Laughing City
Kevin87
Sea Post King

golly andrew wrote:
All of you people complaining about preferring new songs to reworked oldies are ignoring a simple fact: the reworked ones sound better than ever. Period.

TE has been served justice. The third version is what's best for it.

The new "Memories" has become epic.

I never liked IWP too much though ;P, but it did improve.

"Head Against the Sky" has much potential, so i'm glad the band is embracing this opportunity.

Eisley is a wonderful band signed to a major label. Look at the bigger picture. I'm sure they'll appreciate your understanding.

reworked is still old, meaning the fans already have to listen to the same song, just different. period. lol. if it's to get new fans, then why not write brand new stuff? they can find the old songs online like on OGG. then the fans already get new stuff as well as the new fans getting stuff for the first time and experiencing the joy of finding the old stuff. that's all i'm saying. reworked still doesn't take away the fact that we've all heard it before.
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

Kevin87 wrote:
golly andrew wrote:
All of you people complaining about preferring new songs to reworked oldies are ignoring a simple fact: the reworked ones sound better than ever. Period.

"Head Against the Sky" has much potential, so i'm glad the band is embracing this opportunity.

Eisley is a wonderful band signed to a major label. Look at the bigger picture. I'm sure they'll appreciate your understanding.

reworked is still old, meaning the fans already have to listen to the same song, just different. period. lol. if it's to get new fans, then why not write brand new stuff? they can find the old songs online like on OGG. then the fans already get new stuff as well as the new fans getting stuff for the first time and experiencing the joy of finding the old stuff. that's all i'm saying. reworked still doesn't take away the fact that we've all heard it before.

But you haven't "heard it all before." You didn't hear those gorgeous new harmonies in "Memories" on the MT EP. "Telescope Eyes" is completely different and way better.

I'm more 'joyful' that Eisley can mature as a band, realizing how they were previously working with skeletons of great songs.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
boone
Vintage Newbie

I miss "Over the Mountains."

Eisley should take a bunch of old songs and get them put on movie soundtracks or something.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
I miss "Over the Mountains."

Eisley should take a bunch of old songs and get them put on movie soundtracks or something.

Eisley Meets The Phantom!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Kevin87
Sea Post King

golly andrew wrote:
Kevin87 wrote:
golly andrew wrote:

But you haven't "heard it all before." You didn't hear those gorgeous new harmonies in "Memories" on the MT EP. "Telescope Eyes" is completely different and way better.

I'm more 'joyful' that Eisley can mature as a band, realizing how they were previously working with skeletons of great songs.

i didn't say "heard it all before", i said "all heard it before", it's amazing how much of a different the placement of certain words can make it so different. i'm not against them redoing stuff, like boyd said it might not even be on the new album whenever that comes out but the thing i'm hesitant about is that if it does end up on the cd, Warner Brothers might take off a new song to put this old song on that most, if not all, the fans have heard before. i have nothing against them redoing it, just if they did i think they should be in addition to the new ones, not in their place. then new and old fans alike both win.
phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

I think we're all missing the point.
Aaron Sprinkle will make Head Against the Sky own.

Maybe even....... PWN.
norad
Vintage Newbie

phoenixdown wrote:
I think we're all missing the point.
Aaron Sprinkle will make Head Against the Sky own.

Maybe even....... PWN.

apperently it did...boyd said something along those lines...but dosent know what will hapepdn to the song now...

i hope soon its goign to be on itunes....
darknightholdtight
Lost at Forum

i hope its not.....cuz then i cant get it

^props to Patrock^\\Myspace Patrock is the world's best big sis!
Im going to marry Hayley Williams BOO YEA!
Joined: 15 May 2005 | Posts: 1470 | Location: Mansfield,Texas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
oc325
Sea Post King

Head Against the Sky is quite a song live. I'm looking real forward to this new recording
lemonadesurprise
Sea Post King

I can't wait to hear the new recording. Honestly I had to go listen to the song to remember which one it was. As soon as I heard the first couple of notes it all came back! I think it has a lot of potential.