88%
 88%  [ 86 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 97

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I always loved reading Kim's xanga. It was always very deep and insightful. I think a journal could be the same way, and this way people couldn't leave snotty little comments.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
I always loved reading Kim's xanga. It was always very deep and insightful. I think a journal could be the same way, and this way people couldn't leave snotty little comments.

Kim had a Xanga? Surprised
Am I the only person who hasn't had one?

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

You guys are funny. I did cast one of the 3 "no" votes so far.
I know my place! Wink

at least until our family does it's own reality tv show, then I'll get advice from Sharon Osborne....NOT!
Last edited by Kimbrtones on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Odan
Laughing Citizen

Well if you dont' want on then there's no use of trying to get you one....right?
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Quote:
at least until our family does it's own reality tv show, then I'll get advice from Sharon Osborne....NOT!

Laughing your own reality show... MEET THE DUPREE'S!
I'd watch Wink

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
Quote:

Laughing your own reality show... MEET THE DUPREE'S!
I'd watch Wink

Get a video in heavy rotation on MTV, then pitch the meet the Duprees. I'm sure it would get some good ratings. Of course you are all on the road all the time so that would be hard to do I guess. I voted yes. Get Kim a journal or have her post on Tales from Trolleywood some. Either way.
pktechgirl
Sea Post King

thebrowncoat wrote:
Definitely yes! Kim's Korner!

I second that!

end MORAINE
Golly, Poster

I was the first "no"

To be honest I just don't see the appeal of reading what the band's mom is doing.

Stumbled upon a slipstream of stubble and rash urine stains, where the warming of marrow drew comfort from this blanketless train. an insulin coma, baring the mark of tremula metacarpi; an executrix at play in the cargo of thanos
jonthewallflower
Laughing Citizen

hmm, i voted yes...but out of my own selfish love of knowing about the Duprees...

...but thinking about it...and yeah kim already mentioned it...she'd pretty much risk turning their life into a reality show...granted it would only be a blog...but come on how would you feel if your parents were constantly documenting your day on the intar-web

"10:53 a.m. jonathan wakes up after 14 hours of sleep and some intense moments of scratching

11:39 a.m. jonathan consumes contents of pantry...including a jar of chicken bouillion cubes he found behind the fridge

8:59 p.m. jonathan drinks some gatorade his little brother left over only too realize it was only a gatorade bottle filled with gatorade looking liquid"

LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

jonthewallflower wrote:
hmm, i voted yes...but out of my own selfish love of knowing about the Duprees...

...but thinking about it...and yeah kim already mentioned it...she'd pretty much risk turning their life into a reality show...granted it would only be a blog...but come on how would you feel if your parents were constantly documenting your day on the intar-web

"10:53 a.m. jonathan wakes up after 14 hours of sleep and some intense moments of scratching

11:39 a.m. jonathan consumes contents of pantry...including a jar of chicken bouillion cubes he found behind the fridge

8:59 p.m. jonathan drinks some gatorade his little brother left over only too realize it was only a gatorade bottle filled with gatorade looking liquid"
hmm, when i voted yes..i wasn't hoping for hourly updates, just like the stuff she writes now, but in her own journal. i think she's pretty interesting, but she probably is not even gonna consider it. her dispersed little posts suffice me well enough.
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

end MORAINE wrote:

Quote:
I was the first "no"

To be honest I just don't see the appeal of reading what the band's mom is doing.

I'm sorry...that made me laugh outloud. That would be the last thing I would post about.
Let's see...it would go like this...woke up depressed...made myself get out of bed...looked around at the messy house....band/husband still out on the road....yard needs to be mowed, and vines trimmed...more housework to look at...can't make myself do such exciting things, such as push a broom, dust, dishes, organize other people's stuff....lucky enough to talk to either husband or one of my kids today....or not.

Anyway...I am not even considering a blog of my own on here. I did have xanga for a while, but I shut it down.
I'm just 4 of the band members mom. Nothing really great, or exciting about that.
I just enjoy being a part of this forum, just like you guys, and am a big fan of Eisley. Smile
Last edited by Kimbrtones on Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
IGotTheFireTonight
Sea Post King

No offence, Kim. I'm sure you're a great lady. But I voted no.

Here's my reason:

I think that people try to pry into the band/family's life enough as it is, and they should have some sort of wall between themselves and the rest of the world. Sure, celebrity brings its spotlight, but Eisley are people too, and I'm sure that there are some things they just want to have for themselves. For example, pictures of Weston riding his bike, or Chauntelle cleaning her room.

We get beyond enough info on the band as it is with the existing journals, website junk, myspace bulletins, email newsletters, and even meet-n-greets. If you want more, you're just greedy.

MySpace
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

IGotTheFireTonight wrote:

Here's my reason:

I think that people try to pry into the band/family's life enough as it is, and they should have some sort of wall between themselves and the rest of the world. Sure, celebrity brings its spotlight, but Eisley are people too, and I'm sure that there are some things they just want to have for themselves. For example, pictures of Weston riding his bike, or Chauntelle cleaning her room.

We get beyond enough info on the band as it is with the existing journals, website junk, myspace bulletins, email newsletters, and even meet-n-greets. If you want more, you're just greedy.

i love when people make baseless statements as though they're fact. i think that wanting to know more about your favorite band is a natural feeling; it doesn't mean you're "greedy". they're people you're interested in and admire -- you have quite good reason to want more information.

in my opinion, it's like saying you're greedy when you want to know where the band you like is from. you don't necessarily need to know it, but it's natural to be curious. just because we have a lot already doesn't subtract from that feeling.

i'm almost certain a journal from kim wouldn't narrate the home lives of her children. i believe the idea was more to give insight from another contributing member of their family -- kim does have a lot to say, as we've seen from her posts here, and many people find her very interesting. i'd think a journal from her would be a reflection of her posts here -- just in a more private area that was just hers.

again, a journal wouldn't be necessary, but i'm quite sure everyone who voted "yes" already knew that.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

nevernever wrote:
IGotTheFireTonight wrote:

Here's my reason:

i love when people make baseless statements as though they're fact. i think that wanting to know more about your favorite band is a natural feeling; it doesn't mean you're "greedy". they're people you're interested in and admire -- you have quite good reason to want more information.

in my opinion, it's like saying you're greedy when you want to know where the band you like is from. you don't necessarily need to know it, but it's natural to be curious. just because we have a lot already doesn't subtract from that feeling.

i'm almost certain a journal from kim wouldn't narrate the home lives of her children. i believe the idea was more to give insight from another contributing member of their family -- kim does have a lot to say, as we've seen from her posts here, and many people find her very interesting. i'd think a journal from her would be a reflection of her posts here -- just in a more private area that was just hers.

again, a journal wouldn't be necessary, but i'm quite sure everyone who voted "yes" already knew that.

oh, snap! Laughing
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

i said no because kim would share too many dirty secrets...

"granpaturtle has 3 arms...oh wait I wasn't sposed to say that..."

Shocked

WHY KIM!? WHY DID YOU BETRAY ME!!!!???