Laughing City
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

im new to the eisley board and didnt know this was something that was often brought up (band members hair etcetc) all i have to say is, really... cmon guys. i dont mean to start anymore arguments than there already are. but if you love and respect eisley the way i think you do, then what does it matter that stacy changes her hair color or sherri decides to grow it out? they're still gonna write beautiful music whether or not their hairs 5 inches longer or 2 shades lighter. so chillax! its all about lovin the band and the music isnt it? dont make them feel hesitant to tell us about whatevers going on in their lives by making crude judgements about little things they say, youll ruin it for the rest of us! lol. im not saying you cant have an opinion, but it wouldnt hurt to be a little nicer about it. im not trying to point fingers or play the blame game, im just saying... can't we all just get along and have a little more love in the house?

and i basically agree with heather

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dial r for revenge
Golly, Poster

Kimbrtones wrote:
I don't want to make anyone feel bad about posting their thoughts on Sherri's hair..... BUT !

Sherri and I were having this conversation this morning, (since someone sent Stacy a critical pm about her last post in her journal, and it may very well be her last), so, having said that....

Someone tell us why people think that a group of people, (the Eisley/DuPree people), that try to be so open and honest, and let people into the daily goings on of the life of this band and family, why do people feel it is ok to freely, and openly make hurtful comments to, and about the band?
Do people think that they don't have feelings?
Would you walk up to a stranger and say, "I really don't like the shoes you are wearing with that outfit."? or, "Do you think your hair looks good that way?"
Again, this post is not meant to condemn, or make anyone feel bad. Honestly. Please don't feel that.
It's just that, Sherri and I were just saying how weird this growth time is, and how you still want to be open to people, but continuel personal insults begin to wear on you, and each time you feel yourself putting one more plank up along the fence line, closing yourself off.

As for Sherri's hair....can you really mess it up? It's just hair. Girls grow it, cut it, color it, whatever....change is fun and good.

My two cents Wink

i'm so sad to hear that stacy is considering ditching the journal because some idiots can't keep their negative thoughts to themselves and think that just because someone is in a band that gives them the right to be critical of that person. it wouldn't even be so bad if the criticism was of the songs (within reason), but making personal comments about somebody's journal entries or hair.. well, when it comes to that i was brought up to believe that 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'.

and for the record, even though my opinion doesn't matter (only sherri's matters) i love sherri's hair longer. it frames her face really well how it is right now.

"dial" in Welsh means "revenge". If a welsh speaker enters an English phone booth, having paid the coin/phone card the next command the l.e.d screen throws at the customer is "revenge!" thus setting the tone for a confrontational conversation.
(thank you mogwai you are all nuts.)
Joined: 04 May 2004 | Posts: 564 | Location: bristol, england
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
horseslam
Sea Post King

dial r for revenge wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
I don't want to make anyone feel bad about posting their thoughts on Sherri's hair..... BUT !

Sherri and I were having this conversation this morning, (since someone sent Stacy a critical pm about her last post in her journal, and it may very well be her last), so, having said that....

Someone tell us why people think that a group of people, (the Eisley/DuPree people), that try to be so open and honest, and let people into the daily goings on of the life of this band and family, why do people feel it is ok to freely, and openly make hurtful comments to, and about the band?
Do people think that they don't have feelings?
Would you walk up to a stranger and say, "I really don't like the shoes you are wearing with that outfit."? or, "Do you think your hair looks good that way?"
Again, this post is not meant to condemn, or make anyone feel bad. Honestly. Please don't feel that.
It's just that, Sherri and I were just saying how weird this growth time is, and how you still want to be open to people, but continuel personal insults begin to wear on you, and each time you feel yourself putting one more plank up along the fence line, closing yourself off.

As for Sherri's hair....can you really mess it up? It's just hair. Girls grow it, cut it, color it, whatever....change is fun and good.

My two cents Wink

i'm so sad to hear that stacy is considering ditching the journal because some idiots can't keep their negative thoughts to themselves and think that just because someone is in a band that gives them the right to be critical of that person. it wouldn't even be so bad if the criticism was of the songs (within reason), but making personal comments about somebody's journal entries or hair.. well, when it comes to that i was brought up to believe that 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'.

and for the record, even though my opinion doesn't matter (only sherri's matters) i love sherri's hair longer. it frames her face really well how it is right now.

Well there you go!
I agree with you entirely.

