Laughing City
Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

this is the guy we tape to a chair and make him watch every christmas special known to man, as he has no soul. christmas will give you more soul than Barry White. or a swift round hosue kick to the arm. whichever one happens first.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan
gRegor
the gEek

boone wrote:
gRegor wrote:
My only question is:
What is the "art of musical"?

Obviously the EP was mistaken for a broadway soundtrack.

No, it's really obvious that this person didn't bother to listen to "The Escaping Song." You may not like it, but you certainly can't accuse that song of unoriginality.

That's what I figured. I mean, everytime I listen to Eisley I suddenly feel the urge to break into song in lieu of ordinary conversation.

mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

I'm pretty sure this person only listened to the 30 second clips.

He mentioned not wanting to spend money on Eisley, and one would have to spend money if one wanted to listen to full songs on iTunes.

Just ignore the guy.
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ParanoidxAndroid
Sea Post King

Six Pence None The Richer or The White Stripes????? I have to go throw up..

The Machine Garden like friends.
Joined: 09 Nov 2004 | Posts: 129 | Location: Kill-umbus, Ohio. w0rd to your motha
tApiokA
Lost at Forum

the white stripes are creative? puuum pumpumpum pum puuuum puuuuuum throughout the whole song is NOT creative. and artists are SUPPOSED to satisfy themselves.. THAT'S WHY THEY DO WHAT THEY DO.. cause they enjoy it. they're not there to serve the listener although some are kind enough *cough* eisley *cough* to do so. and i would MUCH rather listen to eclectic beats than puuum pumpumpum pum puuuum puuuuuum for two minutes straight. thend.
Sea Post King

Wow...like...that reviewer person is like so cool and stuff....especially when he name drops the White Stripes!!!!

Some people are so lame. Myself included.
looneycustom
Golly, Poster

mikeyfridgebuzz wrote:
Wow...like...that reviewer person is like so cool and stuff....especially when he name drops the White Stripes!!!!

Some people are so lame. Myself included.

agreed. Very Happy

I'm one up on Marley
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 819 | Location: Huntsville, Tx
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Y4J wrote:
I like how he says they lack creativity but then he says white stripes. Personally, I really like the white stripes but creativity and seven nation army (or whatever its called) yeah that takes a lot....

I'm sorry, but when you hear chorus lines of songs like Lost at Sea and One Day I Slowly Floated Away and say that's not creative, then all you can do is feel sorry for whoever said it.

Sad really..

"congratulations, cuz we've made it, all the way home"?? is supposed to be creative? i dont think so. nothing wrong with that, because the song is still really pretty. eisley is very simple. it doesnt mean lyrics have to be insane, or music does. there's just a good balance.
norad
Vintage Newbie

starnothing wrote:
Y4J wrote:
I like how he says they lack creativity but then he says white stripes. Personally, I really like the white stripes but creativity and seven nation army (or whatever its called) yeah that takes a lot....

I'm sorry, but when you hear chorus lines of songs like Lost at Sea and One Day I Slowly Floated Away and say that's not creative, then all you can do is feel sorry for whoever said it.

Sad really..

"congratulations, cuz we've made it, all the way home"?? is supposed to be creative? i dont think so. nothing wrong with that, because the song is still really pretty. eisley is very simple. it doesnt mean lyrics have to be insane, or music does. there's just a good balance.

i think the song as a whole is creative. the way it is sung and the music. lost at sea is a pretty darn good song.
Night Falls
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
starnothing wrote:
Y4J wrote:

Sad really..

i think the song as a whole is creative. the way it is sung and the music. lost at sea is a pretty darn good song.

Amen.

boone
Vintage Newbie

starnothing wrote:
Y4J wrote:

Sad really..

I always thought "And you know that till the stars fall, I'll always love you" was pretty creative. Oh, wow, it comes right after the line you said. Singling one line out of a whole song, out of context, does not make a good point. Especially when it's probably the most ordinary part of the whole song.

If that was the song's killer line, then we'd have something.

gRegor
the gEek

ParanoidxAndroid wrote:

Hey, Sixpence was very creative, and awesome.

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

gRegor wrote:
ParanoidxAndroid wrote:

Agreed. They've been my muse lately. Matt Slocum is one of the most talented songwriters in existence.

ParanoidxAndroid
Sea Post King

gRegor wrote:
ParanoidxAndroid wrote:

Well, I'm going to be inclined to disagree, because anyting they can do Johnny Greenwood can do better, but opinions are opinions and that's all i've stated.

The Machine Garden like friends.
Joined: 09 Nov 2004 | Posts: 129 | Location: Kill-umbus, Ohio. w0rd to your motha
boone
Vintage Newbie

ParanoidxAndroid wrote:
gRegor wrote:
ParanoidxAndroid wrote:

Well, I'm going to be inclined to disagree, because anyting they can do Johnny Greenwood can do better, but opinions are opinions and that's all i've stated.

Just because somebody's better, it doesn't makes everybody else suck.