Laughing City
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

That's a very cool review. I, too, am hearing impared (not deaf but definitely not perfect at all) and the Eisley concert was alot of good vibrations and lots of mumbling from the band. lol.
My sister was there interpreting when they were saying some of the time and that helped. Smile

I hope the surgery goes well! When the cochleor implants go batteryless that's when i want one. Very Happy But of course that's not what you're having done.. anyway!
have a great day!

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
GollyOllie
Sea Post King

Good luck with your surgery! I hope all goes well! I seem to have been at the exact opposite end than you. Everyone I was with was RIGHT against the bass amps, and right infront of Sherri. It was an amazing show. I was able to go over and get a few pics of Chauntelle during Brighten. But during Eisley the only way I could get Stacy and Chauntelle was through the "super zoom" on my camera, so its mainly large versions of their faces. I was able to meet Chauntelle during Simon Dawes, and afterwards I tried to meet the rest but it had gotten too late and we were all tired. I was also surprised they made us leave the room as quickly as they did.
Joined: 10 May 2006 | Posts: 54 | Location: Sugar Land (The Bubble),TX
kinz
Sea Post King

your post really warmed me up inside and made me smile
KUDOS!

BK
Laughing Citizen

evilocdsquirrel13 wrote:
oh my gosh. AMAZING. end of story. my friend courtney and i were right in front of chauntelle at the meridian..yes, with the badly sharpie'd E's on our cheeks..it's the thought that counts really, and in our minds we were showing the love. =] she (chauntelle) is really beautiful..her smile is like A-FREAKINGMAZING. i was the hyper deaf one in the trolleywood shirt. i had so much fun doing ASL to all the songs i knew!! it was great! due to the fact that her face is not in a mic all the time, chauntelle's lips are quite easy to read. OH..MYGOSH i LOOOVED being so close to the stage..i could feel the vibrations like whoa...so i kept my hands spread lightly on the stage..and probably looked like an idiot. but that matters not..i got to see eisley in concert before i lose the rest of my hearing! i find it funny actually that when you're signing and you are hard of hearing, not deaf, people come up BEHIND you and ask you if you are deaf...if you're behind them they can't read your lips, nor could they hear the question...but oh well. yes. we wanted desperately to meet chauntelle..as courtney said "it's like at the moment the rest of the band is chopped liver." to which i replied "no, they're the onions" the conversation that ensued was one of much laughter and questions like "so..do they have bad breath?" yes yes we are insane...we were so sad that they started shooing us out of the meridian...we were going to wait...oh well...*sigh*
the songs, from where i was standing and due to the fact that i am profoundly deaf, consisted of vibrations and a little bit of bassy sounds. it made me so sad to not be able to hear sherri and stacy...it stunk. but it was fun to just be in their presence and quite literally feel the music. hopefully next tour i will be able to hear them perfectly. i am having surgery may the 27th. it seems they want to shove tubing down my ears or something...but whatever. this has been a summary of the eisley concert at the meridian in houston texas.
I'm hearing impaired, currently, and have seen them once while being deaf. It's awesome to meet someone else who ventured out to feel the "good vibrations".
Golly, Poster

Exclamation Warm, fuzzy feeling alert Exclamation
I love your concert recount. Here's to more great Eisley concerts in your future!

You sneeze, and 3 seconds later, about a hundred people offer you a tissue.
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

Very snazzy review, you have an exciting writing style Very Happy

(normally I get too bored to read a whole review but not this time! Perhaps my attention span is improving)

evilocdsquirrel13

yay! aww i feel so loved. Laughing
 |  | 
evilocdsquirrel13

BK wrote:
evilocdsquirrel13 wrote:
oh my gosh. AMAZING. end of story. my friend courtney and i were right in front of chauntelle at the meridian..yes, with the badly sharpie'd E's on our cheeks..it's the thought that counts really, and in our minds we were showing the love. =] she (chauntelle) is really beautiful..her smile is like A-FREAKINGMAZING. i was the hyper deaf one in the trolleywood shirt. i had so much fun doing ASL to all the songs i knew!! it was great! due to the fact that her face is not in a mic all the time, chauntelle's lips are quite easy to read. OH..MYGOSH i LOOOVED being so close to the stage..i could feel the vibrations like whoa...so i kept my hands spread lightly on the stage..and probably looked like an idiot. but that matters not..i got to see eisley in concert before i lose the rest of my hearing! i find it funny actually that when you're signing and you are hard of hearing, not deaf, people come up BEHIND you and ask you if you are deaf...if you're behind them they can't read your lips, nor could they hear the question...but oh well. yes. we wanted desperately to meet chauntelle..as courtney said "it's like at the moment the rest of the band is chopped liver." to which i replied "no, they're the onions" the conversation that ensued was one of much laughter and questions like "so..do they have bad breath?" yes yes we are insane...we were so sad that they started shooing us out of the meridian...we were going to wait...oh well...*sigh*
the songs, from where i was standing and due to the fact that i am profoundly deaf, consisted of vibrations and a little bit of bassy sounds. it made me so sad to not be able to hear sherri and stacy...it stunk. but it was fun to just be in their presence and quite literally feel the music. hopefully next tour i will be able to hear them perfectly. i am having surgery may the 27th. it seems they want to shove tubing down my ears or something...but whatever. this has been a summary of the eisley concert at the meridian in houston texas.
I'm hearing impaired, currently, and have seen them once while being deaf. It's awesome to meet someone else who ventured out to feel the "good vibrations".

and the vibrations certainly were AWESOME!!! just being in the same room with them...and standing directly in front of chauntelle..(so close we could have touched her shoe, but we discussed that and decided it would be too weird.) but yeah..the experience of seeing them, ok..so maybe i did not hear them, was still amazing
 |  | 
ali
since 1979

awesome review! i hope your surgery goes perfectly Smile
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

i liked your review and hope that at the next eisley concert You can hear it! Smile
Valerie
Lost at Forum

McKenzies wrote:
wow. that's probably one of my favorite concert reviews ever. Very Happy
Me too, me too. I say we form an angry mob if it doesn't place in the contest.
Joined: 21 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1114 | Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Ryan5 wrote:
sorry if this is a stupid question, but if you can't hear them, or hear them very well, how do you like them? like what about them do you like? just curious.

Thats easy,they were standing right in front of Chauntelle,you wouldn't have to hear the music to enjoy the gig Laughing Cool

Laughing Citizen

Ryan5 wrote:
sorry if this is a stupid question, but if you can't hear them, or hear them very well, how do you like them? like what about them do you like? just curious.
Perhaps, like me, their hearing loss was fairly recent or happened after they discovered Eisley. For instance, I've known Eisley for a few years now but I've only been deaf/hard of hearing for 1 year.

i was pronounced deaf at 5. i hadn't heard eisley before, and i still can only hear a little now, but i love it. (the music, not the deafness.)
 |  | 
Jay
Golly, Poster

that's amazing. i'm really glad i read that.

Smile