7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
no
92%
 92%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 63

robbie
Vintage Newbie

This isn't directed at anybody in particular...

In most cases if people weren't smoking pot, they'd be doing something else that is similar. Everybody has a vice and most of them are harmful in some way. So stop being condescending and just let people be. To respond to something like this with "well i'm not some brain dead stupid moron dummy that wants to harm himself because it's stupid" is just plain childish.

Also, many of you responding to this post are probably still in high school... wait a couple years and see if you still have the same knee-jerk response to topics like this.

It's funny, I don't smoke pot, nor do I like it or condone it's use, but I'm defending people's rights to act out their desctructive or experimental tendencies... but I guess that's just it, everybody has those. You think that you don't? You do. Harmful, damaging, unhealthy tendencies... we all do.
Joined: 17 Jun 2004 | Posts: 2249 | Location: Kansas City, MO
norad
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
patrock wrote:
JBaker wrote:
maskless_masquerade wrote:
I disagree with drugs. Harming yourself like that is just stupid. Just having a few brief moment of enjoyment and then having a long term suffering because of drugs. That just mess up. I wouldn't do it

If drugs have no side effect, I know I would do it all the time.

Uh... marijuana really doesn't have long term side effects physically.

not inless you get cancer, or have HIV and develope AIDS.
then no, no long term effects.

Haha, I have no idea what you are trying to say...
Are you trying to say that you can get HIV from smoking marijuana?

It is true that there's a chance to get lung cancer from smoking weed... but you'd pretty much have to smoke every single day. I know that some "potheads" do indeed smoke everyday, but I would say that the vast majority of people that have tried weed do not do it everyday.

no. i said, or tried to say, if you have HIV already. you can develope AIDS. from smoking pot.
Skabro1005
Golly, Poster

I say anything that impares judgement = can't be good. Therefor I stay away. Even cigs and alcohol I find nasty. Clean is the way to...lean. Laughing
i spit out a flury of rude language at garron like, "UGH!....DUMMY!" he flips out and crys for the next couple of hours, then we stop at subway my favorite restaurant and buy him a sub and things are cool now.

You will be greatly missed Jonathon David Wilson. Great bassist, great guy.

*caution*
*Myspace-caution*
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 | Posts: 931 | Location: Where I currently am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

[quote="robbie"] To respond to something like this with "well i'm not some brain dead stupid moron dummy that wants to harm himself because it's stupid" is just plain childish.

Also, many of you responding to this post are probably still in high school... wait a couple years and see if you still have the same knee-jerk response to topics like this.
[quote]

I agree.
People that smoke weed aren't stupid.
They're just making a choice that some don't agree with.
And when I was in Jr. High I was like "just say no"
but...later on...say age 16-20...
It was a different story.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
Skabro1005
Golly, Poster

Meh, Im 19 and I feel the same way as you guys, as it is childish to call those people morons, but I dont think it's the smartest choice to do those things either...I can think, and actually do tons of stuff to keep myself from doing such things as pot. I guess I'm just a moral kind of guy.
i spit out a flury of rude language at garron like, "UGH!....DUMMY!" he flips out and crys for the next couple of hours, then we stop at subway my favorite restaurant and buy him a sub and things are cool now.

You will be greatly missed Jonathon David Wilson. Great bassist, great guy.

*caution*
*Myspace-caution*
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 | Posts: 931 | Location: Where I currently am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
room_noises
Golly, Poster

i don't want to be mean at all, but you four that voted yes, i'm kind of surprised with you. because here you are listening to this nice christian band and you're getting high. it saddens me greatly. Sad
i'm shocked. Shocked

amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

robbie wrote:
This isn't directed at anybody in particular...

In most cases if people weren't smoking pot, they'd be doing something else that is similar. Everybody has a vice and most of them are harmful in some way. So stop being condescending and just let people be. To respond to something like this with "well i'm not some brain dead stupid moron dummy that wants to harm himself because it's stupid" is just plain childish.

It's funny, I don't smoke pot, nor do I like it or condone it's use, but I'm defending people's rights to act out their desctructive or experimental tendencies... but I guess that's just it, everybody has those. You think that you don't? You do. Harmful, damaging, unhealthy tendencies... we all do.

but if you care about someone you don't want them to get involved in things that will hurt them in the long run. i think that's part of what you call the knee-jerk response. it's never just a choice, or only destructive for one person or experimental for one person. you get a drug habit and you're experimenting with everyone who's around you when you're high.
i don't think people who smoke weed are stupid, but i do think that a lot of times they don't look at all the angles before they start.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

room_noises wrote:
i don't want to be mean at all, but you four that voted yes, i'm kind of surprised with you. because here you are listening to this nice christian band and you're getting high. it saddens me greatly. Sad
i'm shocked. Shocked

All kinds of people like Eisley.

And as for smoking weed, I have not done it. I've been offered it more than a few times. But like robbie said everyone has their vices. I mean eating a lot of unhealthy food will harm you eventually too.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
norad
Vintage Newbie

room_noises wrote:
i'm shocked. Shocked

they are not a christan band.
and the type of music someone listens to does not, for the most part, dictate their lifestyle choices.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
room_noises wrote:
i'm shocked. Shocked

and the type of music someone listens to does not, for the most part, dictate their lifestyle choices.

Funny thing, some of my brother's friends listen to Eisley ("Marvelous Things") while they smoke weed.

And I once saw on a Christian forum a guy that was using scripture to support pot smoking.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
norad
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:
room_noises wrote:
i'm shocked. Shocked

Funny thing, some of my brother's friends listen to Eisley ("Marvelous Things") while they smoke weed.

And I once saw on a Christian forum a guy that was using scripture to support pot smoking.

well, the song is very trippy.
and if i didnt know any better...i'd say there were on acid when they wrote it.
Shocked
Laughing
Eria
Sea Post King

Actually, I'm shocked that only 4 people voted yes. It's pretty common.

<< prev | goto page