Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

pullmyhair wrote:
i think finger picking is much more easier for some reason. i have trouble with picks

I suck so bad at fingerpicking. But I will get better. As soon as I can play more.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

i think it also depends on what notes youre playing in the song. like in Just Like We Do, imagine playing that with a pick. it seems like less effort without one bc you have the advantage of more than one finger(the pick)

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
joseph
Lost at Forum

As with what others have stated before, I recommend practicing both styles. Utilize both finger-picking and guitar picks. I use both, and I am comfortable with each. I started out using my fingers, then went to a guitar pick. I also took a classical guitar lessons for a year, which greatly improved my ability to arpeggiate chords.

**the turtle stamp of approval**

www.soulstrum.com
mattplayscheap
Sea Post King

Smile I Just started fingure picking more on songs!
negatiivethree
Golly, Poster

What are you talking about!? They can do anything! There's finger picking songs, and there are strumming songs, so I'm sure they've all learned to do both. You should as well, just like 20 people before me have said.
Personally, I think finger picking is easy...and really really fun. You'll only want to do it if you're skipping strings, like from E to D to e. I know, duh, right?
Skabro1005
Golly, Poster

The whole thing with not being able to keep a grip on the pick is probobly a training issue. You just have to train your hand to hold it firmly...and it might hurt at first, but it will get better. Also...you are probobly using thick picks, try using medium, or even thins.
i spit out a flury of rude language at garron like, "UGH!....DUMMY!" he flips out and crys for the next couple of hours, then we stop at subway my favorite restaurant and buy him a sub and things are cool now.

You will be greatly missed Jonathon David Wilson. Great bassist, great guy.

*caution*
*Myspace-caution*
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 | Posts: 931 | Location: Where I currently am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger