Laughing City
dupree
Sea Post King

dannychair wrote:
OceanMachine wrote:
I've seen people on forums claim that they don't like Eisley because Eisley is Emo or Ska. Many of them have never heard anything by the band. But Eisley apparently looks Emo/Ska.

Wait...some people consider Eisley to be ska? Shocked

genres are meaningless tools of the corporate world
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

All good stuff....you people are all so smart!
thanks again,
k
abusedcat
Sea Post King

I might be a little late, but, in my eyes, "Plenty Of Paper" could've been a hit. I really would love to write a song with the band, seeing people enjoy what i write and people enjoy what Eisley write. Man, it'd only be a dream to work with them on a song/album/whatever.....i can only pray that it'll happen.
Joined: 03 Jan 2006 | Posts: 81 | Location: San Francisco, CA
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

personally "Golly Sandra" was that song that made me think "wow, this bands different" as soon as I heard the "g-g-g-golly" it just struck a chord and I was like, hey thats a crazy little twist, i like that. and then listening to more of the stuff that was on myspace at the time or maybe still is, marvelous things quickly became a favorite of mine, i think i watched the video like 445390 times in the morning while procastinating getting ready for school for a good week. i know bands are supposed to look "really cool" or all like "yeeea. this is us. we're standing with this solam confidence" which is ok i guess. but for example.. dont think im dissing Eisley... i would never ever eveeerrr do that, but in a lot of the pictures everyones all serious and i dunno. but when i saw this picture:

It just felt like something out of the Dupree Family Album or something. To me that sorta stuff seems more Eisley. Fun, Genuine, Real. ya know? I just feel like their real image isnt expressed or expressed enough, the image i get when i listen to the music or read their journals or little anecdotes you pick up here or there. i feel like by just looking at them you get a completely different idea and thats how people lead to crazy assumptions like the whole emo/ska thing. which is waaaay off.

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

dannychair wrote:
OceanMachine wrote:
I've seen people on forums claim that they don't like Eisley because Eisley is Emo or Ska. Many of them have never heard anything by the band. But Eisley apparently looks Emo/Ska.

Wait...some people consider Eisley to be ska? Shocked

Some people will consider Eilsey to be whatever they want to consider, regardless of any sort of musical relation.

dupree wrote:
genres are meaningless tools of the corporate world

Maybe to anyone with a dynamic, exploratory approach to music. For your average Joe, however, who crashes at his computer after work/school and downloads the big new Sum 41 single he just heard about, genres are incredibly useful. By throwing hundreds of thousands of bands into one big verbal bin, he's able to wade through a world of music and find exactly what he's supposed to like, and listen to it.

Certainly, I agree that genres are a tool of the corporate world, but they're not meaningless. Being the abovementioned average Joe is meaningless. The problem is that there are just so many of him.

Sea Post King

I didn't read this thread all the way through, just Kim's initial post, so maybe this has been said already....but I believe with the new management and the with a new record coming out in the future the possibilities of Eisley will be realized. You know what they say....patience is a virtue.
BK
Laughing Citizen

Wow, another topic I'm very late on. If Kim comes back to read this, this post is for you.

Collective Soul doesn't seem to get much help from their lable either, but they are doing very well for themselves. In fact, they are considered to be the largest "undergoung" band ever, despite being signed with Atlantic. When a band has what it takes and the determination to prove it, they will make it big inspite of whatever might be "working against them". It might take longer to reach that kind of status, but once you're there you've figured out everything it takes and can keep it longer. Sure, crappy bands are popping up left and right and seem to be making it big faster than those that are worth listening to, but they won't be in the spotlight long either.

I got attached to Eisley because I saw greatness in them, I will always support the band and do my best to introduce more people to them; and I do expect to eventually see them headlining arena shows.

the gEek

I think Eisley will eventually reach a "critical mass" point... whether or not there is a massive label push for radioplay, when there are X number of fans and X number of CDs out there being listened to, it's inevitable. 70,000 fans on Myspace is pretty impressive; the Internet presence of Eisley has always been strong and that's one of their best assets, in my opinion. (aside from their talent, duh)

Their touring has been getting great responses and shows are selling out. I realize this doesn't necessarily equate to money for the band, but it does expand the fanbase - exponentially at times. I'm in Indianapolis and we're bringing them here on this tour. They've never played here, the closest they've played is Cincinatti and Chicago several times. We've done hardly any promotion for it yet, just what's listed on the site here and on Myspace, and we've sold over 80 tickets already! For a market that Eisley has not played before, that's pretty impressive. I think they're getting pretty well known out there without the help of radio.

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Thanks again everyone.
I have been coming back and checking the responses. Everyone is so encouraging. I really appreciate it.
Like I said, we are not blaming, or bitter towards anyone. Not the label, whom we have a good relationship with, and we certainly love the new management.
I guess, I was feeling overwhelmed that day. Feeling like we've already been at this so long. The band started in 1998 and even though they were only signed in 2003, we have been supporting, and pouring ourselves into this for 5 years before that, and now all the way to 2006.
No complaints about that at all.
It just nauseates me that suck bands fly to the top mainly....because they suck! Then, we have to hear them in every store we walk into, every time we hear the radio....gah! I won't name the ones that really get under my skin. Anyway, enough ranting from me.
Thanks again everyone!
kd
BK
Laughing Citizen

It's understandable. There are things that I feel like I've been working on for a long time that are just now taking off (and somewhat feeling like they aren't); it definitely can get frustrating. Like I said, though, when all is said and down you guys will probably have learned so much through all of this that you will most likely be able to stay on top longer than the guys that seemed to appear already at the top.

As always, Eisley will get my full love and support no matter what tomorrow may bring.

Sea Post King

I agree, it must be the most frustrating thing to have not got a little further with the band. I sometimes find the same problems with my graphic/illustration work. No matter how much effort i put in i just seem to remain static. On a more positive note i have become allot stronger through the process. Anyway i'm sure the band will reach the mainstream within the next year. You just need to get to the uk and then we will help out. Wink
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
It just nauseates me that suck bands fly to the top mainly....because they suck! Then, we have to hear them in every store we walk into, every time we hear the radio....gah! I won't name the ones that really get under my skin. Anyway, enough ranting from me.
Thanks again everyone!
kd

Name names! We swear we won't hold it against you.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
em-tucky
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Thanks again everyone!
kd

Name names! We swear we won't hold it against you.

fall out boy

sorry that was a low blow. but that's the first one that comes to mind.