Laughing City
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Jon,

thank You for all of the awesome bass playing! im sorry to see you go. Sad

i hope and pray all the best for you in your future endeavors! that one time when you told me you saw me in the crowd, that made my night. thank You!

matthew

vmiprestrain
Sea Post King

Wow, this really leaves me not knowing quite what to think. I am glad that Jon showed the courage to do what his feelings were telling him. The lyrics from the Billy Corgan song The Camera Eye keep coming to mind...

"who needs pain to survive?
I need pain to change my life
in gentle myths and turning leaves we all come to bury truth"
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 434 | Location: Bridgewater, VA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
foghorn908
Sea Post King

I'm sorry to hear that Jon is leaving the band.I am glad that I got to meet him on the bands stop in Birmingham.I wish all the best and good luck with every thing that he finds that hes looking for.
Joined: 14 Apr 2005 | Posts: 24 | Location: prattville,alabama
BOWi
Sea Post King

Wow... I feel kinda stupid to post almost a week after the announcement. Anyway, I'm sad to hear the new since I've never seen Eisley in a show, this mean I will never get to see Jon... Anyway, I suppose this is a new beginning. Good luck to Eisley! I know that the future hold a lot of good things for you.
gregoryzeigerson
Sea Post King

It's totally understandable for endless touring to take its toll. Some people, I think including myself, need a home base to return to daily (or nearly daily), a nest of security and a place to get back in touch with one's true self and goals each day.

I wish Jon the best. I think it's great that he knows himself enough to make this very difficult decision, it was probably a harder one for him to make, even than for Eisley to recover from.

I wonder if this change means Eisley will someday be known simply as the Duprees? I guess not since they already exist! (www.duprees.com).

I hope the new management is as passionate as Brian Epstein was toward the Beatles in the early 60s, and give Eisley everything they deserve!

I'm excited about the all-good future of Eisley, and glad that the load is off Jon's chest! It's true, change can be necessary and important for the future.

I hope Eisley makes a big splash at the Austin City Limits festival!

"Everything you have inside you
Everything you need to guide you
This is all you have to know and
This is all you have to go on"--October Project.

"Happiness is a state of noncontradictory joy--a joy without penalty or guilt...not the joy of escaping from your mind, but of using your mind's fullest power..."--Ayn Rand.
Joined: 25 Mar 2005 | Posts: 15 | Location: Garwood, NJ USA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

Aw. I'll never get to see Jon play with Eisley. I've never met him either, but I can tell from reading some of his xanga entries he seems like a really awesome, amazing guy. God bless, Jon!
Psych0F0x
Sea Post King

Good luck Jon, good luck Eisley. One should follow his own feelings or you can get stuck in situations that don't feel good. Jon is one of my favourite bass players so I just wish him all the best.
I-M-Not-On-Fire
Sea Post King

I believe this is my first post ever on this forum. I've been reading it faithfully for over a year, but this is the first time I've felt that it was my duty to post....

The truth is, Jon, that I don't know anything about the bass as an instrument. I can't tell you that you're the greatest bassist I've ever heard because my ears focus on lyrics and vocals before all else. But I can tell you that I've seen Eisley 3 times now, and met you three times, and even if I hadn't, it still feels like Eisley is suffering a major loss and that the band will be missing something without you. Boyd makes us all feel so involved with everything that goes on with the band, so it's understandable that people who have never met you or seen Eisley perform are actually crying over this. But I understand what it's like to get the feeling that you need to head in a different direction, and I, like everyone else here, am happy for you to be moving on to whatever it is you'd like to do with your life. You seem like a very kind person. The first time I met you, you stayed and talked to me long after the rest of the band headed outside to go look for a coffee place or food. And you never made me feel like you weren't interested in what I had to say, which meant a lot. Obviously future Eisley recordings may sound different without you, I'm sure, but I just wanted to let you know that we're all saddened not because of that, but because our favorite band will now have to perform without their best friend, and the fans are losing a wonderful person to talk to at shows. I don't even know if you'll ever get to read this, but I had to say my piece. Thanks for being so cool, and good luck with everything. I hope to see you at another Eisley show in the future.

Sidenote: Welcome, Garron. Though I'm sad to be losing Jon, I'm very happy that the band chose to go with a family member to take his place. It just wouldn't feel right if the new bassist was just some guy or girl that the band didn't even know. It will take some time to get used to seeing a new person on stage where Jon used to stand, but I just hope you realize that you will be welcomed with open arms by a very loving fanbase.

(Sorry, everyone, for the extremely long post.)

-Donald David Lamb Jr
Joined: 31 Mar 2005 | Posts: 15 | Location: Stratford, New Jersey
Xan_The_Man
Sea Post King

That's awful, gargantuan, and ghastly. I love you, Jon! Be a good boy, and eat your greens while gone from Eisley!
Thy will of man
My kingdom gone"

-Zao ~ 'The Last Song From Zion'
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AustintheFlowerKing
Sea Post King

Oh... Sad

I'm quite glad I got to talk a little with Jon on his last Eisley tour. He's a really good musician and I hope this is not the last I'll hear of him.

Goodluck with all you do Jon. Peace & Love.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
"You may say I'm a Dreamer, but I'm not the only one." -John Lennon
pzy
Wookie Luke

The last show I'll ever see with Jon just ended, the Hot Hot Heat show in Ventura. Great show - it sounded as good as a headlining slot and the crowd was pretty cool.

I'm still sad to see Jon go, I'll miss him in Eisley. I hope it's not the last I see of him.

Only 3 shows of Jon-Eisley left! Crying or Very sad

emilytexas
Sea Post King

I'm so sorry to see Jon go, but I completely understand his decision. Reading the post actually made me tear up. He will most definitely be missed. I got the chance to meet him before a show for the "Say Cheese" contest...he was so nice and humble. I don't know him personally, but I can only agree with your opinions of him. I'm definitely praying for yall and him in his new direction. I can't wait to see how everything turns out.

-Emily Gilbert[/quote]

ps: we were at gypsy tea room??? tea party??? get it....if not...oh well...
Joined: 11 Sep 2004 | Posts: 2 | Location: Sulphur Springs, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
holiday
Sea Post King

i feel almost ridiculous about posting a week after, yet i just heard the news today from a friend ('cause I've got this new job and no time anymore...)

i really wish now that i didn't have this blasted job so i could see them on the 3rd. oh well.

i've met jon a couple times and he's been so kind. best of luck and happiness to him.

garron, we welcome you with open arms and ears.

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

crikey.

I don't know what to say, other than the fact that the closest I got to meeting him was listening in when they were on WMUC. He sounded so relaxed and sound back then. Geez.

I trust and hope that Garron is, from the start, his own person and doesn't try to be Jon in any way. I'm sure he won't, but it's tough joining a band.

All the best, Jon.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
benjaminmoore
Sea Post King

Sweet Taylor mention. RAW.
Joined: 01 Oct 2004 | Posts: 13 | Location: Little Forest Hills, Texas