Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
Marco
Sea Post King

I'm Marco. I live in Greenville, SC. I'm a musician/graphic designer. I saw Eisley in Athens GA with Switchfoot. I rank it as my third favorite concert, after U2 and Coldplay, and I've been to A LOT of concerts.

Keep up the good work guys. You're a breath of fresh air in a condensced, homogenized, mass produced, marketed world.

speedermode
Sea Post King

hi i am george i saw eisley open for switchfoot in phoenix last nite and i was amazed. i had heard of them before but never like this. im 25 and i play guitar and i live in northern arizona.
jondlm
Sea Post King

Hey, my name is Jonathan, I live in portland oregon. I went to the switchfoot concert just cause a friend was getting tickets and I figured I would go. My sister came with me. I was standing in line and get this, some dude tells me that Eisley is opening. I pretty much flipped (you probably heard my screaming in the crowd.) I have like Eisley for quite some years. Anyway, I have a mac computer and am an ex-home schooler and I love the Lord. I wanted to meet you guys so bad but I couldn't find you after the concert. Oh well. You guys freakin rock!
jedi_master_sal
Sea Post King

Hi! I just found this thread after posting a similar post in the "Random facts about you" thread. (Some of this post was copied from my other one in that section)

Well I'm new to these message boards and a new fan of Eisley.
I heard about them through starwars.com so I guess that makes me a geek right?

Can someone fall in love with a band?? Okay maybe not, but WOW, Eisley is...heavenly. The ladies have such beautiful voices. I've only heard the few songs on the site here and snippets on iTunes.

I haven't felt this good about a band for MANY years.

I so hope the band comes to Pittsburgh, (where I'm from). It would be my distinct honor to greet them to my city.

Is there a fan club or do these boards constitute that?

How do I get the posters?

Wow those vocals are something. I haven't gotten the words down yet, but man does the band move me in ways no other has ever done. At times I didn't know if I wanted to cry, be angst ridden, be calm, feel empowered or what, but this is the band I think I've always been looking for.

The melodies and harmonies blend so well they sound otherworldly to me. (In such a great way)

So a little about me. I'm a war veteran of Desert Storm, hold two degrees both in design (Graphic and Industrial), engaged for 7 years, a complete Star Wars fanatic (as evidenced by the fact that I followed a link from the Star Wars official site to this band just because of the name-then subsequently was blown away by the richness of the group).

I'm from Pittsburgh, however am well travelled being to 39 states and 7 countries.
I used to be a roadie for a band for a couple of years while in the miilitary. (That was when I was into heavy metal, but times have changed for me.)

I may be old to some of you at 35 years, but I've got a kid's heart. I still collect Star Wars toys, and am almost never serious except when it comes to my job (or those other times when it's absolutely neccessary to behave and act like an adult...heh heh)

Like I said previous in this post, I was drawn to the band by the name, but then those voices! I don't think I can ever recall hearing something so beautiful in my whole life.

I've thrown myself headlong into getting to know about the band. Already copied down all of the lyrics. Will be buying all of their songs that I can get from iTunes and downloaded all the posters (lo-res) from another thread on the boards here.

I'm just so excited about this band.

I typically listen to oldies (it's what I grew up on), 60-70's rock and believe it or not, disco...yeah I can hear the snickers now...

So I guess when I heard I Wasn’t Prepared and Marvelous Things I was completely taken away. Almost breathless. I don't like much of the music of today, but Eisley is a different story altogether.

Awesome, just awesome!

Most sincerely,
-Sal

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Welcome, Sal.

no fan club, mate.

Posters... I have no idea where you get them from. Traffic, probably.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Dear_Scene__x
Sea Post King

Name: Stefanie
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Hazel
(lol)
MySpace? Yes (myspace.com/remembertobreathe2)
How'd You Find Out About Eisley? I actually... I found out about them this summer. I saw their video for "Telescope Eyes" on, like, The-N or something. Lol. It was after Daria.
Have You Ever Seen Them Live? No... :*( Sadly
Anything Interesting About You? Haha. No.
Top 3 Favorite Bands: Eisley, Blesk (local), JamisonParker (r.i.p.)

Anything Else You Guys Want To Know? Ask...

---- Me x
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
just like we do
Sea Post King

Hi my name is also Stephanie

I live on the North Shore in Hawaii- I found out about eisley a while ago and I love them.

