Laughing City
boone
Vintage Newbie

I don't think the videos should compete with the imagery of the songs. It'd be better if the video came up with its own, unique beauty that complimented the song in a more abstract way. Do we really want Eisley to have a video that can be compared to Men At Work's "Land Down Under?" I didn't think so.

And Chauntelle's hair is marvelous.

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

Y4J wrote:
I'm just interested to see the final product, because IWP is laid back and sweet and the theme looks very twiggy.

The thing is, it's Eisley... That's enough for me.

twiggy, that's the word I'm looking for...

I don't know, we'll find out what it looks like in the end, but just the way sherri was dressed and the big white stage automatically made me think of a more upbeat song. IWP is so slow, and chill, and we already have a video for it, and I'm pretty satisfied with that video, maybe cos i'm a big stupid Boyd-lovin' geek, but still...

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

i was completley excited when i saw the first pictures from the video. i felt like eisley had just been sent through a time portal from a mod-60s-scifi movie premiere. well that was an odd description. but it was friggin exciting/cutting edge. i thought it sounded grand.

-edit-
oh i forgot. i know we all like eisley being all underground and having them to ourselves, but i have a feeling this will be great for their fanbase. and on the 2006 tour i'll be the one jumping up and down waving my arms in the back like "remember me? i was your fan before 'i wasn't prepared' was number 1 on mtv for 10 weeeeeeks..."

Golly, Poster

I think it's good that Eisley videos don't exactly match their lyrics.

I mean, take R. Kelly for example. The songs about the closet? I've never actually seen the videos, but my friend described them and acted them out for me and I was laughing for hours because I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever. Every single lyric in the song is acted out like it's a big movie. He should have just written those songs for a movie, rather than make them into songs for a movie-like music vid.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

why make a song so based on the word closet? he has to rhyme it to itself like a million times. and the lyrics arent music at all. they're just like someone talking. "she said get in the closet. so i went in the closet. i got locked in the closet." or something alon those lines.
Golly, Poster

vivalaspopie wrote:
why make a song so based on the word closet? he has to rhyme it to itself like a million times. and the lyrics arent music at all. they're just like someone talking. "she said get in the closet. so i went in the closet. i got locked in the closet." or something alon those lines.

Haha, yeah. My friend was singing his song like, "And then I went to the closet. Now I'm in the closet. I can't get out of the closet!"

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boyd
Eisleyoid

ha cahg! he sgai noe bleb.

OUuy... :--)

I siad i counld NO be caud sibn you. n
i'd bleb dag in i didn tsag but noid iddn bleg nib er i no sid can bleb it.

evern glegn.

bed

sb. he oucldnt. ohw si no

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
wmnow
Golly, Poster

ouye ashwe othescle
ernixlopez
Sea Post King

chubbygumby wrote:
i wanna see an eisley vid with bats with butterfly wings, moons being cut in half, kings of the sea, a village with snowflakes, scarecrows walking, dragons, people with sun feet, dreary birds in a dreary sky, insects confused, frogs quite amused, toys with squeaky joints, war horses with rubber bands, etc.

That was awesome! Very Happy Yes!

okay cace face.
Sea Post King

i know i am a little late with my opinion on this but...

i think it's better for the video to be more on the abstract side. it's more creative that way. i'd rather see some tweaked out music video (not to say that the concept of this video is tweaked out or anything) than a generic storyline based video. not that a video following the song is a bad idea or anything, i guess it just kind of reminds me of watching a predictable movie.

well, regardless, i think the video will turn out super.

that's all.

<3
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

me gusta eisley.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

If the videos showed the lyrics directly, it would be somewhat like watching the movie of one of your favorite books. it would be like "hey! i see that different!" and then maybe it would be bothersome. I think so anyways. Cool

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
I don't think the videos should compete with the imagery of the songs. It'd be better if the video came up with its own, unique beauty that complimented the song in a more abstract way. Do we really want Eisley to have a video that can be compared to Men At Work's "Land Down Under?" I didn't think so.

And Chauntelle's hair is marvelous.

I'm with you on this one. I'm of the opinion that Chauntelle's hair can do no wrong.

JD

Y4J
Golly, Poster

Quote:
I didn't like the other videos really. But this one is interesting... it's the
first one that takes everyone out of context. There's drama; it's shot in
space. Come on... at least it's not shot in Eisley's back yard or den. It's a
step in the right direction.

Nothing wrong with backyards and dens!

Boyd should have a "cameo" in the video. While the chorus is going, Boyd should be in the background for .00001 seconds holding a sign that says "Boyd" with an arrow pointing to him. I'd laugh my arse off.

Check out my FLICKR and leave comments!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28644084@N00/
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 829 | Location: Manteca, California
boone
Vintage Newbie

He'd have to be on screen for at least .020833 seconds. It's just the way film works.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>