Laughing City
rmdemsick
Sea Post King

if you wanted other people's input on what they thought the entry meant you could have simply asked but the comment about stacey needing to put down the pipe- no need no need. it's never funny when one attempts to make a joke by painting someone else in a bad light. it may seem small and insignificant to you but the way people just disregaurd other people's feelings really makes me upset. i'm no mod but i think this thread should be locked.
You have let it go.
'cause when this days sky's won't last
only what is left is what You show" *Jeremy Enigk*

***MySpace
Joined: 12 Jun 2005 | Posts: 102 | Location: hometown: MI currently: FL????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boone
Vintage Newbie

Eh, it probably shouldn't be locked. But it wasn't the most tactful way to say something.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

In trying to balance out all of this, I did look, and the person that started the thread, only has 3 posts.
I think we are not familiar with his way of commenting on things yet, and in all fairness, (me being her mom), I cannot figure out some of the things she writes, but I live in a house full of creative types, so I'm use to the abstract.
I don't see a need to lock the thread. I think if Stacy was secure enough to post something so personal, she probably is secure enough if people don't "get it", or think she's smoking a "pipe".
She is a very deep thinker, and there is no telling what was on her mind that day. Smile
boone
Vintage Newbie

Now I have a mental image of Stacy in a velvet robe, ascot, and fuzzy slippers smoking a big pipe in a wingback chair.
Molten Eyes
Sea Post King

Does writing always HAVE to make sense? It might not make sense to you but maybe it makes perfect sense to Stacy. Every time I read Stacy's journals or her lyrics I think, "Man, I wish I could write like that." I just love her word choice and the way she structures her sentences. Her creativity amazes me. Sometimes her writing might not make sense to others, but that is what's great about writing; it can be whatever the writer wants it to be. There is no set of rules to writing, no set standard, and Stacy really expresses that through her writing. She makes it her own and that's what I love about it.
Joined: 08 Nov 2004 | Posts: 169 | Location: Sugar Land, TX
the igonorance motif
Golly, Poster

boone wrote:
Now I have a mental image of Stacy in a velvet robe, ascot, and fuzzy slippers smoking a big pipe in a wingback chair.

awesome.

Bzdnika
Sea Post King

this is just my opinion, but i thought it to be a beautiful testament to faith, although, i can see it being taken the other way, but that's just me. and when i saw that escher-esque picture, i thought of how it'd look like with her hand drawing it...like, the whole process of "drawing your hand drawing your hand.", although that sounds counfusing. and i've always loved stacy's writing and the fact that it makes you (or at least me) think, and not just digest it at face value. but meh, just my own humble opinion
"You gotta think about a'starvin people gotta eat sand to survive. Sand ain't got no nurtrients...I know, 'cuz I eat it constantly. I got zero energy, i cough all the time, my diet's bad and zzzz.....zzzz....zzzz.....zzz.....zzz.."
-Meatwad
rmdemsick
Sea Post King

i'm not sure how the whole locking threads thing works so i hope i didn't come across as saying "hey mods- LOCK THIS THREAD!" if i did, please forgive me. i have run into a lot of people these past few days who have just been bashing people- particularily those in the media, both large and small- people they don't even know. and it makes me sad!! i fall victim too so i'm not pointing fingers. okay, well i'm getting off topic here so my apologies once again if i said anything that was out of line.
WRITE ON STACY!!!!

You have let it go.
'cause when this days sky's won't last
only what is left is what You show" *Jeremy Enigk*

***MySpace
Joined: 12 Jun 2005 | Posts: 102 | Location: hometown: MI currently: FL????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boone
Vintage Newbie

rmdemsick wrote:
i'm not sure how the whole locking threads thing works so i hope i didn't come across as saying "hey mods- LOCK THIS THREAD!" if i did, please forgive me. i have run into a lot of people these past few days who have just been bashing people- particularily those in the media, both large and small- people they don't even know. and it makes me sad!! i fall victim too so i'm not pointing fingers. okay, well i'm getting off topic here so my apologies once again if i said anything that was out of line.
WRITE ON STACY!!!!

Generally threads are locked if the topic is against forum rules or the topic becomes as such. The mods are pretty good at knowing which threads are worthy of locking without much help, though they'd probably appreciate a PM if there's something you feel they should see and decide about.

I think it's a good idea, in general, to refrain from asking mods to lock threads.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I enjoy it. I'm glad I'm not the only person who just goes way out to left field with things. ha ha.

I think this thread could have gotten ugly, but right now it's just a "i get it"/"I don't get it" thing. I'm glad, too.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
room_noises
Golly, Poster

I think it is amazing personally, how someone who is pretty young for a writer, can sound and be so proffessional. Reading her entries, songs, stories, or whatever encourages me that I even though I am young (11) I can write or do whatever if I put my mind to it. Stacy will inspire many people to read or write one day. I just know it.
le trou
Sea Post King

It makes me think. It makes me imagine things.
Why does everything have to be perfectly understood in the first place?

Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

Stacy has pretty fanciful thoughts. Smile
There're adventurous!

McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

I'm a pretty deep thinker, but I never come up with anything like stacy does.
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

le trou said:
Quote:
It makes me think. It makes me imagine things.
Why does everything have to be perfectly understood in the first place?

*leaning hunched into the dank closet under the stairs, weaves my fingers about for a broom sturdy and prim*
*quite gently pokes the broom around in burrows until thirty bleary-eyed rabbits appear*
*ushers rabbits into a tiny oval room flanked with the bark of the harpsicord tree*
*takes a key from the deep, wide pockets of my night gown and places it firmly in the hand of the most responsible looking rabbit*
*tells the rabits to play, anon*
*the rabbits, in gracious looping archs of melody, describe how le trou is as yoresome as the pirates of old, boats forever cobwebbed and barnacled in the Lands of the North where the Black Rocks stand guard against the cold sea*
*the rabbits tip their wide brimmed hats and scurry back to their burrows, sealing their burrows with the sticky residue of their camomile tea*

I like the way you think and write. Smile