Laughing City
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

OHH! OHH! Name the rock "JD"! Then you can take me in the HOV lane, if you happen to come by one when you're out of town.

Sorry, for the bitter part of your night.

JD

The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

People are such turds.

I should have come to Dallas anyway and waited in line with you. We would have had a grand time, and I could have ninja'd those car-breaker-in-ers.

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

rosalee wrote:
.. Deep Ellum *is* awful

i live just across the bridges in downtown, it's hard to defend my neighborhood when things like this happen but it's not _that_ bad most of the time. It totally sucks clark's car got broken into and mine has too a few times, i think we need a neighborhood watch program in deep ellum to keep the small time crime like this away. There's a Deep Ellum association and their headquarters is on commerce, i may stop by and mention it.

Clark
Vintage Newbie

The5thavocado wrote:
People are such turds.

I should have come to Dallas anyway and waited in line with you. We would have had a grand time, and I could have ninja'd those car-breaker-in-ers.

Hehe. See? I told ya you should have come. This is all totally your fault. Only kidding. It was fine though. I met some cool kids in the line. It would have been cooler if you were there. Duh.

But thanks. Everybody. Oh, and everyone look around for a person sporting a green backpack and an unnecessarily large amount of cd's. This guy/girl could be anywhere by now.... just keep your eyes peeled. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

Clark wrote:
The5thavocado wrote:
People are such turds.

Hehe. See? I told ya you should have come. This is all totally your fault. Only kidding. It was fine though. I met some cool kids in the line. It would have been cooler if you were there. Duh.

But thanks. Everybody. Oh, and everyone look around for a person sporting a green backpack and an unnecessarily large amount of cd's. This guy/girl could be anywhere by now.... just keep your eyes peeled. :wink:

actually there's a good chance a homeless person did it and they'll probably sell the cd's but will keepthe backpack, describe it in more detail for me and i may be able to spot it. i get hassled for change 3 times a day it seems.

ladyofthewood_
Sea Post King

that's so horrible Sad
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

chasd00 wrote:
actually there's a good chance a homeless person did it and they'll probably sell the cd's but will keepthe backpack, describe it in more detail for me and i may be able to spot it. i get hassled for change 3 times a day it seems.

well, garsh, chad. you're so helpful.

Clark
Vintage Newbie

Ecouter wrote:
chasd00 wrote:

well, garsh, chad. you're so helpful.

Yes. He's so dreamy.

Hmm, lets see... its like a dark forest green. And has black zippers galore all over it. Secret compartments all over the place. One of the shoulder strap thingys doesn't have any padding in it anymore, and there is black thread hanging everywhere. And also, it's not a zip up bag. It has buckles. Well not like... buckles... but.... those clip in things. Ya know? Well, that's all that I know. Thanks. And happy hunting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Ohhh...Chad's gonna beat up a homeless guy.

JD

Kirk
Sea Post King

Wow that really sucks. When I was leaving work today I saw one of my coworkers standing by his car. Someone had, within the previous ten minutes, smashed in his window and stolen his cd player and subs. There was even blood on the shattered window. The strange thing is that this was during the day in a parking lot in Frisco--not exactly where you expect such a crime.

Anyway, I took the DART train from Plano to downtown, then walked to the concert. The show was awesome, and I was also two people back from the rail. This was my first time to see them live--and I'm from Tyler! It's tragic, I know.
Joined: 05 Jul 2003 | Posts: 374 | Location: Seattle, Washington
wildiris
Sea Post King

Clark, I am really sorry to hear about your car + missing things. I HATE when people steal my schoolbooks! Someone once stole three of my books when I was on my way to sell them back. :sigh:

It's strange for me to hear terrible stories of Deep Ellum still, because last time I was there I felt 100% perfectly safe. Maybe it's because I was with Chad + he lives there, I don't know...I just know I didn't mind it a year ago.

My first visit to Deep Ellum was awful. I was part of a group of people who helped rescue a woman whose husband/boyfriend was beating her beyond recognition. He dragged her outside a bar and just started wailing on her. The police responded in record time--I'd never seen them arrive so quickly! And hopefully she stayed at the shelter we brought her to that nite.

It makes me wicked sad, because Deep Ellum is a fantastic area. I want to see it turn around!!
dude
Golly, Poster

wow. bummer. I hope the show was worth it. Any Eisley show would be.
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, i've always felt fine in Deep Ellum. Oh well. And yeah, the show was worth it.

It was kinda cool though - during the show, Jon Foreman(Switchfoot) was talking about how we all take so many things for granted here, and how there are so many things in this world that distract us and lead us astray. He mentioned things like his late-night t.v..... all his records back at home. So it got me thinking about how much I take for granted and how simple things get me so easily distracted. Heh, so when I got back to my car and everything as gone... I nearly laughed. Just God's way of humbling me I suppose.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Clark wrote:
Yeah, i've always felt fine in Deep Ellum. Oh well. And yeah, the show was worth it.

It was kinda cool though - during the show, Jon Foreman(Switchfoot) was talking about how we all take so many things for granted here, and how there are so many things in this world that distract us and lead us astray. He mentioned things like his late-night t.v..... all his records back at home. So it got me thinking about how much I take for granted and how simple things get me so easily distracted. Heh, so when I got back to my car and everything as gone... I nearly laughed. Just God's way of humbling me I suppose.

well that's a good way of looking at it. Smile

Sea Post King

That's an interesting way to look at it, Clark.