Laughing City
BK
Laughing Citizen

With the things that have recently happened to me, I think I've become the master of change. This comes as a real shocker to me that Jon is leaving. I wish him the best as he makes his transition and will continue to support him as I always support any member of Eisley. He will be missed; but ,at the same time, I'm looking forward to see what these changes bring for the band as a whole.

Good luck to everyone involved with this change, as transition periods can be difficult to get through.

Vintage Newbie

wow, i would have driven to Cleveland if i had known this was Jon's last tour. all is seeming well and i cant complain too much, so good luck jon Very Happy

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan
lovepath7
Sea Post King

It is through the process of heat that gold is purified. It is through pressure and time that diamonds are formed from coal. And it is through trial and tribulation that we grow. I pray that through this time of sadness at Jon's departure, Eisley may come forth as gold and grow into victory. The most beautiful flower grows from the ashes of human suffering.
I also want to take this opportunity to thank you, Boyd. You take so much time and energy to keep us, the fans, involved and informed that we may feel as participants with Eisley, part of the family. A fan cannot ask for a better gift. Thank you.
Joined: 13 Jun 2005 | Posts: 457 | Location: Stony Brook, NY
FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

I am shocked to say the least, Garron will probably be a great bass player. How old is this tike??
BenC
Golly, Poster

Bye Jon, glad i got to see you one last time Sad
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

Oh my Gosh! This was so out of nowhere to me. What a heartbreaking thing to digest...

Jon, the best of luck in all you do. You are so very talented, and I'm sure we will hear or see you again! Wink

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
RockerChick
Sea Post King

jon! *tear* good luck! you'll obviously be missed.... Embarassed
boyd
Eisleyoid

As last 4 shows near, I fear many tears.

thanks for going thru this with us. boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
kajqrd
Golly, Poster

Hi Jon... A sad but understandable decision. Thanks for the great music you've been blessing us with as a part of Eisley.
Antiarches
Sea Post King

i just read every post.

i wish you all the best of luck.

jon, you're talented, you're a wonderful person... if there's one thing that these seven pages of responses tell you, it's that you'll always be in our hearts... you've brought us such happiness, and i wish i could have talked with you more than once... and perhaps i will...

Joined: 10 Apr 2005 | Posts: 341 | Location: Tinley Park, IL
jimmy
Sea Post King

jon can just have my babies i guess.
the igonorance motif
Golly, Poster

i was both sad and excited coming into the metro a few days ago. it was my first time seeing eisley live, but there was one thing i promised myself that i needed to do after reading this journal, before it all ended. it was to meet jon before he would leave eisley. that night was my only chance to do so. im so glad it happened, otherwise i would have never known how really great a person jon is.

and right now as im typing this, after reading the various posts in this thread, and reflecting on the whole situation... my chest feels like its sinking in. it's weird because i hardly even know jon, but after talking to him and meeting him in person, it just makes it so much harder to accept the fact he's leaving the band whose music i've come to love and grow with. i can't even fathom how hard this is going to be on all of you.

and so, here's to you jon. i've probably said this and posted it in someway or another a few times, but thanks for just taking the time to say hello.
i'll close my little post with my first and last picture with mr. jonathan wilson... take care.

Last edited by the igonorance motif on Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Daniel Kraft
Sea Post King

Mr. Boyd,
Just heard about Jon. Well...I figured I would come hear it from the horse's mouth..."Wiiiiiilbur". I am amazed as always at the eloquence of your writing and the heartfelt openness that you always display. It's like we are a part of the family. I appreciate that as a fan/friend, and I must say that we will miss Jon greatly!!! What a great bass player. I remember when he first came on with you guys after Muse had left... and how well he fit. No doubt that God has some kind of biscuit in the oven though for both Eisley and Jon...and Garret. How "AW-SUM"...I pray that it all works out, and I pray for God's best in your lives/family/band! Keep making great music! Keep growing, and taking it to the next level! Love yall!!!

My Xangaaaaa...(Ricardo Mantaban)
http://www.xanga.com/Danelectro
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 193 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
oShiftyEyeso
Sea Post King

You know, I think this was the first time a band has made me tear.

So, I got back from summer camp all depressed, and I read this (i guess i'm a forum stalker). And so I spent the last couple of days trying to think of something original to say about this. Because I know Jon and his contributions must have inspired more emotions in the past four years than the handful that brings about shock and sadness. So thanks for the last four years, and thanks for all the thoughts your words and writing have provoked, and for music, and for humor, and...good times, good times.

Welcome, Garron. Now it looks like a heck of a tough act to follow, but we're still behind you and happy to see what you can bring to the band. So thanks for the future, and for music, and for all that jazz.

That was cheesy as heck, but it's the best I've got in this kind of state.

the overcast
Joined: 29 Aug 2004 | Posts: 61 | Location: an urban suburb no one's written a hit single about
oShiftyEyeso
Sea Post King

You know, I think this was the first time a band has made me tear.

So, I got back from summer camp all depressed, and I read this (i guess i'm a forum stalker). And so I spent the last couple of days trying to think of something original to say about this. Because I know Jon and his contributions must have inspired more emotions in the past four years than the handful that brings about shock and sadness. So thanks for the last four years, and thanks for all the thoughts your words and writing have provoked, and for music, and for humor, and...good times, good times.

Welcome, Garron. Now it looks like a heck of a tough act to follow, but we're still behind you and happy to see what you can bring to the band. So thanks for the future, and for music, and for all that jazz.

That was cheesy as heck, but it's the best I've got in this kind of state.

the overcast
Joined: 29 Aug 2004 | Posts: 61 | Location: an urban suburb no one's written a hit single about