Laughing City
Author Message
boyd
Eisleyoid


mp3.com.... another on line wonder.

I received this email from Jeff in New Media today. There are other things I can't talk about yet that are SO cool, but here's one I can report:
__________________________________________________

"Boyd, I set up a listening party for Eisley at MP3.com -
http://www.mp3.com/listening_room/

and it did so well that they just gave it a home page push -
http://www.mp3.com/

(if you don't see it featured as one of the four main slots, refresh...it's
there).  They have huge traffic, so this is a great push."

___________________________________________________

I had to refresh 4 times on the second url to see eisley... that's just the
way they rotate so many - hitting viewers with something different every
time they log on. But the thumbnail is cool... great web presence.

I feel like I should be shocked... but am moving too fast to be shocked. I
just feel like a passive spectator; again, i tell the band all this stuff and
they just... keep making a smoothie with our food mulcher. They say
things like, "really?", but i can tell, like me, they don't know how to
process it. Do any of you feel that way?

And the "Cool Beans" movie? huh?? I heard that and just said..."huh...
cool". And it didn't sink in really. Until about 4 people told me they saw
the movie and SAW EISLEY!!! and i sorta get it more now. They're
permanently sealed in film with Uma Thurman or something... as cameo,
slient movie characters. Maybe we'll go see this film on the road.
I gotta get packing. bd

_________________
EisleyWebGuy

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Joined: 04 Nov 2002 | Posts: 5180 | Location: Tyler, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chubbygumby
Guest


sweeet! i didn't have to refresh though. heh.

Boyd wrote:
I feel like I should be shocked... but am moving too fast to be shocked. I
just feel like a passive spectator; again, i tell the band all this stuff and
they just... keep making a smoothie with our food mulcher. They say
things like, "really?", but i can tell, like me, they don't know how to
process it. Do any of you feel that way?

i'm not exactly "shocked" but more that i'm happy for them. it's really cool that they're getting exposure, especially from big names like mp3.com and FUSE and the list goes on... to me shocked would be if they were #1 on the Billboard charts the first week their album came out. now that would be Shocked ing. but i'm totally glad for the band.

i didn't see Be Cool yet, but i definitely wil check that out.
any idea why they're in it though? like did someone from WB spread the word and then someone knew the writers or producers or director or maybe someone just slipped it into the movie while they were shooting? hmm..
 |  | 
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie


Wow... right next to REM (and Jennifer Lopez... hmmm). Very cool.
_________________
"If you're a ninja, every day is like friday."
-Jamie M.
Joined: 28 Jan 2003 | Posts: 2851 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
sammy7987
Sea Post King


I saw be cool and got all excited when eisley showed up on the screen i thought it was kind of neat. You guys are moving on up and i will always wish the best for the band.
Sammy
Joined: 23 Apr 2004 | Posts: 5 | Location: Bakersfield, California
View user's profile Send private message
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie


kimmwong wrote:
spamspamspam


Is this the spam RollingPasture was speaking of? Confused And no, I am not the one who did it (before you ask)
Joined: 17 Dec 2005 | Posts: 7523 | Location: Wisconsin
View user's profile Send private message
norad
Vintage Newbie


CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
kimmwong wrote:
spamspamspam


Is this the spam RollingPasture was speaking of? Confused And no, I am not the one who did it (before you ask)


i bet it was rollingpasture.
Joined: 12 Jun 2005 | Posts: 20734 | 
View user's profile Send private message
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen


I can't find any mention of Eisley and I did refresh several times. Can someone help me out and alleviate my blindness? Sad
_________________

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 1720 | Location: utah
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
boone
Vintage Newbie


guitargirl wrote:
I can't find any mention of Eisley and I did refresh several times. Can someone help me out and alleviate my blindness? Sad

This thread is well over a year old.

_________________
Scriptozoology, a screenwriting blog .. Facebook
Joined: 04 Mar 2004 | Posts: 11753 | Location: Toledo, OR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen


boone wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
I can't find any mention of Eisley and I did refresh several times. Can someone help me out and alleviate my blindness? Sad

This thread is well over a year old.


Thanks for letting me know that. Now I shall go feel dumb! Embarassed

_________________

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 1720 | Location: utah
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
UselessHippo
Vintage Newbie


guitargirl wrote:
boone wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
I can't find any mention of Eisley and I did refresh several times. Can someone help me out and alleviate my blindness? Sad

This thread is well over a year old.


Thanks for letting me know that. Now I shall go feel dumb! Embarassed


*snicker*

_________________
Joined: 13 Jan 2006 | Posts: 2041 | Location: Minnesota
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie


Now someone deleted kimwong's post and in place of what it said before put "spamspamspam" in all the quotes. So you all know, I am not the one who bumped this more than year old thread, and there was some spam advertising before, not "spamspamspam"
Joined: 17 Dec 2005 | Posts: 7523 | Location: Wisconsin
View user's profile Send private message
TUX
Sea Post King


hey, Here is the link
_________________

-----------------
I need help (seriously no forum joke)
Joined: 22 May 2006 | Posts: 46 | Location: under my sig
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic

Display posts from previous:   



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB, coffee, and Eisley fans worldwide.
phpBB is © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group