Laughing City
Odan
Laughing Citizen

i have a question:

is there a reason the band doesn't like this song (Pretender...cause now we're talking about One More Day With You...)? or do they just not like it *period*

...just wondering if they actually gave a reason or not...cause i like it...it was on repeat for a few weeks when i downloaded it...then it got be too much...too much of a good thing...i ruined the song for myself... Crying or Very sad

FakePlasticPerson
Sea Post King

I think it was said that it doesn't really fit with what they've become musically.
It is a MossEisley song, which is no longer who they are. If that makes sense?
Granted, I absolutely love the song, but it would be awkward to put that in the set.
Unless of course...they re-worked it. But they have all kinds of other music they're doing. Razz I'm content.

rickychristopher
Sea Post King

superhits wrote:
rickychristopher wrote:
if "one more day with you" is not a song by the duprees, then who is it by? i was also wondering if that was maybe boyd, weston or john singing in the background?

zac hanson wrote it and is singing in the background

who the heck is zac hanson? you mean like "mmmbop?" and what is a songwriter's workshop?

www.myspace.com/thehundredmen
Joined: 03 Jan 2006 | Posts: 31 | Location: outside of philadelphia, pa
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

rickychristopher wrote:
superhits wrote:
rickychristopher wrote:
if "one more day with you" is not a song by the duprees, then who is it by? i was also wondering if that was maybe boyd, weston or john singing in the background?

who the heck is zac hanson? you mean like "mmmbop?" and what is a songwriter's workshop?

Haha, yeah, it is zac "mmmbop" hanson that they're talking about. Hanson does like this songwriter's workshop once in awhile where they invite bands to come and collaborate and practise writing songs. At least I think that's what it is. Boyd wrote a journal about it awhile back, you could check there.

Anyway, I love Chauntelle's voice. I'm so happy that she'll be singing on the upcoming album. I think she's great. And I really do like "Pretender", even though it's so different from any other Eisley songs.
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

Miss Pine wrote:
rickychristopher wrote:
superhits wrote:
rickychristopher wrote:

Haha, yeah, it is zac "mmmbop" hanson that they're talking about. Hanson does like this songwriter's workshop once in awhile where they invite bands to come and collaborate and practise writing songs. At least I think that's what it is. Boyd wrote a journal about it awhile back, you could check there.

Anyway, I love Chauntelle's voice. I'm so happy that she'll be singing on the upcoming album. I think she's great. And I really do like "Pretender", even though it's so different from any other Eisley songs.

so Eisley didn't write it..someone else did...but they just sang it Question

norad
Vintage Newbie

lonelynation3 wrote:
Miss Pine wrote:
rickychristopher wrote:
superhits wrote:
rickychristopher wrote:

so Eisley didn't write it..someone else did...but they just sang it Question

no one in eisley wrote it.
chauntelle sang it.
she's the only one in eisley that was involed with the song.
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

oh...i see Smile
diggum
Sea Post King

I thought it was VAST who wrote it and just had Chauntelle sing with them...I could have sworn it was VAST.

<< prev | goto page