Lets see- what else did people write?
I don't have a myspace but might get one someday-
Top 3 favorite bands: eisley, mates of state, and bishop allen

I don't know what else to say but its good to be here- my husband and I visited the mainland this summer and we missed the eisley show in california- but we listened to room noises for several hours as we drove around visiting everyone.

Very Happy
Joined: 15 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1 | Location: North Shore Hawaii
alightchris
Sea Post King

im chris from PA... 20... never seen eisley live.... my sister showed them too me a little while ago and now i cant get those damn songs out of my head!

...may he rest in peace...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
darth sidious
Sea Post King

Not so much a noob, my old screen name is dangerous. I've been using darth sidious in a lot of places lately, and I plan on visiting this place more often again!

Ah, I miss the old days though!

FunkDeLaFletch
Sea Post King

I'm Matt, I first saw Eisley on launch a few years ago. I got to see them on the hot hot heat in Portland Me a while ago. I only went to see them play and i have to say that you guys look as good as your music sounds! Razz
And thanks for signing my friends Ciggerette packs!

stay out of trouble Wink

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Whoa, a lot of people! Welcome — or welcome back — everyone. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
open_shut
Sea Post King

I'm Anna, 15 years old, blonde hair, blue eyes. I read about Eisley in the newspaper and picked up their cd. Haven't seen them live.
My top three fave bands?
hard to choose. i'll just write a few. i like Jamie Cullum, Tim Burgess, (though I've only heard his song "Oh My Corazon) Evanescence, Eisley, and various techno groups.
You know, they should have a writing forum. Where you can post lyrics you've written, or such.
Or do they have one and I just don't know?

PartingGift
Sea Post King

Hi, my name is Chelsea. I'm 21 and I live in Jacksonville, Florida. I forgot what year it was, but when Eisley opened for Brand New, that was the first time I heard them and I'm glad I discovered them live. I'm very glad to see their fan base growing so fast. It makes me happy. Eisley just simply makes me happy.
Caley
Lost at Forum

Hello, I'm Caley. Umm... I'm fifteen, though soon I'll be sixteen in, oh, about a month and a few days.

I found out about Eisley last year when two of my friends in theatre were singing along with their iPods to "Telescope Eyes" and I was very much drawn to the lyrics (I'm a geek/loser-- that's my stereotype). So I was like "gimme that" and I listened to Eisley for the first time ever and I haven't been able to stop listening to them-- they're the best, I tell yeah!

Some of my favorite Eisley songs are their oldies, which they've dropped sadly. "Pretender" and "Sleepy Head" are killer and I love them, so they're stuck in my head incessantly. Then I love "Head Against the Sky," "Mr. Pine," "Blackened Crown," "Golly Sandra," "Many Funerals," etc.-- EVERYTHING will do.

I saw them recently during the Switchfoot "Nothing is Sound" Tour in Dallas, and oh my were they awesome! I was stunned into silence, except when it was time to cheer of course. It had to be the best concert I've seen and they were my favorite act that night. Gosh, it brings back memories. It was also Chauntelle's twenty-fourth birthday so we were able to sing "Happy Birthday" and watch the band have a silly-string war; it was very elating to witness. Also, their home fanbase was there so they seemed to be excited to be "home", per se, and performing in front of them. Then, I'm going to be going to the Dec. 18th Buzz Oven show so I can see them as well as some other local bands like Radiant and Ivoryline, and I'm totally amped about that!

Yeah, I guess I'll shut up now since I've written a novel-length post about me. Smile
Joined: 19 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1045 | Location: Mansfield and Austin
Twnty4Stvns
Golly, Poster

uhmm, hiiii. My name's steven. When I bought tickets for the switchfoot show I wanted to go to, I saw that a weird band called eisley was opening for them so I wanted to check them out and I fell in love. Yall know exactly why I fell in love, but then I saw their pictures. Goooooodness. You know what I'm talkin about.

So I'm in love with Stacy, of course...

Anywho, I'm a musician/singer/songwriter/christian/i-duno-what-else. I've written and recorded two of my own songs, I just got started. They're posted on my myspace, which is in my signature. Garageband is a wonderful program. Soooooooooo yeah...that's it.

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 | Posts: 634 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>