Laughing City
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

ok, i know i'm probably the only one on this forum who lives in San Antonio, but it seems like EVERY BAND goes to Houston, Austin, and Dallas. No one EVER comes here! So, i don't knw, it's just think it's worth mentioning...
dude
Golly, Poster

ha, you are so wrong. I am totally from san antonio. and yes the only time that i didn't have to travel to see Eisley was at the back to basics tour. i've traveled hours to see Eisley and they are totally worth it so i don't see it as a problem but i do see how it would be. we have very few small venues here. there's like the White Rabbit and Sin 13 but those are all out gothic places. The places that i think that Eisley would fit in musically are either Sam's Burger Joint or Cafe Revolucion but those places are way too small for Eisley.
I think the Superdave is the other boardie from s.a.

Vintage Newbie

Oh, you'd be suprised at how many San Antonions visit the board. There are a few members (superDave... off the top of my head) that post often. I went to San Antonio when Eisley was opening for New Found Glory on the back2basics tour, there seemed to be a bunch-o-fans there. Anywho.... Austin is only what... an hour and a half drive from San Antone? Come on down to A-Town. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dude
Golly, Poster

hey, did you meet any other boardies?
Vintage Newbie

dude wrote:
hey, did you meet any other boardies?

Me? Hmm, well I'll answer your question anyways. Very Happy

Well, I met superDave who is from San Antonio, and I met up with JD(stories) and yoetheterrible at the show. I'm sure I met a few others... but their names escape me at the moment...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dude
Golly, Poster

yeah i met yoetheterrible and i tried to sneak into his pictures with the band.
Lost at Forum

yes, i realize that austin is only an hour or so away, but think how much easier it would be to share the live eisley love with my friends if they came here. also, dude, there are quite a few lovely venues here. Verizon Ampitheatre, SBC, (which, i admit, seem very impersonal). golly.
dude
Golly, Poster

those arent venues they are stadiums. Wink
Golly, Poster

I remember that day when I met up with you guys. (Clark and JD) I hope we can all hang out again and get to see another Eisley show Smile

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret"

www.purevolume.com/247
Joined: 18 Oct 2004 | Posts: 618 | Location: San Antonio, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
airbagsavedmylife
Sea Post King

dude wrote:
....... The places that i think that Eisley would fit in musically are either Sam's Burger Joint or Cafe Revolucion but those places are way too small for Eisley.
I think the Superdave is the other boardie from s.a.

ahahahaha,
my rocknroll band played at Cafe Revolucion a lil bit ago....wierdest place EVER!!! there was this sweeeet mariachi band playing on the back patio during the whole show, little kids and grandparents running all over the place, it was nuts!
S.A. is purty fun though, i almost got shoot on numerous occasions by big latinos.

AutumnLeaves
Sea Post King

princesstripandfall wrote:
ok, i know i'm probably the only one on this forum who lives in San Antonio, but it seems like EVERY BAND goes to Houston, Austin, and Dallas. No one EVER comes here! So, i don't knw, it's just think it's worth mentioning...

I saw Eisley at a show in San Antonio. It was on the New Found Glory tour. So, yes, they do go to San Antonio.

Super_Dave
Golly, Poster

I remembered when I was talking to Boyd he said... "wow, I didn't even know we had a street team in San Antonio". Very Happy Man I can't wait to see them again.

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret"

www.purevolume.com/247
Joined: 18 Oct 2004 | Posts: 618 | Location: San Antonio, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
joseph
Lost at Forum

yes, i realize that austin is only an hour or so away, but think how much easier it would be to share the live eisley love with my friends if they came here. .

Well at least you don't live in Odessa.

Eisley only drives through Odessa on the way to Arizona.

Any place they play is at least 350 miles away from where I live.

**the turtle stamp of approval**

www.soulstrum.com
guitarfan
Sea Post King

yes, i realize that austin is only an hour or so away, but think how much easier it would be to share the live eisley love with my friends if they came here. also, dude, there are quite a few lovely venues here. Verizon Ampitheatre, SBC, (which, i admit, seem very impersonal). golly.

I live five hours from Dallas, which is usually the closest place where people play. You got it easy. :p

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

yes, i realize that austin is only an hour or so away, but think how much easier it would be to share the live eisley love with my friends if they came here. also, dude, there are quite a few lovely venues here. Verizon Ampitheatre, SBC, (which, i admit, seem very impersonal). golly sandra.

Sweetie, as much as we love Eisley we couldn't come close to filling venues of that magnitude. There is no way it would be worth it to book such large venues. Just come on down to Austin and rock out at The Parish with Clark and me, and Dave and Yoe, if they can make it. Besides, everyone knows Austin rules.

JD