Also, Sherri is one of those who can pull off any hairstyle.
Even a mullet. But, you know, she hasn't tried that one...
Let's just be glad all of her hairstyles (all of them. yes.) are great.

gRegor
the gEek

If it comes down to it, we could disable the PM feature for band members, if they wanted.
looneycustom
Golly, Poster

gRegor wrote:
If it comes down to it, we could disable the PM feature for band members, if they wanted.

I think that's the best idea I've heard all day. Besides a coworker suggesting going out for pizza.

I'm one up on Marley
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 819 | Location: Huntsville, Tx
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

looneycustom wrote:
gRegor wrote:

I think that's the best idea I've heard all day. Besides a coworker suggesting going out for pizza.

It is a good idea, and it saddens me that the band have received so many negative messages that they feel it necessary to insulate themselves this way. Kim's right; this is a growth period, and when it "ends" the band members are bound to be less accessible. I've said before that Eisley are an unbelievably generous group of people, between all the media they give us and the level of interactivity here on the forum. Inevitably, they're going to have to cut back on that as their popularity grows, and people will perceive that as a decrease in generosity and openness. It's really a shame that a few offensive people can have this effect, but it seems to be the price we have to pay to see Eisley succeed like we want them to. Confused

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
looneycustom
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:
looneycustom wrote:
gRegor wrote:

It is a good idea, and it saddens me that the band have received so many negative messages that they feel it necessary to insulate themselves this way. Kim's right; this is a growth period, and when it "ends" the band members are bound to be less accessible. I've said before that Eisley are an unbelievably generous group of people, between all the media they give us and the level of interactivity here on the forum. Inevitably, they're going to have to cut back on that as their popularity grows, and people will perceive that as a decrease in generosity and openness. It's really a shame that a few offensive people can have this effect, but it seems to be the price we have to pay to see Eisley succeed like we want them to. Confused

agreed.

I'm one up on Marley
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 819 | Location: Huntsville, Tx
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
looneycustom wrote:
gRegor wrote:

aww that's sad. I don't even know their names to PM... or I would while I can. Sad Crying or Very sad

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
boone
Vintage Newbie

They are their first names.
driftallyoulike
Sea Post King

Eisley will never look like all the other stars. Never ever.
I'm usually reluctant to make a post on these blogs since many are so Un-necessary and irrelevant. As Kim said I don't want anybodies feelings to be hurt but think about what is being said about some Eisley members. Eisley as a band and individuals must be the most admirable bunch i've seen. They're creativeness is beyond my belief (song, art, presentation). It seems some People always find their way to the heart of complaining and dissatisfaction with things. As for Stacy's words and thoughts, she seems to be very wise and honest. For why someone would chose to critique someone elses thoughts or put them down in their Journaling beats the Life out of me. We're all lucky we get to read the thoughts of the people we admire or anyone for that matter. It's interesting to see how minds chose to function in different scenarios. Take for what you will and maybe let it let you be more enlightened. I dunno. Maybe they're just jealous they didn't think of these thoughts themselves? I've been around Eisley music since the days of Blackened Crown and have the upmost respect for all them. Thanks for making music and being unique.
and in all honesty, isn't all this hair Starbucks whatnot opinions?
captainparker
Sea Post King

hairs and starbucks are just opinions.
i think starbucks sucks (even though i do frequent it...die hypocrite Shocked )
and Sherri's had many hairstyles and they've all looked fabulous and they were all different

but pm ing a band member and saying negative things is a crime beyond imagination. Evil or Very Mad

an unfairly cowardly tactic
Joined: 16 Sep 2005 | Posts: 320 | Location: fayetteville, ga
darth sidious
Sea Post King

I really don't have anything to add besides I hope Stacy does post in her journal again. And oh yeah, Eisley can do whatever they want with their hair, you see, they are people too!

Shocked

Shocking, isn't it?!

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

darth sidious wrote:
I really don't have anything to add besides I hope Stacy does post in her journal again. And oh yeah, Eisley can do whatever they want with their hair, you see, they are people too!

Shocked

Shocking, isn't it?!

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? Wink

JD

darth sidious
Sea Post King

jdstories wrote:
darth sidious wrote:

Shocked

Shocking, isn't it?!

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? Wink

JD

Man I don't even know my name, how should I know?

mbrown603
Sea Post King

BenC wrote:
If Stacy stops posting then the terroritst have won.
Rolling Eyes

This topic is depressing, but that quote is genius. Bravo!