Laughing City
mcrew117
Sea Post King

ok so my friends and i were very lucky to get first row at this concert.
Augustana first came up and the guitarist's amp was sooooo loud. i couldn't hear a word of the chorus and i had to plug my ears cuz it was so bad so i can't really review their set honestly.

so it's eisley's turn and we stood right infront of chauntelle and it was a blast. when eisley first came on stage, i screamed "happy bday!" and she smiled and looked very grateful. they played some songs and mentioned that they were from tyler, which of course received lots of applause, and also stated the fact that half the venue was their family haha. then they played some more songs and then sherri mentions that it's chauntelle's bday (btw there were balloons on top of her amp) and so the whole venue starts singing happy bday. when the song was over, they each had a can of silly string and started spraying it all over her and her guitar and also started spraying the crowd. haha it was so funny and cute. sherri kept saying "i said a little bit guys!". then they wrapped up their set with a couple more songs and left the stage. i got one of chauntelle's set list they didnt play trolleywood though =(

then switchfoot came on. wow their lighting was amazing. it opened with jon (lead singer) jumping on the rail in the crowd. their set was so much fun, they even made a funny song about dallas hahaha. at the end of their last encore song, my friends and i had "we are one tonight!!!" posters and he took the "one" and placed it on top of the drums. and at the end chad (the drummer) threw his sticks right at me. i recommend that you guys stay for their set cuz it was the best concert i've been to.

anyways after the concert, i buy some merch and i went outside to search for eisley and i find chauntelle, who is one of the nicest people out there. she signed my cd and took a pic. then i found weston and did the same. i kind of felt bad b/c they were all in a crowd full of their family and friends so i didn't even bother to go to sherri, stacy and garron on the other side of the street. but yea that was basically the dallas show.

sorry for the long entry. Very Happy
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

Ha, that's so cute about Chauntelle and the silly string.
I'm glad Switchfoot was good. I'm going to see them on Friday! I can't wait! But I was going to stay for them anyway, but it's just nice to know that it's the best concert you've seen.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Clark
Vintage Newbie

Heh, you were standing like right next to me. Cool. I had a funny hat on. Anyways, yeah, that was super cool when Jon grabbed the paper and put it on the drums. Ugh... Switchfoot was amazing. Definately stick around guys.

I'm glad ya had fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rosalee
Sea Post King

I was there, too! But on the opposite side, in front of Sherri & Garron. Set lists make the best souvenirs, glad to see you snagged one - I always forget! I was really psyched to hear Many Funerals, so I'm okay with them not playing Trolleywood, hehe. But aw, now I'm disappointed I didn't really stick around for Switchfoot (the friend I went with inexplicably wore heels and was dying to go after Eisley's set, hehe). From what I've heard so far, they must put on a good show! Oh, & we saw Weston too, before the show, but I was too shy to say hi. My friend convinced me that it was probably best not to bug him though since he looked like he was chatting with people. Can't blame 'em - it seems like they're hardly ever in town, so I bet their family misses them! Agh, sorry for the really long comment! Glad you had fun!
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

at the houston/stafford one switchfoot used deep in the heart of texas and rhymed stafford with "laugh hard" they said they do a song for every city on the tour. i found it amusing.
Sea Post King

I agree with you guys -- Switchfoot was great! Only better concert I've been to was an indie band in San Angelo by the name of Jupiter Sunrise, because they were so fun inbetween their songs (of course they only had 12 songs to play and 2 hours to do them in, so they had to fill time!).

Dallas Morning News disagrees with us... they say Switchfoot sucked.

Rolling Eyes

Why am I letting this bother me?

Galen

mcrew117
Sea Post King

i know what u mean... i thought the crowd was having a blast and indeed i did hahaha those critics don't know what they're talking about