones chemistry is different. Also as far as handling drugs. Even though I was using so much I was 100% sure in my mind I had things handled and under control. I didnt. Self Control - I have always had self control, much more so than most people I know but drugs can and did totally change that. As a not so wise man named lostjeremy once said "you can't always control self control when mind altering substances are put into the mix." Just about a year ago I had some severre back injuries and had to be put on some seriously addictive RX'd meds you always here about in the news. It made me nervous at first but luckily by that time after learning what I learned I was able to keep myself in check and had ohers keep me in check as well just to be safe.

Remember kids drugs are bad. I currently have a father in the pen, 7 friends dead (4 OD, 2 suicide, 1 car wrecked while high), close to a dozen old friends in OCCC Correctional facility. A jail in Hawaii whose population is over 85% there because of ice use.
Theres very few of us that were able to kick. 2 friends who were twin brothers went to rehab for 27 months (their sentence for armed robery). Theyve been out now for 3 years and have been clean since thank god. And 1 friend who just kicked the same way I did - got a vision from God that totally changed mine and his lifes. People always ask if I will ever move back home to Hawaii. Probably not. Too much drama. Ill always consider it home but now I have a 2nd home that I love - Tyler, TX.

And JD hope your not taking anything the wrong way, Im not bashing you at all because like you said and I agree everyone has their own opinion and freedom of choice.
Joined: 09 Aug 2004 | Posts: 189 | Location: Tyler, TX & Mililani, HI
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Not at all. I thank you for that post, and I am sorry you had to go through that.

JD

avalon5
Sea Post King

which is why no one should get all fired up over them. stick to your opinions, but keep in mind they are YOUR opinions and dont necessarily have to be shared by everyone to make them valid.

i just think that its good to see a lot of different opinions for a younger crowd. im not saying you're cooler if you do drugs, or that it enhances your mind or any of the old sayings. im just saying that, when you control yourself, i find them enjoyable. and if you disagree with me, then obviously that is you're right. i just dont think that, as a whole, it makes me a "bad or silly" person. there is a lot more to me than what i enjoy occasionally.

end MORAINE
Golly, Poster

ijustpeedalittle wrote:
jdstories wrote:
kung fu wrote:
they are pointless.

Says you.

JD

i would like someone to be able to post their opinion without a reply like this....

Says you.

JD

Stumbled upon a slipstream of stubble and rash urine stains, where the warming of marrow drew comfort from this blanketless train. an insulin coma, baring the mark of tremula metacarpi; an executrix at play in the cargo of thanos
ijustpeedalittle
Sea Post King

hahaha

i was REALLY confused there for a second.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

<< prev | goto page