Laughing City
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Maybe he wasn't throwing it at Stacy,Maybe he put a little love letter inside and was pasing it to her Wink seriously though I never understand why people want to throw stuff on stage, It's kind of pathetic really and potentially dangerous.

I think it's time that eisley started touring with bands which are more like themselves, it's obvious that the majority of "pop punk" kids don't get their music, They'd be much better off touring with bands similar to eisleys music.

Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
Maybe he wasn't throwing it at Stacy,Maybe he put a little love letter inside and was pasing it to her Wink seriously though I never understand why people want to throw stuff on stage, It's kind of pathetic really and potentially dangerous.

I think it's time that eisley started touring with bands which are more like themselves, it's obvious that the majority of "pop punk" kids don't get their music, They'd be much better off touring with bands similar to eisleys music.

That sounds reasonable, but the bands touring choices shouldn't be reduced due to someones bad behavior.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

gregorydymitrowicz wrote:

That sounds reasonable, but the bands touring choices shouldn't be reduced due to someones bad behavior.

What I mean is there would be more people who would a) "get" eisleys music and b) win a lot more fans over if they were supporting a band which are more similar in style than all these bands they've been out on tour with .I know you sometimes just have to take opportunities & it's not always their choice (I'm guessing) but surely winning over a whole room of fans who understand your music is better than winning over a handful of scene kids at a show the band are really out of place at

I dunno

Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
gregorydymitrowicz wrote:

What I mean is there would be more people who would a) "get" eisleys music and b) win a lot more fans over if they were supporting a band which are more similar in style than all these bands they've been out on tour with .I know you sometimes just have to take opportunities & it's not always their choice (I'm guessing) but surely winning over a whole room of fans who understand your music is better than winning over a handful of scene kids at a show the band are really out of place at

I dunno

Yeah I agree with you. I think the reasons they agreed to open for TBS were 1) to be nice, 2) to go overseas again. Probably not to try and win over some scene kids.

Gavman
Sea Post King

I was pretty mad when the person threw the bottle on stage and I was'nt even performing. So good on the band for jsut getting on with things and playing on.

I'm hoping karma will take care of the jerk that threw the bottle!

on a side note god I am so happy I finally got to see Eisley live Very Happy

unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

Stacy is a friggin' Trooper...that's all I gotta say...from being pelted with beer bottles and stuff like that...gah...I remember when I saw them in Charleston, SC on the HHH tour...there was some douche with a camera with a removable flash...and all through golly sandra he kept putting the flash like a foot from her face...and then the awesome Chad Gilbert came to the rescue and told the dude to knock it off....
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It's true: If Eisley would play with bands that are a more similar style, they'd probably get a warmer response. However, I kind of like that they do push it and try for uncomfortable situations. Though it would be nice to see them with a kind pairing a little more often.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
analog tapes
Sea Post King

i have lots of experience on the stage, i have tourned nationally twice, and let me tell you, i have had my fair share of random objects thrown at me.

its dangerous. its not funny at all. first of all, catching a glass bottle to the eye or chest is very painful. plus, we have thousands of dollars of expensive equipment on stage! what if it gets damaged? than what? musicians are already notoriously broke, now you want to risk their equipment they probably worked their butts off just to afford?

basically, if you throw things on stage, you are an immature non-thinker. end rant.

treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Stacy's on right now and she's probably reading this. Hi Stacy! Sorry about the jerk.
evilocdsquirrel13

gah this made me mad...
 |  | 
horseslam
Sea Post King

There are a lot of jerks.
I remember when they were on tour with New Found Glory, and some guys were giving them the middle finger the whole time. I talked to Stacy and Sherri after the show with some friends of mine, and she seemed pretty pissed about it.

People just want some sort of attention....even if it's for being ignorant.

treetops12
Vintage Newbie

horseslam wrote:
There are a lot of jerks.
I remember when they were on tour with New Found Glory, and some guys were giving them the middle finger the whole time. I talked to Stacy and Sherri after the show with some friends of mine, and she seemed pretty pissed about it.

People just want some sort of attention....even if it's for being ignorant.

Well Sherri is getting them back by marrying a member of their beloved NFG... take that! Laughing

analog tapes
Sea Post King

bottom line, the scene is really crappy these days. there are some really great areas where the scene is amazing (oregon, seattle, soutern california) but there are some places where people are not music lovers. its sad.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

FROM SHERRI'S NEW ENTRY:
"someone threw a beer at us tonight in southampton...that was a
cool kid. that kid was like the champion of his cool kid gang tonight.

on the other hand, we also had a kiss thrown at us from one kid.
so you know...life evens out."

Laughing

lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
FROM SHERRI'S NEW ENTRY:
"someone threw a beer at us tonight in southampton...that was a
cool kid. that kid was like the champion of his cool kid gang tonight.

on the other hand, we also had a kiss thrown at us from one kid.
so you know...life evens out."

Laughing

well, at least that made up for it. Laughing