Laughing City
Simonthegreat
Lost at Forum

cryptictonight wrote:

Still, all that aside, I can't get over the genius of the last four tracks. Just Like We Do, Plenty of Paper, One Day I Slowly Floated Away, and Trolley Wood are all incredible.

Those are my favorite tracks too. I think Pieces of Paper is my favorite track folowed closely by One Day I Slowly Floated Away. I like the little synth thing at the beginning of Pieces of Paper and it made me sad that they didn't repeat it anywhere else in the song. But yes great tunes.

nevernever
Laughing Citizen

i think it's funny no one's mentioned I Wasn't Prepared OR Memories.

anyway. since everyone's giving their opinionionionions (i hate onions cooked, but i like them raw, in case anyone feels like making some sort of fancy dish for me):

i love love brightly wound and plenty of paper. and lost at sea. and..trolleywood and i wasnt prepared and ...

well this is going nowhere. i don't dislike any of them. though i must make a confession. i used to get My Lovely and JLWD mixed up. i know! i know. blasphemy, you're thinking.
but i couldn't help it.
i no longer have that problem, it's been "fixed" (bzzzp! i am not a robot controlled by the government! wwrrzzztt!).
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Revered
Sea Post King

Simonthegreat wrote:

Those are my favorite tracks too. I think Pieces of Paper is my favorite track folowed closely by One Day I Slowly Floated Away. I like the little synth thing at the beginning of Pieces of Paper and it made me sad that they didn't repeat it anywhere else in the song. But yes great tunes.

Lol.. just had to point that out.. now i shall leave
silverfrost
Sea Post King

nevernever wrote:

well this is going nowhere. i don't dislike any of them. though i must make a confession. i used to get My Lovely and JLWD mixed up. i know! i know. blasphemy, you're thinking.
but i couldn't help it.
i no longer have that problem, it's been "fixed" (bzzzp! i am not a robot controlled by the government! wwrrzzztt!).

That's funny, because JLWD is the one that stood out the most for me. My Lovely is great, but it's probably my least favorite on the album.

I guess I usually skip 6-8, as well. They're good, but I always want to move straight to the best and last few songs.
Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 183 | Location: Syracuse, New York
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lazerbith
Sea Post King

just like we do,
plenty of paper,
one day...,
are the ones i skip to every time.
however,
the (ep) recordings of the 1st few songs
will always be my favorites.
pat mccue
Sea Post King

i don't see how people can say that about the album... its an obvious favorite of mine, maybe even my favorite album of all time... no song ever gets boring and i always listen through the whole album every day... every song has its own unique story to it.

the grass dances in the wind.

my xanga: www.xanga.com/dayofdefeat1987

my myspace: www.myspace.com/ninjaliciouslittleturtle
Joined: 06 Dec 2005 | Posts: 412 | Location: Cincinnati Ohio
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

if you have an album for long enough, i don't care who it is, or if they're you're favorite band, you'll get tired of it if you listen to it everyday.
pat mccue
Sea Post King

haha possibly ...but so far i haven't..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

how long have you been listening?

it should be taken into account that room noises hasn't even been out for a year
pat mccue
Sea Post King

since september

golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

My Lovely is easily one of my favorites. I don't find it cheesey at all. Great live, too.

I don't like Lost at Sea much, but the bridge is nice.

Everything else is great though, Memories being No. 1.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

I love Brightly Wound too. Especially the second verse. It's just so b-e-a-utiful. Crying or Very sad

I loves me some Brightly Wound.
musicislove
Golly, Poster

my favorite stretch is memories to trolleywood, whooiee! there is nothing at all wrong with this album, to me. Smile

yes i love the production of the old stuff, but this album is what it is... its so dern amazing.. in my oppinon, every single song.

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

EisleyForever, what song are you parodying? I can't seem to make the words fit with "My Lovely."
I don't particularly like "My Lovely," but--blasphemy!--I don't like "I Wasn't Prepared" or "Just Like We Do" either. I can't really explain why; they both just sound kind of anemic to me, especially IWP, although I know that makes no sense.
When I first got the album I was obsessed with it, esp. "Memories," "Golly Sandra," "Brightly Wound," and the last three songs. Now I mostly listen to their older/more obscure songs but I don't know if that's because they're different or I just haven't heard them as much.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mattplayscheap
Sea Post King

well actually im pretty happy with the whole thing... but you need to pay really close attention to it to get it at first .... or thats how it was for me!