Laughing City
Andie
Golly, Poster

I listened to the song (again) before sleeping and it kissed the demons out of my head...No more nightmares for me... Shocked

"Those who are half-alive demand what is missing in them...but deny it when it's presented to them. They fear the proof of their own inefficiency."

:014:
boone
Vintage Newbie

Christie needs to make a reverb-soaked Phil Spector-influenced album of beauty...
CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

so um...
the chauntelle song already has 124 plays on my itunes.
I LOVE IT.

www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

Andie
Golly, Poster

um...who's Christie?

"Those who are half-alive demand what is missing in them...but deny it when it's presented to them. They fear the proof of their own inefficiency."

nevernever
Laughing Citizen

Andie wrote:
um...who's Christie?

hehe.
youngest dupree sister.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

but Chauntelle sung on Pretender.

Rolling Eyes

its cool. she sounds like the voice inbetween Stacy and Sherri..leaning more towards the Stacy side. perhaps lower than Stacy. i don't know.

yes.
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

I've been away from the internet because this is midterms week for me, so excuse me for being so late to post, but oh my lord...this song! This song is so amazingly brilliant and beautiful. It gave me the chills when I heard it. It's now my current favorite song. I listened to it on repeat for ages. I'm so glad to hear Chauntelle singing again. I remember during the small 4-date California tour when Eisley was recording their album in L.A. and they played a show in L.A. and I got to talk to Chauntelle. I told her that she should sing and I would love to hear her sing, and so would all the fans, and she told me all about the whole losing confidence in her singing and stuff. So I'm glad that she has found some confidence.

Her voice is so nice. I'm quite jealous. All of them Dupree's have the wonderful gift of music. I'd love to hear more singing in the future, Chauntelle!

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

jamiga wrote:
Christie should contribute some vocals on the next album. That would be grand.

I believe Christie once said that she would never do that because Eisley was her sibling's band and she didn't want to intrude. Although it would be excellent if she just did guest vocals on a song, or background. I love that gal's voice.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
RockerChick
Sea Post King

Best: Chauntelle
Second Best: The piano! It's so creepy. It all is. It's gorgeous.

I totally love it!
phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

As per Christie:

On one song there should just be some all-out Beach Boys style four-part harmonies or something. Or even an a capella song.

But only one song.
Andie
Golly, Poster

I have never heard Christie sing... Confused

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Andie wrote:

Merry Chistmas!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&frien did=26884074

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
jonthewallflower
Laughing Citizen

Pantheon4 wrote:
Andie wrote:

Merry Chistmas!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&frien did=26884074

they are all sooooo talented!!!! man, if only knowing how to weld was as cool as having a family of talented singer/songwriter/musicians...they are all simply amazing,

Andie
Golly, Poster

I don't get it...and I don't have no myspace...okay...I still haven't heard her sing....

UberTelluride
Sea Post King

GASP! Oh my good golly gosh, I'm so behind! But I LOVE THE SONG! Chauntelle is AMAZING! It's a brilliant song! LOVING IT!

She has just made my week!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>